Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Quote from: sandy on February 02, 2017, 12:24:22 AM
He has a job, as senior royal. Why would he listen to the public if he wants to marry Meghan or anybody else? It's is choice and he's not going to survey the public to see if he should marry a specific person...or not. I see nice things said about this woman on this board and on others. She is not some sort if villain or anything like that.
But wouldn't her motives be suspect to the people? I have a hard time getting past the fact , that being an actress who loves all publicity, is she truly in love or the possibility of marriage to a British Royal ,where  she will then be on the world stage and in the news constantly. The fact that she was with a live in boyfriend and chucked him , also could tell a tale of her character.

sandy

Well Kate Middleton ditched her boyfriend when she got in proximity of William (at St. Andrew's). She even played to the media to "win William back." Kate also had experience pre William. Kate having a previous BF did not bar her from being a royal. It's a matter of conjecture if this works out.

Yale

I understand that Harry pursued her and kept after until she gave into him.

amabel said, " He is not going to marry her."

When exactly did Harry tell you that?

Lady Deb

And who really knows when PH and MM started dating and who really introduced them, some sources say they met in May, others June-July? Just because someone has a boyfriend doesn't mean that they have to be getting along, the reason for the break up could have been mutual and nothing to do with PH.

I find it perplexing that MMs character is questioned and not PH. I agree with the statements that he pursued her, because it's not like she could have just  run up to his front door at Kensington Palace, ring the doorbell and say here I am.  If that was the case then all of the current moaning internet girls who refuse to believe that PH is dating someone other than them could have done the same too.

Yale

What I would like to know is when Prince Harry will meet Meghan's mother and father? I read that he meet her dad but nothing about her mother.

Eri

Quote from: Yale on February 05, 2017, 06:52:36 AM
All some of you do here is complain about this relationship.  But what it is going to change?  If Harry wants to marry Meghan, he will do just that.  It will not matter to him who disapproves or why.  Whether it is too soon or not for an engagement or marriage, it is their decision.
Some don't understand that no one cares what Harry does ... it seems to me some people here care only to have a different "cool" Countess without caring about how she would fit within the Royal Family and how it would all work put IN REALTY ...

Kinkade

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 10:31:52 AM
Quote from: Yale on February 05, 2017, 06:52:36 AM
All some of you do here is complain about this relationship.  But what it is going to change?  If Harry wants to marry Meghan, he will do just that.  It will not matter to him who disapproves or why.  Whether it is too soon or not for an engagement or marriage, it is their decision.
Some don't understand that no one cares what Harry does ... it seems to me some people here care only to have a different "cool" Countess without caring about how she would fit within the Royal Family and how it would all work put IN REALTY ...

Well, some here just fangurls about Meghan w/o knowing her personally. Or gushes about H&M's relationship like its a Hallmark/Disney movie w/o having any confirmed info or insider knowledge. So IMO, everyone can speculate or state their own opinion on them w/o the need to belittle. At the end of the day, everything said here is JUST speculation and opinion anyway.   :nod:

I do agree, Harry will do whatever he wants. Meghan will continue to manipulate the situation and win in the end, whether it's a ring or a bigger exposure in the media. JMO. But all of us here are still free to speculate and express our opinion.

And I agree w/ @Eri on this point... basically, when reality sets in .....Meghan's family, muddy relationship history plus the cultural difference will give her a hard time assimilating into the BRF & be accepted by the public. (Btw, I think being popular & being accepted wholly are 2 different things. She could be popular for pop-culture, but acceptance will be hard)

Imagine a big wedding at Westminster, so who's going to sit on the front row to represent Meghan's family? Her dad (I mean, is he done hiding anyway?), her half siblings? any respectable cousins or family to stand on her behalf?  Coz some might say they don't matter, but in an archaic institution such as the Monarchy, connections, family, respectability, history... they will all matter. 

Maybe if they go slowly, 3-5years and try to revamp her image she'll get there & might not become a liability to Harry. Or else, there's always the option for Harry to lie low and just enjoy the lavish life w/o the limelight (like what the Duke of Windsor & Wallis Simpson did).

