The Queen's Jubilees All Years Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 23, 2022, 03:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Why should the emphasis have been on Prince Henry? This is his grandmother's jubilee. After all, he is not King Henry IX of England.

Nightowl

Isn't it time to put the Sussex's to bed and let them have all the privacy they want? After all they don't care about anything but Money....certainly not doing the job that the royal family does.'

I sure hope HM is resting with her feet up and hot tea besides her reading the papers on horse races or watching some TV mystery. I love the British TV mysteries..PBS  is so good for that.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on June 10, 2022, 02:34:45 AM
Isn't it time to put the Sussex's to bed and let them have all the privacy they want?
Harry and Meghan never stated they wanted privacy, though the tabloid keep repeating it as if they did.
The Sussexes will never get privacy so long as the public continues to read about them. As Richard Palmer stated on one of those TV and YouTube programmes about the royals that appear every day ?They are click-worthy. People want to read and see them.? As for ?only caring about money? that?s all the media outlets and British tabloids are interested in.

The tabloids alone  have all made literally millions since the Sussexes left, discussing them and attacking them. There?s little fear of these mongrel outlets doing anything but continuing on what they?re doing for years, it keeps hundreds of ?royal experts?, royal authors, journalists and ?talking heads? flapping their gums and tapping away at their keyboards and getting paid for it. Something more to chat about, Lili?s first photo, which appeared within an hour on the Daily Fail online, the rag that loathes Harry and Meghan so much.

The Queen watches the BBC a lot.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 09, 2022, 10:19:56 PM
Why should the emphasis have been on Prince Henry? This is his grandmother's jubilee. After all, he is not King Henry IX of England.

Who?s saying the emphasis had to be on Prince Harry? The tabloids have reported Angela Levin (who hasn?t had a good word to say about Harry and Meghan since their engagement) says, without a scrap of credible evidence, just her own opinion, that Harry was ?furious at being ignored? at the St Paul?s service. Harry hasn?t said anything, but at least three tabloids have been happy to repeat this self appointed ?royal expert?s? opinion on what Harry and Meghan are speaking and thinking about every few days on numerous YouTube shows and getting handsomely paid for it as well, I might add.

PrincessOfPeace

The British Embassy in Bucharest hosted the Sovereign's Day and celebrated the Platinum Jubilee of Her Britannic Majesty * HRH Princess Sophie represented the Custodian of the Crown:

Jubileul de Platin? al Reginei Elisabeta a II-a, s?rb?torit la Bucure?ti | Familia Regal? a Rom?niei / Royal Family of Romania

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 09, 2022, 10:19:56 PM

IMO the emphasis for the Jubilee was clearly on the Queen and to a minor extent her three heirs that are closest to the top in the line of succession especially since QEII was not present for a number of prominent events.  Now as for tabloid coverage, well the Sussexes do draw in income for their advertisers so they'll continue putting out articles about them.  :shrug:

LouisFerdinand

Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain was born in her grandmother Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee year of 1887. Would it have been nice if a great-grandchild had been born ibnQueen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee year?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 10, 2022, 10:22:10 PM
Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain was born in her grandmother Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee year of 1887. Would it have been nice if a great-grandchild had been born ibnQueen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee year?

Well, you?d better ask the adult grandchildren about that one. I?d say Zara and Mike at least are done and dusted as far as more babies are concerned. So are the Cambridges and Sussexes. Peter Phillips may have more if he marries again but not this year, and Beatrice and Eugenie?s offspring are still very young. I expect them to have at least one more each but the days of women having baby after baby year after year are long gone, even in royal families.

Curryong

Don?t know whether this is the correct thread for this article but it refers to a question that was asked of Australia?s Governor General and his wife when attending the Jubilee celebrations in London.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...8aa68abfb2dd50

After attending a Service of Thanksgiving, General Hurley was asked by waiting reporters about the possibility of Australia becoming a republic.
His said a ?new discussion? would be had once the Queen's reign ended.
General Hurley also said the Queen had lots of ?emotional support? from Australians but that could change when a new monarch ruled.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on June 10, 2022, 11:42:17 PM
Well, you?d better ask the adult grandchildren about that one. I?d say Zara and Mike at least are done and dusted as far as more babies are concerned. So are the Cambridges and Sussexes. Peter Phillips may have more if he marries again but not this year, and Beatrice and Eugenie?s offspring are still very young. I expect them to have at least one more each but the days of women having baby after baby year after year are long gone, even in royal families.

