The Monegasque Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, July 20, 2020, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A thread to discuss the Monegasque Royal Family's news and articles not related to royal duties.

Prince Albert?s daughter diagnosed with COVID-19 ? Royal Central

QuoteIn the video, she says that she received the diagnosis three days ago but was not shocked by it as she had been experiencing symptoms for over a week. She explains that she had been social distancing, only going out for groceries and wearing a mask. She added that she had a scratchy throat and felt ?off? and developed a high fever. She also states that she is now feeling okay and doing a lot better. She says, ?I think the worst is behind me.?

Jazmin is the eldest daughter of the reigning Prince of Monaco but she is not in the line of succession as her parents were not married at the time of her birth. She has a younger half-brother who is also illegitimate, Alexandre Grimaldi-Coste, and two younger half-siblings Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carlad?s, and Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco, who are in the line of succession.

Prince Albert was diagnosed with the same illness in March but he was out of danger by early April and able to come out of isolation.

QueenAlex

I hope she is Ok but its a warning that young people can get it..

TLLK

TLLK

Royal Year in Review: Monaco ? Royal Central :snowflake: Like with many royal families their activities were reduced due to COVID. Prince Albert was the first monarch to test positive for the virus. Coincidentally the UK's PoW was at the same event and later was diagnosed with COVID.

Quoteecause of the pandemic, the Princely Family of Monaco was not overly active in 2020. Here we take a look at some of their engagements in 2020:

TLLK

Prince Albert's traditional New Year's Eve message to the Principality of Monaco. :snowflake:

Video in French- Palais Princier de Monaco - Prince's Palace of Monaco - Message de voeux de S.A.S. le Prince Albert II et de S.A.S. la Princesse Charl?ne pour l'ann?e

Prince Albert tells Monaco ?we will overcome this ordeal? ? Royal Central

QuotePrince Albert II of Monaco has used his traditional New Year?s Eve message to speak of his hope for the future and his determination to lead his nation towards better times.

Speaking in French, the Sovereign Prince looked back on a year he believed would ??remain etched in our memories, marked by doubt, fear and pain as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that has spread across our planet?.

Albert, who contracted coronavirus in March but who has since made a full recovery, said ?the damage wrought by this epidemic goes further than the health situation. Every sector has been weakened, and the effects will last several years.? He went on ?this health crisis has turned our routines and everything we know upside down. It has forced us to draw on all our intelligence, to think carefully about every aspect of our existence. We must not stifle that process. On the contrary, we must amplify it. The vitality and resilience of our minds and spirits are crucial at the moment when we are most  in need of light, warmth and diversion, to ensure we are not overwhelmed by discouragement.?

TLLK

Princess Charlene Addresses Criticism Over Half-Hawk Haircut | PEOPLE.com :Jen:

FB
Tweet
Princess Charlene of Monaco
Princess Charlene of Monaco
| Credit: SC Pool - Corbis/Corbis via Getty

Monaco's Princess Charlene doesn't care what you think about her buzzcut.

The royal is opening up about her dramatic new "half-hawk" haircut in a new interview on Wednesday with French magazine, Point de Vue, saying that was her "decision." And that once the shock wore off, her husband Prince Albert has grown to like it!

Charlene, who turns 43 on Monday, debuted her new look on December 16 at the Palace's annual Christmas party. Asked whether as a public figure she has found a way of dealing with the criticism that followed, she launched into a quick defense.

"This haircut was my decision," she responded. "It seems that it has provoked all kinds of comments. But it turns out that I wanted it for a long time, the style pleases me. That's all."

Curryong

Why should Charlene care about others' opinion of her haircut? Does she burst out on Twitter etc with criticisms of courtiers and observations on ordinary people's clothing and hair she sees on the street? Of course not, and IMO far too many people burst forth daily with diatribes about others when really none of it is their damn business. Charlene has always been quite edgy in her fashion choices, and if she likes her haircut (and she says she does,) then perhaps critics could take note and just shut up.

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

I like the brilliant colors of the Easter eggs. They must have taken a long time to color.

Blue Clover

The haircut is very trendy and extreme for a woman her age, its more of a teenage style around here. I'm not sure if that's the case in Europe. She looks pretty with it.

Curryong

Well finally the Palace in Monaco has jumped into gear with the speed of a lame tortoise, or rather Princess Charlene has issued her own statement about why she hasn?t been back to Monaco for months after her looong stay in SA working with her wildlife Foundation. And why she will unfortunately miss her forthcoming  tenth wedding anniversary to Prince Albert.

Charlene has unfortunately contracted an ear, nose and throat infection that has required multiple procedures in the months she?s been away in her home country. She issued a statement explaining why she has been in Monaco only once since January by disclosing this condition which requires her to stay put in SA for now. It appears more operations may be necessary.

Twitter and gossip sites have been aflame with theories about why she hasn?t been seen in Monaco for months and so this statement may quell the rumours for now. Albert and the children visited her in South Africa in May, and are likely to visit again soon.

