Princess Beatrice and Count Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged, wedding 2020

Started by wannable, September 26, 2019, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on October 01, 2019, 01:38:04 PM
Beatrice probably would like a wedding in Italy. However IMO she won't, as she wants her grandparents there (and there is no doubt that granny?s help is invaluable in keeping those costs down for a royal wedding.) However there no need for the Express to drag Ingrid Seward out of some back cupboard somewhere (yet another self-proclaimed 'Royal expert') to tell us the bleeding obvious, ie that the Queen won't fly at her age. Or for the newspaper to behave as if Ms Seward has just come back from a cuppa with HM and the Yorks knowing all the details of the forthcoming nuptials. Because she doesn't.

See #48!! HM Queen wouldnt allowed travel to Italy due UK government permission must require wedding ceremony in London including security reasons or Beatrice will lose titles options but royals fans wanted see Beatrice in wedding gowns unfair!! @Curryong

wannable

The Queen and PP are too old to fly those distances, stay at hotels, nothing familiar at all, main reason.

Edo and Bea can have a second wedding at Edo's estate chapel/reception if she wishes to have it with the guests they decide to invite, when people have 2 wedding events; usually a very small percentage of the guests have double invitations.

As long as the St. Georges wedding is signed sealed and delivered according to the UK COE and monarchy laws to whatever it entails to keep up with the Princess Title, etc. etc. etc. I see no problem with Bea's wishes to honour Edo's family ancestry.

sandy

I don't get why they need two weddings. His family can attend the one wedding in the UK. They could have a reception for them at another time but it's a bit much to me for them to have two ceremonies.  Charles and Camilla had the actual exchange of vows in  a civil ceremony then the Church Blessing. Bea and Edo could also opt for a  blessing ceremony in Italy.

wannable

Apparently Edo has more than Italian family ties, he's got lots of personal and work related relations in Italy. If you care to read more about him, his ties, his work, his website, his twitter handler, etc.  He has taken pride to keep his roots and friendships their.  I think he will have to reduce quite a lot his side of invitations if they decide to have only that 1 wedding at St. Georges. 

They could also make a Italian party at his estate, rather than 2 weddings. Not the same, but heck a get together Italian party. 

Perhaps something similar to what the Middleton's did? They had a separate party for those people they care about but couldn't invite them ''all'' to the wedding, reception 1 and 2, lunch and dinner party. The Goring Hotel in London was all booked by the Midds; they invited all of their friends, the butcher, baker and candlestick makers, also the workers and owners of Mustique Island were there. The wild party guests who went to reception 1 or 2, or both, ended up in the Goring party till the 'next day' 6 am. Not even the wee hours so to speak.

I do personally hope Edo and Bea decide to do something similar to all of Edo's Italian relationships.   

Curryong

I think the newspapers are just speculating. No doubt if Beatrice was just Lady Beatrice Blank Blank marrying an Italian Count then the wedding would probably be in the Ancestral estate in Italy. But she isn't, she's a granddaughter of the Queen, and Andrew is even now rubbing his hands together at the thought of his marching bearskins and the carriage ride and taking his daughter down the aisle of a chapel intimately connected with royalty for centuries, for the glory of him and his family. Beatrice seems like the sort of person who wants to please everyone and that includes her parents and grandparents. My bet is St George's followed by an Italian honeymoon. 

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on October 01, 2019, 02:59:18 PM
The Queen and PP are too old to fly those distances, stay at hotels, nothing familiar at all, main reason.

Edo and Bea can have a second wedding at Edo's estate chapel/reception if she wishes to have it with the guests they decide to invite, when people have 2 wedding events; usually a very small percentage of the guests have double invitations.

As long as the St. Georges wedding is signed sealed and delivered according to the UK COE and monarchy laws to whatever it entails to keep up with the Princess Title, etc. etc. etc. I see no problem with Bea's wishes to honour Edo's family ancestry.

Yeah but HM Queen makes decisions have one wedding not two wedding between Italy and UK both that ain?t option! HM Queen not sign for Italy wedding ceremony include the hotel,security and mores queen is private person who she is but she wanted see her grandchildren in wedding at London

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2019, 04:58:08 PM

Quote from: Curryong on October 01, 2019, 03:14:02 PM
I think the newspapers are just speculating. No doubt if Beatrice was just Lady Beatrice Blank Blank marrying an Italian Count then the wedding would probably be in the Ancestral estate in Italy. But she isn't, she's a granddaughter of the Queen, and Andrew is even now rubbing his hands together at the thought of his marching bearskins and the carriage ride and taking his daughter down the aisle of a chapel intimately connected with royalty for centuries, for the glory of him and his family. Beatrice seems like the sort of person who wants to please everyone and that includes her parents and grandparents. My bet is St George's followed by an Italian honeymoon. 

