Books, films and television programs about the Wales' Children

Started by Princess Cassandra, January 18, 2020, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2020, 12:14:50 AM
The cartoon Camilla is a bit much. IMO. Royals should not become animated characters.
Royal Family members have been portrayed in political cartoons since at least the 1700's, and many were satirical, critical, and undignified. This one is harmless and fun, and designed to attract the young. 

TLLK

And those political/satirical cartoons continue to this day. Honestly I  don't see them ending any time in the future. :)

wannable

Freedom of press rather than all the media ownership is the state; communism, dictatorship like what Corbyn wanted with the press.  The UK is not prepared to have extreme left as their way of political, social, cultural and economical life system.

sandy

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on January 18, 2020, 04:19:32 PM
Royal Family members have been portrayed in political cartoons since at least the 1700's, and many were satirical, critical, and undignified. This one is harmless and fun, and designed to attract the young. 

This is not a political cartoon nor Spitting Image parody. Camilla is a cartoon character.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on January 19, 2020, 12:55:25 AM
This is not a political cartoon nor Spitting Image parody. Camilla is a cartoon character.
I'm sorry you think that, but of course you are welcome to your opinion, and even more importantly, you are welcome to express it.

sandy

As a rule, I don't like real people being portrayed in cartoons. Something offputting to me.

TLLK

Yes, HBO Max?s Prince George Series Will Tackle ?Megxit? | Vanity Fair
QuotePrince George may not be seven years old yet, but he?s already getting his (satirical) television close-up. Earlier this week, HBO Max announced that Family Guy producer Gary Janetti will adapt his popular, George-centric memes into an animated series called The Prince, which will premiere sometime after the streaming service launches this May.

Speaking to Vanity Fair Wednesday, Janetti said that The Prince will flesh out the ?fabulous? fictional voice Janetti has given the royal?imagining the somewhat ridiculous day-to-day circumstances of an heir to the British throne navigating the social media and celebrity-obsessed 21st century.

?The first episode will probably be just, like, a day in the life of George?a typical George day,? said Janetti, who is about to start writing the series and will voice George himself. ?We see George has his own butler, Owen, who is voiced by Alan Cumming. We will see how Buckingham Palace is just George?s little pied-?-terre in London. We?ll see George at school. We?ll see George interacting with his family and his siblings??including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, who will all be supporting characters.

Janetti said The Prince will not veer too often into real-life royal events?in part because of the production delay required to make an animated series. That said, Janetti?s George?whom he has described as King Lear, but six years old?is obsessed with the power being dangled in front of him, his press clippings, and his P.R. ranking within the royal family. As such, Janetti sees Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s recent, controversial decision to split from the monarchy as particularly juicy subject matter for The Prince to tackle.

TLLK

Well the entire BRF will be made into cartoons in an upcoming series from Family Guy producer Gary Jenetti.

A new animated series to be made about Prince George and the Windsors

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on January 24, 2020, 04:39:24 PM
Well the entire BRF will be made into cartoons in an upcoming series from Family Guy producer Gary Jenetti.

A new animated series to be made about Prince George and the Windsors
well I can't think of many but Im sure tehre are lots of films about real people where they are portrayed as cartoons.  Isn't that Anastaisa film an aminated one?  And seems like there is this one about George...

sandy

I just don't like it. I remember there was this commercial with "cartoon" people that got complained about.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 24, 2020, 04:50:01 PM
I just don't like it. I remember there was this commercial with "cartoon" people that got complained about.
Ther'es one of George now.. I suppose it will appeal to kids...

sandy

I thought royals did not want to go commercial with Cartoon People?

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 24, 2020, 04:54:20 PM
How are they going commercial?? 

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on January 24, 2020, 04:54:20 PM
The Windsor family are not participating in in the production. They will not profit from Gary Janetti's project. They are merely the subject matter. :shrug:

Double post auto-merged: January 24, 2020, 05:30:58 PM

Quote from: QueenAlex on January 24, 2020, 04:51:30 PM
Ther'es one of George now.. I suppose it will appeal to kids...
Actually since it will be satirical, its target audience will be adults.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on January 24, 2020, 05:29:22 PM
The Windsor family are not participating in in the production. They will not profit from Gary Janetti's project. They are merely the subject matter. :shrug:

Double post auto-merged: January 24, 2020, 05:30:58 PM

Actually since it will be satirical, its target audience will be adults.
oh Right. I hate those cartoon series, like the Simpsons and Family  Guy and so on.

sandy

Simpsons and Family Guy are different matters.

I wonder if Charlotte will get her chance in this endeavor.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 24, 2020, 09:08:18 PM
Simpsons and Family Guy are different matters.

I wonder if Charlotte will get her chance in this endeavor.
It seems the series is based on George, rather than Charlotte. And I daresay it will be similar to thes other adult comedy cartoon series like family Guy and the Simpsons and the like...

sandy

I wonder why, I think the girl should have a part in it too. It seems sexist if it is based on George only. Just a thought.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 24, 2020, 09:12:41 PM
I wonder why, I think the girl should have a part in it too. It seems sexist if it is based on George only. Just a thought.
It says that the other royals will be supporting cast, but its based around George who is the oldest....

TLLK

@sandy-Perhaps you should consider emailing Me. Janetti's office and the producers of the show to share your concerns.

Princess Cassandra

This just doesn't seem right. He is a small boy and should be able to fly under the radar for several more years. Representing him, even fictionally, is not right in my opinion.

QueenAlex

I'd imagine its about George because he's the eldest and the heir.. and he's now a bit older...

TLLK

@Princess Cassandra -I can imagine that his parents are not thrilled with the cartoon series either. I'm guessing that they'll keep an eye on it and make known their concerns if they see or hear anything they believe is inappropriate.

sandy

Quote from: QueenAlex on January 24, 2020, 09:15:15 PM
It says that the other royals will be supporting cast, but its based around George who is the oldest....

Princesses are intriguing. If there were a Princess in the series it would be popular. Princesses Anna And Elsa are two of the most iconic cartoon princesses on the planet.

sandy

I hope Kate and William step in and not have the child made some sort of a cartoon character. He is in school now with other children and he should be left in peace.