Eri

^ I agree no matter hat happens he is done and she will win no matter what ... WHEN this is over he will have to lay low for Years ... she has damaged him to no end ...

sandy

Harry as the younger sibling may not get the lavish wedding like his brother did in any case. If they want to get married they will make appropriate arrangements at the wedding and work things out. As far as "acceptance" it seems Camilla was and IMO she was a lot more unpopular than Meghan is now. She still got in and her ex husband watched the blessing after the civil ceremony. Camilla and Charles walked into a registry office and off camera got married and Charles' parents did not go. They had the blessing. Compared to  that I think Meghan and Harry if they marry will manage the ceremony just fine. If Camilla and Charles had their very untraditional wedding, I think Meghan and Harry will manage.

I did not know, Eri a man has to go into hiding if a relationship did not last. If they break up they break up. IF they break up that is. Harry will be fine either way. I don't see how he was "damaged" in any way by dating somebody.

Eri

^ Going into hiding and laying low are two different things ... Harry had PR issues prior to this mess by refusing to find a job or do anything useful with his time but vacation in Africa ... she has only made things worse or made people already unhappy more vocal if you will ...

Curryong

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 11:48:28 AM
^ I agree no matter hat happens he is done and she will win no matter what ... WHEN this is over he will have to lay low for Years ... she has damaged him to no end ...

He might well be  damaged among the illiterate people who vent on DM and online Twitter followers, who can't stand that he might marry someone they've decided they don't like. As for damage among the ordinary people of Great Britain, don't think so, judging by the crowds who turned out for him in Nottingham a few days ago. 

A journalist talks about seeing MM and Harry at the Orangery at KP at about 3:59 of this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=un-NmYDfKAw

And

Meghan Markle makes a bold declaration of her love | Daily Mail Online

Kinkade

Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 11:53:04 AM
Harry as the younger sibling may not get the lavish wedding like his brother did in any case. If they want to get married they will make appropriate arrangements at the wedding and work things out. As far as "acceptance" it seems Camilla was and IMO she was a lot more unpopular than Meghan is now. She still got in and her ex husband watched the blessing after the civil ceremony. Camilla and Charles walked into a registry office and off camera got married and Charles' parents did not go. They had the blessing. Compared to  that I think Meghan and Harry if they marry will manage the ceremony just fine. If Camilla and Charles had their very untraditional wedding, I think Meghan and Harry will manage.

I did not know, Eri a man has to go into hiding if a relationship did not last. If they break up they break up. IF they break up that is. Harry will be fine either way. I don't see how he was "damaged" in any way by dating somebody.

See, I agree... there is a way around this. That is, if Harry & Meghan forego the lavish wedding and limelight. They marry in a small country town church w/ just family.

Charles &  Camilla waited a LONG time to be officially married. They bided their time and slowly tried to be at least acceptable to the public. Will Meghan be willing to wait 3-5 years before getting married?

An important Question now is... will Meghan be ok with a low key wedding? a low key life albeit a lavish one still? Will she be ok out of the limelight? not wear tiaras at official occasions and state dinner? Because if she is, I do see a path how this can work and she and Harry can live a quiet but happy life.(Basically my point is, if she and harry decide to live quietly in the country or in Switzerland or in  Africa, the criticism or gossip would die out eventually & the press would focus on the Cambridges) 

But IMO, I don't believe that is what Meghan wants or what this C-list, attention-loving actress signed up for. She wants the limelight, the state dinners, to wear the tiaras and to be on the front page every month. So that is what the contention is right now. I believe it is no accident how this whole thing unfolded or how she got her name in the limelight. I'm happy to be wrong and that she and Harry eventually live a quiet luxurious life in Verbier or Paris or Los Angeles. But I don't think I am. And harry may end up marrying her and make the gossip genies wishes for the next decade w/ all the scandals coming. JMO

Curryong

Why would Harry turn his back on his father and  brother and his royal duties in the next reign and this and go and live in Verbier? Did you see the crowds that came out for him in Nottingham last week? No loss of popularity there!

Meghan's not an axe murderer, a gang member or a prostitute. She's an actress, and merely because some of Harry's Twitter followers and some people who vent on the DM online have decided they don't like her Harry is supposed to retire from Royal life? I've never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life!

If Harry proposes the Queen will give her consent, they will get married (probably at St George's Chapel) Harry will be given a Dukedom, Meghan will become his Duchess and she will take up royal duties, helping and supporting him and the BRF. That is what happens to every other bride when they marry into the family, and that's what will happen  here, and the little girls of Twitter, Tumblrs and the others who don't like it will just have to get used to it.