We have wait and see but I think will private honeymoon but no paparazzi or media spying on newlyweds end of discussion but i dont know we have wedding ceremony confirmation include WM,St.George?s Chapel or St.Paul?s Cathedral stay tuned but wait confirmation from palace and Yorks to announcement

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2019, 05:02:32 PM

Quote from: sandy on October 01, 2019, 03:05:39 PM
I don't get why they need two weddings. His family can attend the one wedding in the UK. They could have a reception for them at another time but it's a bit much to me for them to have two ceremonies.  Charles and Camilla had the actual exchange of vows in  a civil ceremony then the Church Blessing. Bea and Edo could also opt for a  blessing ceremony in Italy.

NO! I told @Curryong on #48 explained end of discussion but HM Queen and Duke of Edinburgh too old for traveling but only one for wedding ceremony in London or Beatrice will lose titles option!! But UK government will not allowed HM Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to Italy for wedding

sandy

wannable

@sara8150 The Queen and in this case Andrew York will be paying (and deciding with the couple) everything, except for security (Met Police via tax payers), whatever Edo and Bea do outside from the Queen's offer (almost likely St. Georges Chapel and Frogmore House receptions) is Bea and Edo's decision, like the Middleton's did. 

They (Mike and Carole) very likely notified the Queen about Goring Hotel in London, but the Midds ultimately paid for the entire booking of that hotel, the party, the Caribbean deco, etc. (including Kate's wedding dress), all in all with discounts it is speculated the Midds spent GBP 1 Million between Kate's 2 dresses and the Goring.  Edo can certainly do the same, but in Italy. The Queen (or Andrew) in this instance (Edo's wallet) has no say, they CAN advise, but at the end....perhaps since its a private estate, low profile a reduced amount of paparazzi pics.  The Goring Hotel was strictly closed only By Invitation (super private) to enter the place, but those guests that didn't use a private car to leave through the basement parking, and were seen leaving at 6, 7 and 8 a.m. looking worst for wear.  :hehe:  You can tell they had a blast of an evening before getting into a taxi. That is a reduced amount of pap pics.

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2019, 06:42:29 PM

Quote from: sandy on October 01, 2019, 06:15:39 PM
I doubt it will be Westminster Abbey for a variety of reasons.

I agree, It reminds me (William and Kate wedding) of all the main avenues completely closed all the way to Buckingham Palace. Its a no to me.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on October 01, 2019, 06:38:13 PM
@sara8150 The Queen and in this case Andrew York will be paying (and deciding with the couple) everything, except for security (Met Police via tax payers), whatever Edo and Bea do outside from the Queen's offer (almost likely St. Georges Chapel and Frogmore House receptions) is Bea and Edo's decision, like the Middleton's did. 

They (Mike and Carole) very likely notified the Queen about Goring Hotel in London, but the Midds ultimately paid for the entire booking of that hotel, the party, the Caribbean deco, etc. (including Kate's wedding dress), all in all with discounts it is speculated the Midds spent GBP 1 Million between Kate's 2 dresses and the Goring.  Edo can certainly do the same, but in Italy. The Queen (or Andrew) in this instance (Edo's wallet) has no say, they CAN advise, but at the end....perhaps since its a private estate, low profile a reduced amount of paparazzi pics.  The Goring Hotel was strictly closed only By Invitation (super private) to enter the place, but those guests that didn't use a private car to leave through the basement parking, and were seen leaving at 6, 7 and 8 a.m. looking worst for wear.  :hehe:  You can tell they had a blast of an evening before getting into a taxi. That is a reduced amount of pap pics.

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2019, 06:42:29 PM

I agree, It reminds me (William and Kate wedding) of all the main avenues completely closed all the way to Buckingham Palace. Its a no to me.

We have to wait and see if Beatrice makes decisions have two dress one for ceremony and reception also stay tuned

I know goring hotel is strict limit off since Kate?s final single woman with her parents and siblings in April 2011

I dont know Beatrice will final day as single spend night with Duchess of York and Eugenie we have wait and see stay tuned

wannable

Bea has her parents house within Windsor estate, there is no need for her to sleep at a hotel near Windsor if their wedding is there. I was referring to Edo and his large family and relationships from Italy.

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on October 01, 2019, 09:53:13 PM
Bea has her parents house within Windsor estate, there is no need for her to sleep at a hotel near Windsor if their wedding is there. I was referring to Edo and his large family and relationships from Italy.