No Cookies | The Chronicle

Amabel2

how did she manage to come back to Monaco, if she was ill during Easter?  I think she was back then.....

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 25, 2021, 02:17:33 PM
how did she manage to come back to Monaco, if she was ill during Easter?  I think she was back then.....

I think that was the once since January trip I mentioned. I can?t help thinking Palace PR or hers hasn?t been handling this particularly well. If Charlenr has had such a severe condition for a while why issue photos of her smiling away on various occasions in SA this year and why hasn?t news of this serious ear, nose and throat condition been mentioned before now? Why wait until keyboard warriors start rumours? Anyway, it looks as if the already postponed  ten year anniversary celebrations are going to be long distance ones.

Amabel2

All very odd IMO.  I do wonder about them.  Did she get some infection after Easter?  How long has she been in SA?  Seems like a long time...and Albert is out and about all the time lately with the kids.  If she's gotten fed up iwth Monaco, the trouble is that she can't really just live outside it as she appears to prefer SA.  And that's a long way for a ruler like Albert to travel....plus even if he did wnat to abdicate their son is way too young to take over.

wannable

She can take a private jet to the Principality of Monaco, where her husband is the ''head'' of state. It's not like there is somebody above him in that decision or that his people would be against it. It's to date since the start of the pandemic, one of the most free places in planet earth, like if nothing has happened C19.

Curryong

I don?t think it will get to abdication. And if we are talking about people being fed up with a country we?ve only got to look at MT of Luxembourg who spends half of her life in Biarritz since she fell foul of the Luxembourg Court.Though at least Henri and MT are close.

I really don?t know what to make of Albert and Charlene?s marriage. Did they come to some sort of arrangement after the wedding at which she constantly cried? And they weren?t tears of happiness! If she intends to stay on in SA what is going to happen about the twins. I know they are seen a lot with their father and Monaco is their home but surely Charlene intends to return some time this year, health permitting of course.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 25, 2021, 02:57:32 PM
She can take a private jet to the Principality of Monaco, where her husband is the ''head'' of state. It's not like there is somebody above him in that decision or that his people would be against it. It's to date since the start of the pandemic, one of the most free places in planet earth, like if nothing has happened C19.

That may be so, but speaking as someone whose ears pop whenever I?m on a plane I?m not sure that someone with a serious ear condition should be travelling on jets. And if the marriage has hit a trough Charlene might not want to return to Monaco any time soon, whatever the freedoms of the place.

Amabel2

I think with Maria Teresa it is more that she's not popular in Lux, and is living outside it most of the time..  But Henri is able to visit her, she's not that far away and maybe, he plans to abdicate in due course and retire with his wife.  but Albert is younger and his children are only kids.. no way can Jacques take over. 
I remember the wedding and it did seem odd... and she has never been a very active princess.  But possibly she and Albert have gotten on OK as a couple... just she does not like MOnaco OR perhaps France either.  That's where the problem is... Mabye she put up  with it for some years and lately has become more fed up.. and is missing S Africa.  But she can hardly take the children, and they're not really close enough to see them as often as she would presumably like....

Curryong

What I found strange about Albert and Charlene?s union was the honeymoon spent in separate hotels. Albert said it was ?for practical reasons?. What!! Still I suppose it will all work it?s way out somehow, given time.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on June 25, 2021, 03:04:05 PM
That may be so, but speaking as someone whose ears pop whenever I?m on a plane I?m not sure that someone with a serious ear condition should be travelling on jets. And if the marriage has hit a trough Charlene might not want to return to Monaco any time soon, whatever the freedoms of the place.
I think she does have some health problems, and she can harldy fly if this ear infection hasn't cleared up.  But I think that there's more to it than that.  Albert seems to be out doing engagements a LOT wiht the kids.. and Charlene seems IMO to have become homesick for her native Land and perhaps does not want to go on living in Monaco..Grace spent a lot of time in Paris... but that's not that far away....

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on June 25, 2021, 03:18:14 PM
I think she does have some health problems, and she can harldy fly if this ear infection hasn't cleared up.  But I think that there's more to it than that.  Albert seems to be out doing engagements a LOT wiht the kids.. and Charlene seems IMO to have become homesick for her native Land and perhaps does not want to go on living in Monaco..Grace spent a lot of time in Paris... but that's not that far away....

Yes, there?s a great difference between a wide brown land like South Africa and the tiny and cramped Monaco, beautiful though some views of it are. And Charlene was brought up in an informal type family atmosphere as well. She?s an outdoors and sporty type of gal who obviously loves animals.

However, Grace suffered from homesickness for the US and specifically for Hollywood and her friends there + acting career etc. She didn?t bolt back when her children were small and spend months in LA. Her marriage was certainly no idyll but to me there was more of a bond between Rainier and Grace than the relationship between Albert and Charlene. They?re cordial enough with each other, in public anyway, but whether what they have together is enough to sustain a life long marriage is debatable. Anyway, time will tell!