His Royal Highness, The Duke of Edinburgh-Death and Funeral thread

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 09, 2021, 11:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Absolutely beautiful picture of Mia Tindall and Prince Philip captured by The Duchess of Cambridge.

https://twitter.com/KaylaAdams___/status/1383105314971607045?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

Earlier today, Justin Trudeau spoke to Queen Elizabeth to express condolences about the passing of Prince Philip: *She expressed to me how touched she was by the tributes that have been flowing in from Canada and around the world.*.

https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/1383088703476744193?s=20

wannable

Victoria Arbiter
@victoriaarbiter

In recent weeks a number of US news and chat show hosts have claimed Americans don't care about the Royal Family. Tomorrow all 3 major networks and all 3 major cable news channels will be carrying live coverage of Prince Philip's funeral which rather suggests otherwise.

sara8150

Prince Philip: Mike Tindall shares photo of Duke with great-granddaughter Mia Grace on Instagram | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral: Queen is 'bearing up well' as she oversees final preparations | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip: Lady Louise Windsor, Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex read tributes | Daily Mail Online

Royal family praise Philip's 'unique touches' he planned himself for his funeral | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's beloved driving carriage that he designed himself to join his funeral at Windsor | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral: Police put 'ring of steel' around Windsor and Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Prince Philip's funeral: Boris Johnson will watch from Chequers but leaves wreath at Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

Queen's Grandson-in-Law Shares Photo of Daughter Mia with Prince Philip | PEOPLE.com

Why Prince Philip Will Be Carried to Funeral in Land Rover | PEOPLE.com
No english funeral tradition car what Duke of Edinburgh wants in his wishes for Land Rover when he died

Prince Philip's Lifetime Connection to the Military | PEOPLE.com

Queen Elizabeth Steps Out for First Time Since Prince Philip's Death | PEOPLE.com

Prince Philip Death: Prince Edward View Flowers at Funeral Site | PEOPLE.com

Prince Philip's beloved ponies to make poignant feature at his funeral | HELLO!

Mike Tindall shares unseen photo of Prince Philip and daughter Mia ? and it was taken by Kate Middleton | HELLO!

Prince Harry 'free' to meet the Queen after ending self-isolation | HELLO!

The Queen wears black sunglasses as she takes corgis for walk on eve of Prince Philip's funeral | HELLO!

Prince Philip funeral: Duke 'involved in every detail' of planning, says Archbishop of Canterbury | UK News | Sky News

Prince Philip funeral: all eyes on William and Harry and the Queen | Prince Philip | The Guardian

Queen news: Queen's favourite picture of Philip as she lays him to rest | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Philip funeral: Duke of Edinburgh?s military connection to be celebrated | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Sophie Wessex first royal to discuss Philip?s death as she has 'Queen?s blessing entirely' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Mia Tindall pictured alongside Prince Philip as Mike Tindall issues heartbreaking tribute | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

The Queen shares favourite photo with Prince Philip ahead of funeral | ITV News

Prince Philip's funeral will be 'toughest time' in Queen's life, says Archbishop | ITV News

Prince Philip?s love of carriage-driving to be a poignant feature at funeral | ITV News

Prince Philip: How Malta will remember the man who lived, fought and served there | ITV News

William and Harry park difficult talks for another time as Queen asks for unity - Mirror Online

Prince Philip's 'decades of affection' with best pal after devastating family death - Mirror Online

Queen releases treasured photo of Prince Philip hours before her final goodbye - Mirror Online

Mike Tindall shares sweet photo of 'devoted' Prince Philip with daughter and a beer - Mirror Online

Royals share pics of carriage and ponies with poignant role at Philip's funeral - Mirror Online

Queen shares candid photograph beaming in the sun with husband Prince Philip on Scottish hills day before duke's funeral

Mike Tindall shares sweet photo of Prince Philip with daughter Mia as he remembers duke as 'devoted family man'

