The Ascension of King Charles III and Queen Camilla

Started by Macrobug67, September 08, 2022, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

^ Also the change for Archie and Lilibet to Prince and Princess.

6. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

7. Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

I'm speculating, I think the slimming down of the monarchy will come with a new letters patent that supersedes the who when and what of titles (Letters Patent for Peerages and Baronetage, both according to official website of UK gov can create, eliminate, make new), IF already done (30 days to publish), usually for the P&B can be found later in the Privy Council website. My speculation is based on the website could have should have and would have ipso facto placed those title changes for everyone mentioned by TLLK and the children of the Sussexes.

Macrobug67

KC has just stopped on the mall and got out of the car for a spontaneous walk about. 

PrincessOfPeace

This afternoon at Buckingham Palace, His Majesty The King, accompanied by Her Majesty The Queen Consort, held Audiences with the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Prime Minister and Members of the Cabinet, and Opposition Party Leaders.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1568639196083929092?s=20&t=kHZ8DU2kJ-ZFPiU_iapJ4Q

Curryong

The PM Liz Truss will be accompanying the King on his four nation mourning tour of the UK, it has been announced. It?s ostensibly to attend services of reflection with him.

UK PM to accompany King on tour of country | The Maitland Mercury | Maitland, NSW

Not sure I agree with that move, however well-meaning. It will politicise it somehow, in my view, as, after all, many members of the British public are Labour Party supporters. Plus, Ms Truss in Scotland is not likely to go down well with Scottish nationalists.

wannable

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on September 10, 2022, 07:06:10 PM
This afternoon at Buckingham Palace, His Majesty The King, accompanied by Her Majesty The Queen Consort, held Audiences with the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Prime Minister and Members of the Cabinet, and Opposition Party Leaders.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1568639196083929092?s=20&t=kHZ8DU2kJ-ZFPiU_iapJ4Q

It's back to two households and their own social media accounts, and I don't think William will ever permit a 3rd household when his children are of age. IMO better keep them under the 'wing' until he's King and George POW. As it was before Charles had opened the household of his children.

Clarence House social medias have been shutdown.

Clarence House
@ClarenceHouse
This account is no longer being updated. Please follow The
@royalfamily for updates on His Majesty King Charles III and Her Majesty The Queen Consort.

Same with CH Instagram.

wannable

^^ I'm almost sure both are trying to calm the waters of ''brexit''

LouisFerdinand

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on September 09, 2022, 08:05:51 PM
10amBST on Saturday 10 September
Youtube free via:
BBC
SKY
and other major networks that have said live they will be live with the London Bridge Op itinerary all the way until HMQEII is taken to Windsor Castle, St. Georges Chapel.

Thank you for the info and I watched it on TV...many many Thanks Wannable

Nightowl

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 10, 2022, 02:55:30 PM
The Queen Consort looked less sturdy than usual, which is not surprising given her age and probable lack of sleep. With osteoarthritis one is stiff after sitting or driving for any length of time, and the same probably applies when standing still for a while, which she did all morning.  She is a fan of long walks and does fitness exercises, so hopefully there is no need to be concerned.

I also noticed that, she is under extreme pressure at the moment and the look on her face was one of pain and deep grief.  I hope that somehow she gets some time to herself to rest and recharge the body for the coming days, I really feel for her as that osteoarthritis is so painful. 

Curryong

Has it ever been confirmed officially that Camilla does have oesteoarthritis? I know we speculated about her possible suffering from it years ago but I don?t think I?ve ever read that she has it. 

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on September 11, 2022, 03:21:40 AM
Has it ever been confirmed officially that Camilla does have oesteoarthritis? I know we speculated about her possible suffering from it years ago but I don?t think I?ve ever read that she has it.

I just read she had it, mine is starting to flare up as the seasons change I think.  Just a pain of growing ole and learning to deal with it and all the other things that happen to the body.....my doc wants me to walk more, slowly yet walking seems to help limber up the aches and pains that then go away....that has worked for me sometimes.   Moving, keep moving he says...LOL

Curryong

Australia and most of the States and Territories separately have proclaimed Charles III as King. Victoria, whose Parliament is not in session at the moment, will do so tomorrow. Proclamations are by the GG and each State?s Governor or Territory leader.  More views of flowers being laid etc. The Army gave a ceremonial big gun salute also yesterday.

King Charles Ascension: Australian states and territories officially swear in King Charles III following Queen Elizabeth's death | State by state