Princess Beatrice Patronages and charity work

Started by TLLK, February 08, 2021, 06:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A place to post news about Princess Beatrice's patronage/charity work. :Jen:

Information on Princess Beatrice's patronages: Gert's Royals: Princess Beatrice - Patronages

Street Children UK
Global Ambassador of Children in Crisis (2007?-2018)
Ambassador (2018 - Present)

The Big Change Charitable Trust
Founder (2012-Present)

York Musical Society
Patron (2012-Present)

Edinburgh Children?s Hospital Charity
Patron (2013-Present)

Forget Me Not Children's Hospice
Patron (2013-Present)

Broomwood African Education Foundation
Patron (2013-Present)

Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre
Patron (2013-Present)

York Theatre Royal
Patron (2014-Present)

Berkshire Community Foundation
Patron (2014-Present)

Teenage Cancer Trust
Patron (2016 - Present)

Oscar's Book Prize
Judge (2016)
Royal Patron (2017- Present)

TLLK

Princess Beatrice celebrates World Book Day 2021 and the power of reading | Evening Standard

An essay written by Princess Beatrice on the importance of reading and she touches on her struggles with dyslexia.

QuoteA

Celebration of World Book Day by HRH Princess Beatrice

Reading stories over this last year has been the best form of adventure from the safety of our own homes. It is amazing how in between video calls and working through technology we have had more time in the day to enjoy reading and it has shown how important it has been to step away from the screen and jump into worlds unknown through the help of books. 

As you might already know I have dyslexia and as such reading has never been my strongest talent, however, having a little more time to take a moment to really get into stories has been a gift I am happy to have shared with lockdown life. I have found when things are a little uncertain, or if I am worried or scared of what the future might have in store, stepping into the worlds described on the pages of literature has given me a sense of reassurance. It reminds me that challenges and quests have been dared throughout the ages, and lessons learnt along the way make us stronger and more resilient. 

wannable

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Beatrice reads story to empower children with dyslexia ahead of International Childrens Book Day and says the *superpower* condition is *tremendous gift*.

Princess Beatrice reads book to empower children with dyslexia

PrincessOfPeace

Thank you to our royal patron, HRH Princess Beatrice, for this wonderful message of support as we approach the end of #ChildrensHospiceWeek.

- Forget Me Not Children

https://twitter.com/ForgetMNotChild/status/1409074083849986048?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Beatrice has released a heartfelt message in support of this year's virtual Parallel Windsor - an award-winning event that celebrates disability inclusion.

Princess Beatrice makes rare appearance amid pregnancy for special cause | HELLO!

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Beatrice as patron of 20:40 orgnization and partner WeWork, took part at the first session in a series of member discussions on the future of work in a post-pandemic world.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRJY9q3JSw0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

PrincessOfPeace

Exciting news! Our Kids Summer Art Competition is back & will once again be judged by HRH Princess Beatrice!

Kids Summer Art Competition

PrincessOfPeace

Beatrice is patron of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity.

"Even referring to it as a diagnosis, I feel, does a disservice to the brilliance of some of the most fantastic minds that we have," Beatrice tells our guest-editor Giovanna Fletcher as the pair chat over Zoom for our Back to School digital issue. "Just shifting the narrative a little bit towards something that is positive, something that is impactful, can really help everyone."

Ore: Pregnant Princess Beatrice says unborn baby would be 'lucky' to have dyslexia | HELLO!

Curryong

Interesting that both she and Edo are dyslexic. Maybe they bonded as friends over that earlier. Wonder whether Wolfie is also.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on August 17, 2021, 05:29:22 AM
Interesting that both she and Edo are dyslexic. Maybe they bonded as friends over that earlier. Wonder whether Wolfie is also.

Curryong, Interesting point! I wonder if they bonded over their shared dyslexia.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on August 17, 2021, 05:29:22 AM

Indeed it is interesting that they both have been diagnosed with the same learning disability. I hope that Wofie was screened early on and receives services if he also has the condition.

TudorQueen

With three loving parents, two of whom have dyslexia (dad and stepmom) I am sure they are keeping an eye out for it. Thankfully they know the signs all too well.

If can be diagnosed as early as at 5 1/2 years old. Woolfie is five this year (not sure when his actual birthday is but I believe was earlier this year). I am sure all three are already conscious to be looking out. Even if Beatrice wasn't diagnosed until she was seven, having worked with the charity for years, she will be aware signs can be seen earlier.

TLLK

How 'trusted' Princess Beatrice is stepping into the limelight, according to royal experts | Daily Mail Online

It's a nice article about Princess Beatrice, though I believe that the title is a bit misleading as I don't see her becoming a full time working member of the BRF. She will most likely continue to work for Afiniti but she does carry out the occasional engagement for her patronages. Examples were her recent trip to Sweden for her dyslexia patronage and when she attended the Garden Party.

PrincessOfPeace

Beatrice and Edoardo were in Stockholm yesterday, June 17, to attend the Brilliant Minds 2022 event:

TT Nyhetsbyr?n,%202022

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Beatrice attended a lunch on Friday hosted by 2040_org, which she is the patron of the organisation.

Login ? Instagram

TLLK

Princess Beatrice attends a movie premiere for the film Confetti.

Princess Beatrice attended the premiere of Confetti at BAFTA

HomeBritish Royals
Princess Beatrice attended the premiere of Confetti at BAFTA
by
Helen
-
October 21, 2022 3 Comments
Princess Beatrice wore a gray wool and cashmere trentwood double breasted coat by Burberry. Isabel Marant Arnie Blsck leather boots

On October 20, 2022, Princess Beatrice attended the UK premiere of the movie "Confetti" at BAFTA in London. Confetti is based on filmmaker Ann Hu's personal story as a parent learning to navigate the complexities of raising a child with dyslexia in New York and China. Princess Beatrice is patron of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity since 2013. The charity provides support services for people with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.

TLLK

A new patronage for Princess Beatrice.

Princess Beatrice is the new patron of the British Skin Foundation | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe British Skin Foundation is a UK charity that raises funds for research into all types of skin diseases, including skin cancer.

Founded in 1996, it has supported 400 research projects and awarded ?17,000,000 in funding, according to its website.

During her visit, the royal spoke with skin cancer survivor Nicky Ewart - who helped fundraise for the charity in her role as Ladies Captain for Denham Golf Club.

Nicky said: 'Being diagnosed with skin cancer is extremely frightening and it?s a time filled with a lot of uncertainty and worry.

'My skin cancer was thankfully caught early but had to be cut out which can leave scarring and part of my ear was removed.

'A lot of others at the golf club have also had skin cancer so as a group we felt passionately that the British Skin Foundation was a charity we would love to support.'

What's more, Princess Beatrice said she was 'so pleased' to be working with the British Skin Foundation.

The royal said: 'I have admired their work and research for many years, and they have helped so many people through the foundation?s pioneering efforts.

TLLK

Princess Beatrice as Patron of Oscar Books Prize presented the awards tonight.

Oscar's Book Prize

QuoteOscar?s Book Prize is an annual prize for the best picture book of the year for young children. As of 2021, the Prize awards the winner(s) ?10,000. The prize is awarded in memory of Oscar Ashton and runs in partnership with Amazon, supported by the Evening Standard.
Thank you so much to everyone who entered the 2022 prize - and huge congratulations to our shortlist. Our congratulations extend especially to Chris Haughton for his mischief and humour-filled book Maybe?, which was crowned winner on 17th May. You can read more about this vibrant winner here (in fact, you can watch our judges read it!)

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/2/image?events=775976009&family=editorial