Mournful Prince Edward, Sophie and Lady Louise Windsor view floral tributes to Philip outside Windsor

Prince Harry and William 'keen to spend time together as a family' after duke's return from America for Philip's funeral

Royal Family pay heartwarming tribute to Prince Philip as they reveal the ?unique touches? Duke planned for his funeral

Prince Philip defined by patriotism was shaken when his beloved grandson Harry rejected everything he held dear

Duke of Edinburgh's beloved ponies to play key role in funeral as Royals share Philip's love of carriage racing

Prince Philip funeral updates - Electric Land Rover will transport Duke of Edinburgh inside WOOL coffin tomorrow

Farewell to a dear husband ? The Queen shares her favourite photo of Prince Philip as she prepares to say goodbye ? Royal Central

The Prime Minister sends wreath ?on behalf of the nation? to Windsor ahead of Prince Philip?s funeral ? Royal Central

My favourite Prince Philip moment: the perfect consort charms his Queen once more ? Royal Central

The Archbishop of Canterbury urges the UK to think of The Queen as she faces ?an anguished moment? ? Royal Central

PrincessOfPeace

Thus it hath pleased Almighty God to take out of this transitory life unto his divine mercy the late most Illustrious and most Exalted Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order upon whom had been conferred the Royal Victorian Chain, Grand Master and Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom, One of Her Majestys Most Honourable Privy Council, Admiral of the Fleet, Field Marshal in the Army and Marshal of the Royal Air Force, Husband of Her Most Excellent Majesty Elizabeth the Second by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, Sovereign of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, whom may God preserve and bless with long life, health and honour and all worldly happiness.

Prince Philip's funeral: The order of service - in full | ITV News

wannable

In the top right hand, procession, first row: Prince Charles, Princess Anne, second row: Prince Andrew Prince Edward, third row: Prince William, Peter Philips, Prince Harry, fourth row: Earl Snowden, Sir Tim Lawrence.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on April 16, 2021, 08:23:23 PM
Victoria Arbiter
@victoriaarbiter

In recent weeks a number of US news and chat show hosts have claimed Americans don't care about the Royal Family. Tomorrow all 3 major networks and all 3 major cable news channels will be carrying live coverage of Prince Philip's funeral which rather suggests otherwise.

All free to air channels in Australia are doing the same. That may well be partly due to the fantastic figures Channel 10 received for the Oprah interview, however as the Queen is still HOS it is also to be expected. However it is to be shown after ten thirty at night after the footy, on the most popular channels, (footy is incredibly popular here)  and so many might not be staying up for three hours worth of padding about Philip?s life as well as the funeral.

My household will be watching the funeral but not the accompanying stuff. Did a quick call around family and friends last night just to see who will be watching. As I expected a lot of over 50 year olds ?might? watch, millennials not interested. Gen X are ?might do?s?.

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that Prince Philip will have a Philipp at the service: Princess Margarita's grandson, Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenberg.

TLLK

Former royal chef Darren McGrady with one of the Duke's favorite recipes which he first sampled on a trip to Iceland. He requested the recipe and happily shared it with the kitchen staff so they could prepare it. Basically it's a crepe with jam and cream.

Former Royal Chef's Culinary Tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - YouTube

Curryong

Macrobug67

Homemade raspberry jam.   Creme fraiche. Maple syrup.

:happyface:

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on April 16, 2021, 11:52:11 PM
Homemade raspberry jam.   Creme fraiche. Maple syrup.

:happyface:

Stop it, stop it! Must go and make myself a large pancake with jam NOW!

Macrobug67

Need some maple syrup?  I have 657 litres freshly made and bottled.   It will only take a few hours to get to you from Canada to Aussie

:teehee:

Macrobug67

Quote from: Curryong on April 16, 2021, 10:48:13 PM
All free to air channels in Australia are doing the same. That may well be partly due to the fantastic figures Channel 10 received for the Oprah interview, however as the Queen is still HOS it is also to be expected. However it is to be shown after ten thirty at night after the footy, on the most popular channels, (footy is incredibly popular here)  and so many might not be staying up for three hours worth of padding about Philip?s life as well as the funeral.