You?re right about that

Double post auto-merged: October 01, 2019, 10:57:38 PM

Princess Beatrice wedding: Why Bea WON?T wear this designer to Royal Wedding 2020 | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
I dont know what beatrice will wear kept underwraps till wedding day in 2020 dont says anything kept zipit 🤐🤫

dianab

it'll be nice a Italian wedding. Fergie was rumoured to be looking for places there, who knows?

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2019, 12:33:26 AM

Quote from: wannable on October 01, 2019, 03:10:13 PM
Apparently Edo has more than Italian family ties, he's got lots of personal and work related relations in Italy. If you care to read more about him, his ties, his work, his website, his twitter handler, etc.  He has taken pride to keep his roots and friendships their.  I think he will have to reduce quite a lot his side of invitations if they decide to have only that 1 wedding at St. Georges. 
Fergie also is very well-connected among italian aristos and rich people. she and the girls went to several high society weddings there

Curryong

I don't know where this thing about Beatrice losing her title as a Princess of the U.K. if she doesn't marry in Britain or in St George's in front of the Queen comes from. It is completely incorrect. Beatrice can marry in a castle in Italy, in a Las Vegas chapel or in an igloo in the Arctic if she wishes. She can marry with only her parents present or her sister and two other witnesses. It doesn't make any difference whatsoever to her title as Princess Beatrice. She keeps that title for life, wherever son whoever she marries.

Prince Michael of Kent married Marie-Christine in a British embassy abroad (I think it was Paris) and remains to this day Prince Michael of Kent. The Queen was not present at the ceremony.

Prince Alfred Duke of Edinburgh married the Tsar's daughter in Russia in the 1870s. His mother the Queen was not present at the ceremony. The Prince remained a Prince until he died.

The Duke of Windsor (briefly HRH Prince Edward before he got the Dukedom and after he abdicated) married abroad with no members of his family present. He remained a Prince, an HRH and a Royal Duke until the day he died.

So, whether Beatrice marries at St George's, WA (highly unlikely in my view) or in Italy or wherever,  she will remain a Princess for the rest of her life.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on October 01, 2019, 09:53:13 PM
St. George's makes the most sense.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on October 02, 2019, 12:51:20 AM
I don't know where this thing about Beatrice losing her title as a Princess of the U.K. if she doesn't marry in Britain or in St George's in front of the Queen comes from. It is completely incorrect. Beatrice can marry in a castle in Italy, in a Las Vegas chapel or in an igloo in the Arctic if she wishes. She can marry with only her parents present or her sister and two other witnesses. It doesn't make any difference whatsoever to her title as Princess Beatrice. She keeps that title for life, wherever son whoever she marries.

Prince Michael of Kent married Marie-Christine in a British embassy abroad (I think it was Paris) and remains to this day Prince Michael of Kent. The Queen was not present at the ceremony.

Prince Alfred Duke of Edinburgh married the Tsar's daughter in Russia in the 1870s. His mother the Queen was not present at the ceremony. The Prince remained a Prince until he died.

The Duke of Windsor (briefly HRH Prince Edward before he got the Dukedom and after he abdicated) married abroad with no members of his family present. He remained a Prince, an HRH and a Royal Duke until the day he died.

So, whether Beatrice marries at St George's, WA (highly unlikely in my view) or in Italy or wherever,  she will remain a Princess for the rest of her life.

No! HM Queen will be there present but she never missed her grandchildren at wedding but require Beatrice kept titles or she will lose throne or lose titles option if she get married in WA or St.George?s Chapel same Eugenie?s wedding and Eugenie kept her titles in throne HM Queen wouldn?t allowed have wedding in Italy because HM Queen is head of state in England for six decades,@Curryong

Curryong

Well, the present Queen was on the throne for 25 years (a quarter of a century) when Prince Michael got married, she wasn't there and he married in Paris, not Great Britain, and yet is still Prince Michael the Queen's cousin.

And Queen Victoria was on the throne for about forty years when Alfred Duke of Edinburgh married, abroad and without her presence. He still remained a Prince and a Duke.

Please direct me to where you have taken the information from that states that Princes and Princess of the U.K. lose their titles if they don't wed in Britain and in front of the monarch. What legislation?

Link please.

I've got no doubt that Beatrice will marry in front of her grandparents and other relatives at St George's. But that will be because she wants to, not because she is being forced to or she will lose her titles.

amabel

Of course Beatrice's wedding location has noting to do with the succession..  She is in the line of succession and she will be so, no matter what...

sara8150

Princess Beatrice Pals Happy About Engagement After 2016 Breakup | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2019, 02:35:35 PM

Quote from: Curryong on October 02, 2019, 04:53:26 AM
Well, the present Queen was on the throne for 25 years (a quarter of a century) when Prince Michael got married, she wasn't there and he married in Paris, not Great Britain, and yet is still Prince Michael the Queen's cousin.