Kinkade

^ IMO, Harry doesn't WANT to be out of the limelight , but he'll HAVE to lay low if he wants to marry Meghan in the near future.

Like I said, it's not  a problem IF Meghan can wait 3-5 years and have her image cleaned and be palatable to the public. Camilla waited, so can Meghan. Or can she?

And I have NO DOUBT, that the Queen loves Harry and will indulge him his heart's desire. But one thing that the Queen values MORE than family is the MONARCHY as an institution. So the Queen may and probably will give her consent to whatever Harry wants. But when it affects the image and popularity of the Monarchy, she will DO what it best for the Monarchy as an institution.

NO, Meghan is NOT an axe murderer. (But then again, Camilla wasn't either.) She is just an attention loving C-list actress who now has the means (thanks to Social Media) to manipulate her popularity and image that will be out of the control of the TPTB behind the BRF. (Btw, Camilla may have played w/ the papers, but that is nothing compared w/ playing w/ SM and having a team or PR, managers, agents & lawyers) Basically, once you get married, you need to play by the rules (ala KATE).

So my point is, it is a waiting game. If Meghan is patient, she'll get what she wants. (Like Camilla) If she wants it in the near future, there will be sacrifices needed from her and Harry. That's the bottom line. IMO.

And btw, I think Kate is happy in all this coz she and her family are coming up like roses and seems like the valued, aristocratic BRITISH FAMILY that is what a ROYAL should be. (Emphasis on the BRITISH FAMILY)

sandy

The Camilla situation was different. Charles and Camilla were not planning children and Camilla did not have a biological clock (she had children and was past childbearing age) so they could wait. Camilla was notorious for being the other woman in Charles's first marriage--Meghan did not have that checkered past. Meghan is of childbearing age and I think she and Harry might want to start a family. If she waits 4 or 5 years here would be more risks to having a healthy child or a healthy childbirth. Sophie Wessex waited and had an ectopic   pregnancy and a dangerous childbirth. Megan would be 40 so I doubt the Queen would call for a wait because there would be more risks at having a first baby at 40.  I don't think it right to "order" Meghan to wait because she may have difficulties conceiving or giving birth.  That would be just plain cruelty.

Why would Harry have to lay low? He's not marrying a criminal or anything like that.

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 12:09:06 PM
^ Going into hiding and laying low are two different things ... Harry had PR issues prior to this mess by refusing to find a job or do anything useful with his time but vacation in Africa ... she has only made things worse or made people already unhappy more vocal if you will ...

Harry has nothing to be ashamed of. I see no PR issues whatsoever. I don't see how she made anything "worse."

Kinkade

And BTW, don't even dare to compare Meghan with Princess Grace Kelly.

Grace Kelly was a movie star w/ an Oscar. She came from old Hollywood in the days of Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart. Grace Kelly came from a respectable family. Prince Rainier met with her family and sat down w/ her father. Her family HAD to provide a dowry. (and yes, personally, I do know of families who still talk of engagement & dowries) CAN you imagine Meghan's parents talking dowries! AND THEN, she gave it all up to be Prince Rainier's wife.

So yes, if Meghan was just a plain 'ol actress w/ a clean history, respectable family, NO attention loving social media and definitely NO traces of her GOOP-loving, social climbing tendencies ... I'm pretty sure she'd have the public rallying behind her .But she's just not.

sandy

Princess Grace did not have a tidy personal life. She had various affairs and nearly married Oleg Cassini--she broke up with him shortly before her meeting with Rainier--and she got involved with married actors.  The royals don't expect dowries. Diana's family paid for the flowers for the wedding. Meghan's family would be asked to pay for something for the wedding should it take place.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 02:57:46 PM

Quote from: Kinkade on February 06, 2017, 02:05:25 PM
Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 11:53:04 AM

See, I agree... there is a way around this. That is, if Harry & Meghan forego the lavish wedding and limelight. They marry in a small country town church w/ just family.

Charles &  Camilla waited a LONG time to be officially married. They bided their time and slowly tried to be at least acceptable to the public. Will Meghan be willing to wait 3-5 years before getting married?

