Andrew & Epstein

Started by DaFluffs, December 01, 2019, 05:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenAlex

Quote from: Nightowl on March 10, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
Even if he is not charged with any crime at the moment, then Andrew should NOT have volunteered to cooperate with the law to begin with.  This makes him look like the very *Hypocrite* he is!  Someone who only thinks of his needs and not anyone else for they do not matter to him as he has shown.  Poor excuse of a man and father!
No but I don't think he is going to be charged with a crime.  If they had anything, they would have said it by now... but he had offered to cooperate with trying to help give them information about Epstein and what he had seen of his lifestyle. I think that he was pushed into that  by his advisers, who alos told him to make some statement of sympathy for the victims. But they probably hoped it would not come to anyting?

TLLK

Court Circular 9th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were represented by Lieutenant Colonel Sir Andrew Ford (Extra Equerry to The Queen and formerly Comptroller of the Lord Chamberlain?s Office) at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Lieutenant Colonel Sir Malcolm Ross (Extra Equerry to The Queen and formerly Her Majesty?s Lord-Lieutenant of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright and Comptroller of the Lord Chamberlain?s Office) which was held in St George?s Chapel, Windsor Castle, this morning.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were represented by the Earl of Rosslyn.

The Duke of York was present.

The Princess Royal was represented by the Hon Dame Sh?n Legge-Bourke.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were present.

The Duke and Duchess of Kent were represented by Brigadier Harry Nickerson.

Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy was represented by Mrs Diane Duke.

Curryong

The Queen's latest misstep with regard to Andrew. A CNN piece.

The Queen is making her most serious misstep here (opinion) - CNN

Double post auto-merged: March 12, 2020, 02:21:30 AM

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 09, 2020, 09:19:48 PM
he has not been charged with a crime...

No he hasn't yet been charged with a crime. Neither have Meghan or Harry. In fact with them it's plain they've never done anything criminal. However the way they have been treated here by posters on forums like these one would think they had indeed done something horrendous.

The difference between the way Andrew has been written about here by most posters and the way the Sussexes are viewed has been glaring.

Perhaps the answer to being Teflon coated where others are concerned is be a corrupt sleaze and hang about with child molesterers, when questioned about it on TV lie your socks off and then later hire high priced lawyers to avoid any US extradition, and you'll do fine. Damage and embarrass the monarchy and you keep your HRH and your mother the Queen will step up for you. And in Royal forms? A few posts saying half heartedly that Andrew has 'probably' done wrong but has committed no crime.

On the other hand, Re the Sussexes ---decide  you want to leave the RF and live in another country after tabloid persecution in which not one other senior Royal helped you in any way, and when you wish to leave royal duties and make your own money, see your grandmother the Queen place many barriers and restrictions in your way, and in the eyes of many posters in Royal forums it's as if the heavens have opened, you've asked for the earth and you are greedy, manipulative, deceitful, nasty to the monarch, and everything else damning that can be thought of.

Unbelievable, really.

sandy

I think Andrew is wasting his time. His mother will protect him in any case whether or not he did anything.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on March 13, 2020, 05:51:02 PM
I think Andrew is wasting his time. His mother will protect him in any case whether or not he did anything.
Right, this scandal is not going away and will always be a subscript to his name. History has a habit of labeling people.

Nightowl

The more I read about Prince Andrew and his friendship with Jeffery Epstein makes me wonder if Andrew knows more then he might realize and could be a bit weary of ending up like his friend in prison. After years and time and women together Andrew is a sitting duck for the very people that he associated with during that time period. I would be very weary also for with that woman Gishaline Maxwell in hiding all this time shows maybe it is not the FBI that is wanting to talk to her but the very same people that she and Andrew knew are wanting to make sure things are swept under the rug and nobody talks about that lifestyle and what was done to those young girls. 

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 21, 2020, 01:24:38 AM
Right, this scandal is not going away and will always be a subscript to his name. History has a habit of labeling people.

I have a feeling that his elder brother and nephew will definitely remember this time and will hopefully ensure that Prince Andrew is "retired."

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on April 05, 2020, 04:08:16 AM
Prince Andrew will reportedly not be interviewed in Epstein documentary | Prince Andrew | The Guardian
He is so hoping to distance himself, but then again who can blame him for refusing. There may still be legal ramifications, and his attorneys would have told him not to. Also, he knows that what he says in interviews doesn't go over well.

PrincessOfPeace

Amanda Thirsk, the Duke of Yorks former private secretary, has resigned as CEO of his flagship business venture, Pitch@Palace (which is to be rebranded as Pitch Connect), two months after reaching a legal settlement to leave Buckingham Palace

- Sky News

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 07, 2020, 03:28:41 PM
Amanda Thirsk, the Duke of Yorks former private secretary, has resigned as CEO of his flagship business venture, Pitch@Palace (which is to be rebranded as Pitch Connect), two months after reaching a legal settlement to leave Buckingham Palace

- Sky News
His bad news goes on and on, it seems. This certainly doesn't reflect well on him.

Curryong

Of course Andrew refuses to be interviewed. He's quite happy sheltering behind his mother's skirts and not going to the US for the foreseeable future. He's virtually got away with his grubby activities.

wannable

Strictly professional business/lawyer, I'd have recommended the same, don't go.  Epstein was killed, what guarantees does Andrew have to come back to the UK alive and well?

QueenAlex

Quote from: wannable on May 03, 2020, 02:06:43 PM
Strictly professional business/lawyer, I'd have recommended the same, don't go.  Epstein was killed, what guarantees does Andrew have to come back to the UK alive and well?
Epstein committed suicide.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on May 03, 2020, 04:13:14 AM
Prince Andrew ignores three formal requests to be interviewed | Daily Mail Online
I'm sure he was advised by his legal representatives not to go, but it sure makes him look worse. One thing for sure; the COVID crisis has pushed this scandal into the background for now.

PrincessOfPeace

Originally in The Sunday Times. Roya Nikkhah reports Prince Andrew is done as a working royal.

Royal family decides there is no way back for Prince Andrew | Daily Mail Online

wannable

Not surprising, Andrew alone was planning his comeback by hiring a PR person.

The Sunday Times also claims the Queen will pay the remaining debt of the Swiss Chalet, she settled the matter for the York's.  She doesn't want to see her son being dragged in a court case for the GBP 6.5 Million.

PrincessOfPeace

A spokesman for Andrew denied the Queen's involvement in the chalet debt last night, saying: The Queen will not be stepping in to settle the debt.

- Daily Mail

wannable

The latest, thanks  :thumbsup:

But I have the feeling she will end up settling.  The BRF settle all their members.  The sovereign in family matters has settled debts in the past.

Princess Cassandra

Obviously this all makes sense - I, for one, don't expect to seem him doing royal work in future. Even before the scandal he was not well liked or respected. However, can we assume this is true, or is it typical media hype.

sara8150

Who Killed Jeffrey Epstein? | Watch Full Episodes & More! - Investigation Discovery
Include Duke of York

And also Netflix Jeffrey Epstein called ?Jeffrey Epstein:Filthy Rich? if you?re subscribe of Netflix
Check out ?Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich? on Netflix
Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich | Netflix Official Site