The Principality of Lichtenstein-News, Current Events, Birthdays etc...

Started by LouisFerdinand, August 08, 2016, 12:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 23, 2021, 06:29:25 PM
The funeral for Princess Marie will take place on Saturday, August 28 at St. Florian's cathedral in Vaduz. 

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1429848895748808705?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

In Pre -Covid times I'd expect a good size contingent of royals, but now I'm not sure.

Yes, another funeral, like Prince Philip?s, where there would almost certainly have been a full complement of mourners from other royal families with cultural and family links to the ruling family and to the deceased.

Princess Marie?s children, their spouses and grandchildren will be present of course, as well as representatives from her birth family. Perhaps a couple of very close friends. That, sadly, might make up the full contingent allowed at this time.

Curryong

TLLK

Update on the funeral arrangements. The Princesses coffin will be transferred to the cathedral on Thursday evening to lie in state so mourners can come. A condolence book will also be available.

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1430126720917639169?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

QuoteIt seems fortunate that despite a number of senior royals having contracted covid in the past year, we didn't lose any to it (at least of any of the major families not sure about minor former royal families).

Yes @TudorQueen -I agree that it is very fortunate especially since there's a good number of reigning or abdicated monarchs who are eighty years of age or older who could have been quite susceptible in those first months of the pandemic and prior to the vaccines.

QuoteYes, another funeral, like Prince Philip?s, where there would almost certainly have been a full complement of mourners from other royal families with cultural and family links to the ruling family and to the deceased.

Princess Marie?s children, their spouses and grandchildren will be present of course, as well as representatives from her birth family. Perhaps a couple of very close friends. That, sadly, might make up the full contingent allowed at this time.

@Curryong-For foreign royals, in pre-Covid times,  I'd have expected those with a marital relationship with the Lichtenstein family ie  Luxembourg. Then perhaps those with ties to the former Imperial Hapsburg family along with German representatives. Then I'd add any who was invited to a major Lichetenstein event ie those present at Alois and Sophie's wedding.

LouisFerdinand

Does anyone know the details why Prince Alois became the regent in 2004?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on August 24, 2021, 10:49:31 PM
Does anyone know the details why Prince Alois became the regent in 2004?

This short article discusses regency and accession procedure in Liechtenstein. Very different with regard to a regency to what the name evokes in Britain.

Luxarazzi 101: Regency and Accession in Liechtenstein

TudorQueen

Quote from: TLLK on August 24, 2021, 04:10:06 PM
Update on the funeral arrangements. The Princesses coffin will be transferred to the cathedral on Thursday evening to lie in state so mourners can come. A condolence book will also be available.

https://twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/1430126720917639169?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Yes @TudorQueen -I agree that it is very fortunate especially since there's a good number of reigning or abdicated monarchs who are eighty years of age or older who could have been quite susceptible in those first months of the pandemic and prior to the vaccines.

@Curryong-For foreign royals, in pre-Covid times,  I'd have expected those with a marital relationship with the Lichtenstein family ie  Luxembourg. Then perhaps those with ties to the former Imperial Hapsburg family along with German representatives. Then I'd add any who was invited to a major Lichetenstein event ie those present at Alois and Sophie's wedding.

Yes they are not the most well connected royal house by blood.

Margaretha of Luxembourg is married to Marie's brother in law Nicholas. I could see Henri simply having his sister officially represent him.

I suspect we may see Astrid and Lorenz if safe. They are close to the Liechtenstein royal family. Two of Hans Adam's siblings were chosen as godparents to their kids (Pincess Nora is for Laetitia Maria and Prince Nikolas is for Prince Joachim).  They were also one of the few royal couples outside the German and Luxembourg royal houses at the wedding of Alois and Sophie (Felipe of Spain and Rainier attended as well).

Sofia attended Marie and Hans Adam's wedding. And Felipe was at Alois and Sophie's. Normally I would say Spain would likely send someone even if not the king or queen but not sure with covid they will.

Rainier attended events in the past in Liechtenstein but I don't know if Albert has any connection. And with Charlene's illness I am not sure he would come for it. I guess he could send one of his sisters. As a Princess of Hannover, Carolin would likely not be the only German title there.

The Hapsburgs might send a representative or two. Not sure any are personally close to the couple. Hans Adam's grandmother is the closest direct link.

TLLK

Some photos of the Lichtenstein Princely Family from yesterday when Princess Marie's coffin was transported to St. Florian's. Also it's been confirmed that Queen Sofia of Spain will attend the funeral. Reportedly years ago, Princess Tatjana of Lichtenstein was proposed as a potential bride for Felipe so it appears to me that Sofia and Marie were friends for many years. Sofia also attended the wedding of Hans Adam and Marie in 1967.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTFJC5kLp0Q/?utm_medium=copy_link

TudorQueen

And Felipe attended the wedding of Alois and Sophie. So it seems the relationship between families has continued.

I do believe the rumors of any relationship between Tatjana and Felipe were shot down by Tatjana herself. Though heaven knows perhaps the mothers had hoped for something their kids had no intention of.

Its nice that Sofia will be able to attend the funeral of her friend. Its not easy with everything going on.

Curryong

Are numbers going to be restricted by Covid measures, or not? If they are I?d imagine that only family and very close friends will be present. If there is going to be a reasonable crowd then I guess some representatives from Belgium will be there, and Luxembourg as well, maybe even a Habsburg or two.