An important Question now is... will Meghan be ok with a low key wedding? a low key life albeit a lavish one still? Will she be ok out of the limelight? not wear tiaras at official occasions and state dinner? Because if she is, I do see a path how this can work and she and Harry can live a quiet but happy life.(Basically my point is, if she and harry decide to live quietly in the country or in Switzerland or in  Africa, the criticism or gossip would die out eventually & the press would focus on the Cambridges) 

But IMO, I don't believe that is what Meghan wants or what this C-list, attention-loving actress signed up for. She wants the limelight, the state dinners, to wear the tiaras and to be on the front page every month. So that is what the contention is right now. I believe it is no accident how this whole thing unfolded or how she got her name in the limelight. I'm happy to be wrong and that she and Harry eventually live a quiet luxurious life in Verbier or Paris or Los Angeles. But I don't think I am. And harry may end up marrying her and make the gossip genies wishes for the next decade w/ all the scandals coming. JMO

If they are ordered to wait and then Meghan has trouble conceiving or has a dangerous pregnancy that would be plain nasty of the royals.

I don't see her as an axe murderer that Harry has to give up his royal work to marry her.

Kinkade

Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 02:48:11 PM
The Camilla situation was different. Charles and Camilla were not planning children and Camilla did not have a biological clock (she had children and was past childbearing age) so they could wait. Camilla was notorious for being the other woman in Charles's first marriage. Meghan is of childbearing age and I think she and Harry might want to start a family. If she waits 4 or 5 years here would be more risks to having a healthy child or a healthy childbirth. Sophie Wessex waited and had an ectopic   pregnancy and a dangerous childbirth. Megan would be 40 so I doubt the Queen would call for a wait because there would be more risks at having a first baby at 40.

Quote from: Eri on February 06, 2017, 12:09:06 PM

Harry has nothing to be ashamed of. I see no PR issues whatsoever. I don't see how she made anything "worse."

Personally, I don't think Harry has anything to be ashamed of. But there are definite PR issues w/ Meghan. That is undeniable and apparent on the internet and social media. To deny it, would be burying your head in the sand .

Harry's history w/ media and his popularity is very extreme. He's done very stupid things in the past and has gotten lots of flak for it.( e.g., naked Vegas or Nazi costume) He's  also very charming and can endear people. But the gamut of his likability is so extreme that one mistake can turn people off. Unfortunately, in the world of a 24hr news cycle/internet/social media, these extreme changes aren't favorable to the conservative, archaic and  control freaks behind the BRF.

Thus, IMO, if he wants to marry someone as controversial as Meghan in the near future, there would be a need to be off the limelight. Unless again, Harry and Meghan are willing to wait 3-5 years, clean up their image, endear themselves to the British public... and get all the perks of being ROYAL.

Eri

I agree Harry will have to settle for a very low key wedding/ Title / life if he marries this one if anything because she is so unpopular ... he will have to compromise ... not that I think it will get that far he will get tired of her soon ...

sandy

Kinkade I don't see any PR issues with her.  I don't see her as controversial. Why would you want them to wait 3 to 5 years? Would you want her to have a risky pregnancy down the road or conception issues? I think she would if she were forced to wait. Sophie did and she was younger than Meghan at the time. I see no need to be out of the limelight. People do like royal engagements and weddings.  Harry made stupid mistakes but he apologized he was no juvenile delinquent. Will did immature things too like commandeering a military copter to a stag party and was seen falling out of clubs. So Harry has to pay for his stupid blunders for the rest of his life?  Harry IS a royal he does not need to leave the limelight to get the privileges and perks of being one.

A low key wedding to the royals is a little less lavish than a big wedding. You think she's unpopular Eri, not everybody does. Maybe you wish he'll get tired of her soon.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

Quote from: Curryong on February 06, 2017, 02:20:32 PM
Why would Harry turn his back on his father and  brother and his royal duties in the next reign and this and go and live in Verbier? Did you see the crowds that came out for him in Nottingham last week? No loss of popularity there!

Meghan's not an axe murderer, a gang member or a prostitute. She's an actress, and merely because some of Harry's Twitter followers and some people who vent on the DM online have decided they don't like her Harry is supposed to retire from Royal life? I've never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life!

If Harry proposes the Queen will give her consent, they will get married (probably at St George's Chapel) Harry will be given a Dukedom, Meghan will become his Duchess and she will take up royal duties, helping and supporting him and the BRF. That is what happens to every other bride when they marry into the family, and that's what will happen  here, and the little girls of Twitter, Tumblrs and the others who don't like it will just have to get used to it.