Peter still dating Lindsay but Peter not yet get remarried without his grandmother the Queen Elizabeth II permission

wannable

We estimate that more than 2 million domestic & international visitors came to London for the Jubilee weekend, delivering a GBP100m royal spending boost. This was a weekend that will be talked about for decades to come.
Source: @hellomag

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 04, 2022, 12:57:08 AM
We estimate that more than 2 million domestic & international visitors came to London for the Jubilee weekend, delivering a GBP100m royal spending boost. This was a weekend that will be talked about for decades to come.

Good. And no doubt similar benefits will occur during the next Coronation. However Britain (and in fact its mostly England) doesn?t celebrate an historic Jubilee or Coronation more than once or twice in an average person?s lifetime. What happens to the economy the rest of the time? Nothing really to do with the royal family.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on July 04, 2022, 12:57:08 AM

Wow! That is an impressive boost to the economy.

wannable

^ It's official from Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London (I didn't put the newspaper cut image, it's too long, too small, zooming it made it too big  :happy15: )

TLLK

I remember that pink hat from her Silver Jubilee very well.

sara8150

Awkward moment Meghan tried to get better Jubilee seat but Queen said no, claims author - Mirror Online
Per HM Queen Elizabeth II seat rowing because Harry is no longer member of HRH and he will remain seat with cousin permanent

wannable

Yes this account of events was floating about. Lady C said from driver to military personnel confirmed the above Tom Bower story, not in the book but as mentioned in the podcast by him.

I think I said a few days after this account of that service.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 30, 2022, 02:36:56 AM
Yes this account of events was floating about. Lady C said from driver to military personnel confirmed the above Tom Bower story, not in the book but as mentioned in the podcast by him.

I think I said a few days after this account of that service.

Well of course those truthsayers Lady C and Tom Bower (who have made money from spouting lies about various royals) would have to get their stories straight together!

Curryong

? What Nonsense!? Says Marlene Koenig of Royal Musings blog about Bowers claim ref the Sussexes Jubliee seating. Marlene was a regular contributer on TRF at one stage and the Alexander Palace historical forum. She knows several Continental and British royals personally. I?d trust her judgement above ?Lady? CC?s and Bower any day of the week.

Meghan and Harry: Tom Bower's claim couple wanted better seats at Queen's Jubilee debunked | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

wannable

I like her but she is a amateur royal fan historian. I cannot compare her to real giants with top access

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on July 30, 2022, 11:41:55 AM
I like her but she is a amateur royal fan historian. I cannot compare her to real giants with top access

Based upon her blog posts it's clear that Marlene K. has personal ties and  "top access" to some of the non-reigning houses ie: Romania and the Hapsburgs. It must be acknowledged that  she's an amateur  royal historian as well who clearly enjoys her topic of interest and has a following.   However I don't believe that she is in the same league as the  UK Royal Rota when it comes to accessing current information on the BRF or other reigning royals. She does enjoy providing background and historical information in her posts when it comes to the various reigning houses.

As for the story on the Sussexes' transportation and seating arrangements for the Jubilee service, I am of the opinion that they were always meant to have their own vehicle for any of the weekend events that they chose to attend in order to fulfill the couple's security needs as per the Home Office arrangement to protect them while attending official royal events.  Now as to the assigned seating arrangements, yes I do believe that they were always to be placed next to Lady Sarah (Harry's Godmother) and in the rows behind the full time royals. We saw the rest of the Queen's adult grandchildren and extended family in similar seating arrangements.  However I must admit that this was definitely a surprise to the couple who likely assumed they'd be nearer to the PoW and Cambridges as they were at the Commonwealth Day service in 2020.

sara8150

Meghan Markle and Harry's last-minute move to change Jubilee seating blocked by Queen | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Per HM Queen Elizabeth II makes decisions to seat arrangement on her big day not Harry?s because senior royal family seat front included Cambridges,Prince Charles,Duchess of Cornwall,Wessexes and Princess Anne but Sussex remain seat with cousin permanent because Harry is no longer HRH due he admit bombshell interview with Oprah and NBC also but Harry try to trash his own family for no reason