TudorQueen

Quote from: Curryong on August 28, 2021, 02:38:30 AM
Are numbers going to be restricted by Covid measures, or not? If they are I?d imagine that only family and very close friends will be present. If there is going to be a reasonable crowd then I guess some representatives from Belgium will be there, and Luxembourg as well, maybe even a Habsburg or two.

From what I have read restrictions in Liechtenstein are pretty minimal on events.

But there is still the restrictions of the countries the people are coming from. And their own concerns that may be a consideration as well.

I still lean towards Astrid and Lorenz coming from Belgium as they seem to have the closest relationship.

I don't know if Henri will bother sending anyone. His sister Margareta who is married into the Liechtenstein royal family, can represent him.

Curryong

Spotted at the funeral service, in a black mantilla, was Queen Sofia of Spain. Caroline of Hanover (Monaco) was also present, and Prince Guillame of Luxembourg, I believe. I watched some of the service, which was beautiful. I have read elsewhere that a large contingent of Habsburgs were at the service but I?m not really familiar with the family. Absolutely beautiful floral tributes from Prss Marie?s family, including one from each of her grandchildren.

TudorQueen

I thought Caroline might be sent for Monaco. Rainier attended some events for the couple. Since she is also a princess of Hanover it makes sense.

Some photos of the beautiful service.

Liechtenstein bids farewell to Princess Marie in poignant funeral service ? Royal Central

It is touching that her grandchildren did the prayers/reading for the funeral  :flower3:

Monaco, Spain and Luxembourg were represented. I am surprised there were no Belgians as they are the only major catholic royal house not there.I thought Astrid and Lorenz would go as they as are close to the family. Perhaps they had something they could not get out of.

There seem to be some German and Hapsburgs there but I can't identify any and I haven't found any blogs that have.

Curryong

Elsewhere (at TRF)I found this. In the fourth row (right) from left:
Duke Franz of Bavaria and Duchess Elizabeth and Duke Max Emanuel in Bavaria, the parents of Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein.

TLLK

Thank you @Curryong and @TudorQueen for the updates. It appeared to be a lovely service for the late Princess Marie.

TudorQueen

Happier occasion for the family today. Today was the celebration of the wedding of Princess Maria Anunciata. :flower3:

Maria Anunciata is the daughter of Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein (the younger brother of Hans Adam II) and Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg (the younger sister of GD Henri). She is the 2nd of 4 children and eldest of two daughters.

The 36 year old celebrated her civil wedding back in June. 

Princess Maria Anunciata of Liechtenstein married business tycoon Emanuele Mussini over the weekend | Daily Mail Online

Their religious wedding was held today in Vienna.

Madameei - Madameei added a new photo ? at Vienna - Austria.
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B0a17223b/22152012_gecAO.png
https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Bc917a2f8/22151979_P2yDP.jpeg
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B35185c39/22151976_QA8V9.jpeg
https://c6.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B201875dd/22151977_Ndz21.jpeg
https://c10.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B6e18eea3/22151980_p57L0.jpeg

They were married in Schottenkirche
Schottenkirche - Wikipedia,_Vienna

The bride is an curator. Her husband Emanuele Musini is co-founder and chairman of Boston based home health service firm Pilo.

The bride wore the Liechtenstein fringe tiara for her wedding.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/11/the-habsburg-fringe-tiara.html

Pierre and Beatrice Cassiraghi and some of the Lux royals have been spotted. Not sure yet on any other guests.

TLLK

She is a beautiful bride. The church is glorious. Hoping that there will be more photos released soon.

TLLK

Princes Maria Annunciata's dress features a wide skirt and puffy sleeves which remind me of her cousin Princess Astrid's dress. It's a good thing that the cathedral doors were wide enough.  :wink:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Wedding Anniversary of the Week: September 24

Curryong

I?m afraid I don?t care for this dress at all. I loathe lace as a material for wedding dresses anyway, it?s a material that?s been done to death in the last twenty years or so, and as for those sleeves, words fail me! They?re not so much leg o? mutton, a la 1890s, which were more rounded at the top then gathered anyway, as two large upturned bowls!

Princess MA?s headdress isn?t bad though not breathtaking in any way, but really, I?m sorry but the whole ensemble would win 1st prize in any ?Ugliest Wedding Gown? competition, royal or not, IMO.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

It's been a busy month for Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margarethe with another daughter Princess Marie Astrid married in the Church this weekend. The civil wedding was held earlier in the year.

Bright & Beautiful: Astrid of Liechtenstein & Rafe Worthington

TudorQueen

More photos to be found here

Wedding of Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein | The Royal Watcher

Unlike her sister who wore the fringe tiara, Marie Astrid wore the Kinsky honeysuckle tiara for her wedding.

The Kinsky Honeysuckle Tiara

Also in contrast to her sister who was married in Vienna, they married in the cathedrlon Orbetello, Italy.

Unit? Pastorale di Orbetello - Concattedrale S. Maria Assunta

Guests included the Lux and Liechtenstein royal families of course but also Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess Sophie of Austria, Princess of Windisch-Graetz, and Countess Anna Theresa von und zu Arco-Zinneberg.

The groom is a partner in the Agawam Hospitality Group.

Team ? Agawam Hospitality Group