I don't get the negativity about Meghan like she served time someplace.

Kinkade

Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 02:56:13 PM
Princess Grace did not have a tidy personal life. She had various affairs and nearly married Oleg Cassini--she broke up with him shortly before her meeting with Rainier--and she got involved with married actors.  The royals don't expect dowries. Diana's family paid for the flowers for the wedding. Meghan's family would be asked to pay for something for the wedding should it take place.

If they are ordered to wait and then Meghan has trouble conceiving or has a dangerous pregnancy that would be plain nasty of the royals.

I don't see her as an axe murderer that Harry has to give up his royal work to marry her.

The simple fact that Meghan is so talked about on the internet, blogs, comments on the papers is ALREADY CONTROVERSIAL. No way denying that. TPTB just need to clean up her image. In the first place, if they didn't care about her image or Kensington Palace's image, they wouldn't have needed to state that stupid, contrived, spoiled statement.

NO, Princess Grace may not have been an 18 year Diana with a clean history. But she also WAS NOT DIVORCED, NOR CO-HABITATED AGAIN with another man. She also (luckily for her), did not live in an age w/ the internet and social media, where every single thing in your past can be googled in less than 2 seconds.

Really... what would Meghan's family be asked to "contribute" to a royal wedding? You mean like the new, bespoke diamond drop earrings that Kate Middleton's parents gave her for her wedding? (to say the least) I thought Meghan's dad was in hiding and in financial trouble? Or would Meghan's parents be able to throw lavish parties for her daughter before marrying Harry. Or maybe they can block a couple of floors or rooms at some lavish hotel for her wedding. Maybe they can afford McQueen gowns for her and her entourage?

DO I sound mean and snobbish? because yes, my point exactly, we're talking about the BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY, they are rich, elite and snobbish. Don't deny that. They drove Princess Diana, (who was already from aristocracy) to the brink of despair. To be accepted into that family would take a lot. And Kate's parents ALREADY have money and decent respectability, and YET Kate has still to play by the rules and be the lawful, obedient wife.

And yes, like everyone here points out, Harry isn't expected to be like William so he can marry someone like Meghan. He's also not EXPECTED TO bring children to continue the line. Whether Harry and Meghan have children won't be the BRF's concern (yes, it's harsh, but let's admit it, true). SO back to my point, if Harry & Meghan become the second Duke & Duchess of Windsor, live a lavish but out-of-the-limelight life, I don't think there would be any problem at all for them.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 03:20:14 PM

Curryong

Meghan will give up her acting career and play by the BRF rules once she marries. That's mandatory for Royal brides and life in the golden cage will be sacrifice enough.

Meghan has money of her own and will be able to buy her own jewellery and gowns as, like Sophie, but unlike Kate, she has worked for years. Sophie brought her own money into the royal family. So will Meghan. 

There have been plenty of foreign commoner brides in other royal families that have made their mark in their adopted countries, and become popular, Maxima, Mary and Marie of Denmark, Marie Theresa of Luxembourg are just a few.

Meghan has half siblings she hasn't spoken to in decades that have made idiots of themselves, that's true. However, her parents have said nothing.

How do we know what Britain and the Commonwealth think of Harry marrying Meghan? We have ravings from people who vent online at the DM, (many of them foreigners) and we have Twitter and Tumblr. Has any polling company done a survey or poll on the matter? No, so how do we know?

I come from a Commonwealth country, Australia (though I'm British born and raised and have plenty of contacts there.) Among people I know, both in Oz and in Britain, there's a sort of mild interest, nothing more. To read some comments, you'd think people will be rioting in the London streets if Harry marries Meghan. Lol! They aren't and they won't.

Harry, if he marries her, will become a Duke, she his Duchess, the crowds will come out, just like they do for every royal wedding and afterwards, Meghan will begin Royal duties. The couple have nothing to be ashamed of, and if they decide to marry, they'll probably wed in 2018. They will want a family. No point in waiting.

As for Kate, if online comments on forums and Tumblrs are as important as some say, then she's no more popular among posters now than she was five years ago. Hair, posture, wardrobe malfunctions several times, woodenness, lack of speech making abilities, all criticised. As for her family, Carole is very much criticised, and we have uncle Gary and a stripper cousin who had an act in which she danced with a crown on her head. Yeah, very classy!

