Kate: Mental Health Charities and Patronages

Started by TLLK, November 06, 2014, 07:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

^^^
The link was taken down because an embargo was broke

wannable

She looks (ed) great,as embargoed, in jeans and sweater, sitting in a bed. The furnishings in wood, so it looked very Harry Potter (ish), Owl story et all. I hope the video will be available in Youtube.

I quit my BBC subscription I had with the also quit DIRECTV.  I've been subscribing straight to channels I like, changed all TV sets to flat screens that can be wified and bluetoothed to LT, Pad, Phone.  Technology is great.

TLLK

TLLK

A little more on the classic story from 1968  that Catherine will be reading. No doubt people of Catherine's generation recall this from their own childhood.

Children's Book Review: THE OWL WHO WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK by Jill Tomlinson, Author, Paul Howard, Illustrator , illus. by Paul Howard. Candlewick

wannable

The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark, read by the Duchess on CBeebies Bedtime Stories airs at 6.50pm on Sunday.

PrincessOfPeace

A short clip has been release. 

Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cambridge, is reading #CBeebiesBedtimeStories to mark Children's Mental Health Week.

The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson & @paulhoward20 at 6.50pm, Sun 13th Feb then on @bbciplayer.

https://twitter.com/CBeebiesHQ/status/1492061092809478144?s=20&t=FJi81RWjnKzwq4HuOsJK4Q

wannable

The 1968 classic hit in several categories Amazon the #1 purchase last night. This morning it took # 1 2 and 3, and in all other categories # 9 and 10.

The first category in books that hit #1 is in health 📚

wannable

And this with a spoiler alert/trailer only.

wannable

This combo could also be in her scouts thread.

TLLK

wannable

Polar Preet ? Breaking Boundaries

I would like her to detail the equipment to survive and move alone, other than pulling a sledge. She must have taken technology plan A a GPS with a live feed, B, a tracker.  And I'd like to read her diary day 1, day 2....

I took a 2 month experience out in the wild with no recording, technology, nada.  It's not easy, but it's my kind of thing, so I enjoyed it and want to repeat the experience.

TLLK

The Princess of Wales as Patron of Place2Be has recorded a video for Children's Mental Health Week.

https://twitter.com/KateMansey/status/1622384828694790145

QuoteNEW: In a video to mark the start of Children's Mental Health Week, the Princess of Wales says she is "a firm believer in giving children the skills that they need for life and focusing on their social and emotional development"

TLLK

Coverage of Catherine's visit to Landau Forte college where Capt. Chandi spoke to students today.

Kate Middleton in Derby live: Princess of Wales meets Polar Preet on royal visit at Landau Forte College - Derbyshire Live

QuoteKate Middleton is set to arrive at Landau Forte College in Derby along with the world-record-breaking Harpreet Kaur Chandi MBE to speak with students. The Princess of Wales and Polar Preet are celebrating the explorer's return from her trip to Antarctica, where Preet covered 922 miles in 70 days and 16 hours.

Captain Chandi, from Derby, undertook the expedition to inspire future generations to believe in themselves. The trip, which Kate was patron of, broke the world record for the furthest unsupported solo polar expedition in history.

This school visit in her hometown kicks off Captain Chandi?s UK-wide tour of schools during which she will share her story and her inspirational message. During the visit, Captain Chandi will make a speech to students about her expedition and will be joined by the Princess in presenting an award to Simrat Soggi, one of the winners of Preet?s national school logo competition.

Read more: Get the latest Kate Middleton stories from Derbyshire Live

Her Royal Highness will then join students as they get involved in some activities that help bring Preet's incredible expedition to life. These will cover how Preet trained, what foods kept her going, and how she prepared.

The pair will finish their trip by speaking to a group of year 11 and year 13 students about building resilience and mental well-being in all aspects of life.

wannable

TLLK

William is named as the new royal patron of the Wales Air Ambulance.

Prince William named royal patron of the Wales Air Ambulance charity

QuoteKensington Palace has announced The Prince of Wales has been named royal patron of the Wales Air Ambulance charity.

The patronage was revealed ahead of William and the Princess of Wales?s visit to the charity?s headquarters in Llanelli on Tuesday.

It is the first Welsh patronage to be announced for William since he was given the title the Prince of Wales by the King.

The Wales Air Ambulance charity, which was founded in 2001, has completed almost 45,000 missions and is on stand-by 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

William was an air ambulance pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and a helicopter pilot with the RAF Search and Rescue Force based at RAF Valley on Anglesey.

The Prince and Princess of Wales arrived at a rehabilitation centre in Pontyclun, near Cardiff today having travelled to Wales to help champion mental health initiatives and meet local communities.

Arriving at the centre they were greeted by Sue Gwyn, executive director, manager Grace Sansom and the Welsh Government?s minister for mental health and wellbeing Lynne Neagle.

Two-year-old Cora Phillips gave the Princess of Wales a bunch of daffodils as a St David?s Day gift in time for March 1.

PrincessOfPeace

NEW: The Princess of Wales will carry out engagements on Tuesday and Thursday to mark Mental Health Awareness Week (May 15-21). HRH has dedicated many years to promoting the importance of mental wellbeing, especially in children and young people. -

The visits will include conversations with young people about the importance of ensuring they are equipped with the tools to deal with the challenges they are facing in a healthy and positive way. -

https://twitter.com/MajestyMagazine/status/1657024198236073986?s=20

TLLK

Catherine's visit is coordinated with Mental Health Week.

Kate Middleton stuns fans as she teams up with top athlete on surprise visit: Live updates | HELLO!

QuoteThe Dame Kelly Holmes Trust is a youth development charity founded on the belief that every young person needs a champion.

The organisation puts world class athletes shoulder to shoulder with young people to pass on their winning mindset and provide coaching and mentoring, helping those who are facing adversity to develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in education, work and life.

During her visit, the Princess will spend time with students from St Katherine's School in Bristol who are taking part in the On Track To Achieve programme, delivered by their athlete mentor, Paralympic gold medallist Liz Johnson.

Her Royal Highness will hear from the pupils about their personal experiences and some of the challenges that young people face today, and how working with an athlete mentor has supported them to better express their emotions, build resilience, and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.

Dame Kelly Holmes, the charity?s President and Founder, will also speak about her own experiences and how they inspired her to set up the charity in 2008.

wannable

Rebecca English, RR for the Daily Mail is with Catherine.

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

The Princess of Wales is in Bath visiting the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust which links world class athletes with young people to pass on their winning mindset. It?s one of two engagements she is undertaking to mark #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

Thank you to the wonderful young women from St Katherine's School for speaking so openly and honestly about their mental health and how the  @DameKellysTrust has supported them 💛