The State Opening of Parliament (Queens Speech) 2021-Present

Started by PrincessOfPeace, May 11, 2021, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 10, 2022, 09:35:18 PM
I feel so bad for them all. She would surely have fulfilled this important function if she was able. Obviously they are deeply affected by the enormity of it as well as what lies ahead. It would be surprising if they were not scared and sad.   

I?m agreed with that

Curryong

Charles?s Queen?s speech surpassed in dullness by Starmer-Johnson show | John Crace | The Guardian

Pick of the Day from the Guardian?s comments section

?Today a priceless crown with a 317-carat diamond and 400 other jewels was driven in a custom-made Rolls Royce to a huge palace, where it was placed next to a gold chair in which sat one of the world's richest men, who told 2 million hungry Britons there's not enough money to help feed them.?

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales and The Duke of Cambridge, acting in their capacity as Counsellors of State for The Queen, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, travelled to the Palace of Westminster this morning to open the Session of Parliament and were received at the Sovereign?s Entrance by the Marquess of Cholmondeley (Lord Great Chamberlain) and the Duke of Norfolk (Earl Marshal).

- Court Circular || 10 May 2022

TLLK

Blue Clover

Quote from: sara8150 on May 10, 2022, 11:43:28 PM
SARAH VINE: Packing up my home, our absent Queen and why life will never be the same again | Daily Mail Online

Sarah Vines gets it right,

"She has been our compass, our guide, our one true anchor. I am sure, in time, we will get used to her absences.

But life will never be the same."

I don't think the Queen will ever abdicate the throne. I think she will honor her royal duty by remaining in her position until her last breath, her last display of commitment to England.

sara8150

Quote from: Blue Clover on May 11, 2022, 03:46:51 PM
Sarah Vines gets it right,

"She has been our compass, our guide, our one true anchor. I am sure, in time, we will get used to her absences.

But life will never be the same."

I don't think the Queen will ever abdicate the throne. I think she will honor her royal duty by remaining in her position until her last breath, her last display of commitment to England.

I?m agreed with that but HM Queen Elizabeth II still in charge till she died but when her uncle the former king Edward VIII abdicated in 1936 when young Queen Elizabeth II was ten years old and HM Queen Elizabeth II vowed wouldn?t abdicated like her uncle the former king Edward VIII im learned from parliament HM Queen Elizabeth II bowed out for traditional state opening of parliament speech due her health and mobility issues the Queen Elizabeth II sent her elder son the Prince Charles and grandson the Duke of Cambridge in her behalf