Cat00

^^^

Grace Kelly did not have such a clean story. She had affairs with several Hollywood actors before marrying the prince and was also reputed to be a nymphomaniac :lol: :lol:. I also don't understand this hostility to Meghan. She is intelligent, educated, discreet, speaks very well and studied in good schools , had good training . What's the problem?

sandy

Quote from: Kinkade on February 06, 2017, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: sandy on February 06, 2017, 02:56:13 PM

The simple fact that Meghan is so talked about on the internet, blogs, comments on the papers is ALREADY CONTROVERSIAL. No way denying that. TPTB just need to clean up her image. In the first place, if they didn't care about her image or Kensington Palace's image, they wouldn't have needed to state that stupid, contrived, spoiled statement.

NO, Princess Grace may not have been an 18 year Diana with a clean history. But she also WAS NOT DIVORCED, NOR CO-HABITATED AGAIN with another man. She also (luckily for her), did not live in an age w/ the internet and social media, where every single thing in your past can be googled in less than 2 seconds.

Really... what would Meghan's family be asked to "contribute" to a royal wedding? You mean like the new, bespoke diamond drop earrings that Kate Middleton's parents gave her for her wedding? (to say the least) I thought Meghan's dad was in hiding and in financial trouble? Or would Meghan's parents be able to throw lavish parties for her daughter before marrying Harry. Or maybe they can block a couple of floors or rooms at some lavish hotel for her wedding. Maybe they can afford McQueen gowns for her and her entourage?

DO I sound mean and snobbish? because yes, my point exactly, we're talking about the BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY, they are rich, elite and snobbish. Don't deny that. They drove Princess Diana, (who was already from aristocracy) to the brink of despair. To be accepted into that family would take a lot. And Kate's parents ALREADY have money and decent respectability, and YET Kate has still to play by the rules and be the lawful, obedient wife.

And yes, like everyone here points out, Harry isn't expected to be like William so he can marry someone like Meghan. He's also not EXPECTED TO bring children to continue the line. Whether Harry and Meghan have children won't be the BRF's concern (yes, it's harsh, but let's admit it, true). SO back to my point, if Harry & Meghan become the second Duke & Duchess of Windsor, live a lavish but out-of-the-limelight life, I don't think there would be any problem at all for them.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 03:20:14 PM

Actually, Prince Rainier seriously considered Marilyn Monroe as a bride and she was twice divorced by then.  Grace Kelly  had affairs with married actors that certainly would have been known.

Not expected to have children? that is a big harsh. What if he wants Children? I never heard of the royals forbidding couples to have children.

As far as snobbishness, Kate Middleton has a controversial Uncle, she and Pippa were called the Wisteria Sisters, and her mother is not exactly popular with everybody. Camilla was and is notorious because she was a key factor in the breakup of Charles and Diana's marriage, not only a divorcee. Meghan did not break up a royal marriage.

Obey has been left out of royal ceremonies. Kate still gets slammed even though she got to marry William.

Double post auto-merged: February 06, 2017, 03:37:55 PM

Quote from: Cat00 on February 06, 2017, 03:31:49 PM
^^^

Grace Kelly did not have such a clean story. She had affairs with several Hollywood actors before marrying the prince and was also reputed to be a nymphomaniac :lol: :lol:. I also don't understand this hostility to Meghan. She is intelligent, educated, discreet, speaks very well and studied in good schools , had good training . What's the problem?

I don't get all the hostility either to the point of some not wanting Harry and Meghan to have children because the have to "wait".

Kinkade

IMO... Queen Maxima may have been tainted by her father/family's history, but not her history. She was not divorced, she's highly educated and very charismatic. Let's admit it, time was on her side.

I never read anything bad about Princess Marie. Princess Mary on the other hand.. well... I think Mary & Frederk's likability is still debatable and the Queen is ever so popular, she won't abdicate.

Marie Theresa's only strike against her was that her ancestry came from bourgeois Spanish ancestry. But she came from a respectable and rich family. She was also well educated in a Univ in Geneva. She and Henri met when they were young and in love. I don't see past lovers/husbands/live-in partners casting shadows anywhere. Her case is A LOT different from Meghan.

Basically, Meghan doesn't even come close to Princess Angela of Lichtenstein. Angela Gisela Brown came from respectable background, well educated, no controversial past lurking on the internet. She has innate grace, elegance and most important, not an attention loving character.