And Queen Victoria was on the throne for about forty years when Alfred Duke of Edinburgh married, abroad and without her presence. He still remained a Prince and a Duke.

Please direct me to where you have taken the information from that states that Princes and Princess of the U.K. lose their titles if they don't wed in Britain and in front of the monarch. What legislation?

Link please.

I've got no doubt that Beatrice will marry in front of her grandparents and other relatives at St George's. But that will be because she wants to, not because she is being forced to or she will lose her titles.

HM Queen been Head of state since 1952 for 67 years

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2019, 02:45:04 PM

Quote from: amabel on October 02, 2019, 11:10:30 AM
Of course Beatrice's wedding location has noting to do with the succession..  She is in the line of succession and she will be so, no matter what...

If HM Queen have permission for Beatrice get married in Italy or NOT?!? I?m guaranteed HM Queen wouldnt allowed her grandchildren have wedding outside of U.K. end of discussion Queen can makes ruled for her grandchildren kept titles throne if Beatrice must kept HRH or lose titles throne option remember of her mom lose titles style HRH when got divorced in 1996 to Duke of York

Royal Marriages Act 1772 - Wikipedia

Curryong

And I am saying that both Beatrice and Eugenie could marry in Italy, on a Pacific Island or in an igloo in the Arctic if they had wanted to. It made/will make not one iota of difference to their titles as Princesses of York.

Again, I am asking for a link please to information that states that any of the Queen's relatives have to marry in front of the Queen in Britain. What you are stating is incorrect. I've given examples of royals who have married abroad and not lost their titles.

The Royal Marriages Act is irrelevant with regard to Beatrice's marriage. It is only the first half a dozen people in the line of succession who now have to ask the Queen's permission for them to wed. Beatrice is ninth in succession. Though she undoubtedly told HM about Edo she didn't need her permission to marry.

Princess Beatrice is a Princess for life. No monarch in modern times has ever taken royal titles from those who were born with them and who already have them, except for King George V in 1917 (in the middle of a world war. There was a redistribution and withdrawal of foreign and other titles at that time and at no other.)

amabel

In fact, the members of the RF who married abroad did so because they were divorced and did not wish to embarrass the RF by marrying in the UK.. (esp since there were issues about whether a royal could marry in a registry office ceremony...

sara8150

Princess Beatrice wedding: Royal wants to marry in Italy - but Queen won?t fly abroad | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
I think HM Queen wouldnt allowed marry single parents

Heir to Italian throne prepares for first royal wedding in 70 years - Telegraph
When Prince Emmanuel Filiberto marry to French actress Clothilde Courau who is six months pregnant at time when got married in 2003 and didn?t intive the Pope

Does a Royal Need the Queen?s Permission to Get Married? | Mental Floss

Princess Beatrice & Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi Wedding News - Details on the Venue, Date & More
I don?t know what date of wedding,designer and venue kept guardedly privately underwraps till wedding day dont says anything about that zipit!! 🤐🤫

Princess Beatrice wedding: The royal bride who could inspire Beatrice on her big day | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Beatrice wedding: How royal wedding will change Royal Family for one reason | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal wedding: Princess Beatrice won't have Westminster Abbey wedding like Kate and Wills | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Not chosen at WA!! Still options

Kate Middleton children: How Prince Louis could be snubbed at Beatrice?s royal wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Sarah Ferguson news: How Fergie could be first ever royal to receive this wedding honour | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen news: Could the Queen snub Princess Beatrice?s wedding? Bea craves Italian wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

If U.K. government will grants for Italy wedding or NOT must waiting till HM Queen have Grant for permission have Italy wedding or NO!! And must requirement have wedding in London Stay tuned and kept posted from Palace and Yorks,@Curryong

amabel

There is  no need for the queen to give permission for the wedding eiter in the UK or abroad

sandy

The little child has a mother who will of course spend the most time with him.. She is not step mummy until the wedding vows are taken. She's now the fiancee not the wife.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on October 01, 2019, 01:38:04 PM
Beatrice probably would like a wedding in Italy. However IMO she won't, as she wants her grandparents there (and there is no doubt that granny?s help is invaluable in keeping those costs down for a royal wedding.) However there no need for the Express to drag Ingrid Seward out of some back cupboard somewhere (yet another self-proclaimed 'Royal expert') to tell us the bleeding obvious, ie that the Queen won't fly at her age. Or for the newspaper to behave as if Ms Seward has just come back from a cuppa with HM and the Yorks knowing all the details of the forthcoming nuptials. Because she doesn't.
A destination wedding with all of the assorted Windsors is not likely to happen for Beatrice and Eduardo. However I don't see why they couldn't opt for a small private reception there if some of his family  and friends are unable to make it to the UK.