My household will be watching the funeral but not the accompanying stuff. Did a quick call around family and friends last night just to see who will be watching. As I expected a lot of over 50 year olds ?might? watch, millennials not interested. Gen X are ?might do?s?.

Its on at 8 am here in Ontario.  I might not make it for the first hour or so ( it's Sat and I do not get up before 9 on Sat) But I will watch the highlights.  CBC and CTV will have it on all day over and over.

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on April 16, 2021, 11:56:49 PM
Need some maple syrup?  I have 657 litres freshly made and bottled.   It will only take a few hours to get to you from Canada to Aussie

Thank very much! I brought Canadian maple syrup back the last time I went to North America. Delicious! We import a lot of it here as well.

Macrobug67

Some how, I think that PP would find it hilarious that a thread about his death has turned into crepes and maple syrup

Looking at the illustration of the funeral ( thanks @wannable!  Great find) I admit I'm a bit put out about the courtage being all male other than Anne.  Why don't the granddaughters count??

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug67 on April 16, 2021, 11:56:49 PM

RELEASE the CANADA GEESE! Shipment of genuine maple syrup needs to be sent South ASAP to @Curryong in Victoria. :yesss:

On the return flight the geese can bring back...@Curryong gets to decide which Australian treat will be heading back to @Macrobug67 in  Ontario.  :happy20:  :bday10:

Macrobug67

Considering Canadian geese are homicidal insane Cobra Chickens, Curryong may not want any thing to do with them.  Just drop off the syrup and let them do their own thing.  Like bully a croc or two.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on April 17, 2021, 12:39:24 AM
RELEASE the CANADA GEESE! Shipment of genuine maple syrup needs to be sent South ASAP to @Curryong in Victoria. :yesss:

On the return flight the geese can bring back...@Curryong gets to decide which Australian treat will be heading back to @Macrobug67 in  Ontario.  :happy20:  :bday10:

Well it wouldn?t be Vegemite, the black and salty sandwich spread that Australians believe is THE symbol of Australia. Everybody not actually born here ?gets? Vegemite.

Perhaps Tim Tam choc biscuits. An Aussie favourite.

Tim Tam Chocolate Covered Biscuits, How Do You Eat Them? - YouTube

Or maybe a delicious Aussie dessert like pav, covered with our fruit.

How to Make Easy Australian Pavlova - YouTube

TLLK

Thank God No Vegemite! Tim Tam Choc Biscuits it is!! With the homicidal geese, it might be better to use the  :bday10:

I believe that the Duke would really appreciate this exchange of culinary gifts between Commonwealth nations.  :high5: :friends:

Finally, that photo released by Mike Tindall today featuring Mia with her great-grandfather was so sweet.

Macrobug67

It was.  I have been enjoying all the photos that have been released. Shows another side of PP

@Curryong Ive tried vegemite ( my SIL is British and loves it).  Yuck.   We get Tim Tams here in Canada and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them

Curryong

LF posted the photo below in another forum discussing Philip and his sisters. I?m sure LF wouldn?t mind me going to the same source and posting it here. I consider it interesting as it comes from a 1947 visit Philip made to Germany to meet up with his surviving sisters.
I believe it was on this visit that the sisters commented on how alike Philip was to their father, in manner, voice, laugh etc. Of course they hadn?t seen him since before the war when he was a schoolboy/naval cadet. I think it?s quite rare to see a photo of Philip and his much loved sisters at that time.

Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten posed with his sisters, from left,... News Photo - Getty Images

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on April 17, 2021, 12:44:43 AM
Considering Canadian geese are homicidal insane Cobra Chickens, Curryong may not want any thing to do with them.  Just drop off the syrup and let them do their own thing.  Like bully a croc or two.

A flock of Canadian geese might be just the thing to wake everybody up in the morning, including the neighbours!