The Wales' Health and Emergency Services Patronages and Charities

Started by TLLK, November 27, 2015, 11:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

London's Air Ambulance Charity raised a record 944,000 pounds from a gala attended by its patron, the Duke of Cambridge.

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/1518976746682556423?s=20&t=b4eLv2fmfuONAOEw-PLWwg

PrincessOfPeace

We are delighted to announce that the updated amount raised at this year's Gala Ball reached over 1 million! 

A staggering 1,020,000 pounds was raised on the night - enough to fund over 400 potentially life-saving missions.

https://twitter.com/LDNairamb/status/1519671852511240192?s=20&t=jUr1nF3rQ7XLaP_lX-c3aw

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

William is in maroon scrubs today as he views a procedure at the Royal Marsden.

Short video of the procedure that he observed.

Prince William Gets His Scrubs On at Royal Marsden - YouTube

PrincessOfPeace

It's not everyday the future king drops in!
Thanks to Prince William for visiting NHS staff at #IpswichHospital today. The prince thanked staff and found out more about our local NHS.

#LoveYourNHS

https://twitter.com/ESNEFT/status/1624090757324845057?s=20&t=yA3NEPQimeWKhKnqrxwkxw

wannable

He went to two places today close by.

EEAST Ambulance Service
@EastEnglandAmb
It was an honour to host Prince William today at our Ipswich station!👑

More photos to come next week... 👀

Kerry Gaskin
@kerryjgaskin
Service Delivery Manager for Performance Improvement
@EastEnglandAmb
Colchester, England

We were lucky enough to have a very special visitor today; Prince William arrived at Ipswich Ambulance Station today to show his support 😍
@EastEnglandAmb @EEAST_SuffolkE

TLLK

The Prince and Princess of Wales are visiting Hayes Muslim Center along with Disaster Emergency Committee charities today to meet with those trying to assist those affected by the recent earthquakes in Turkey and Syria.

https://twitter.com/decappeal/status/1633830132577361932?s=61&t=SLo5iiUhZ52O6n1B3sM_wQ

QuoteToday Their Royal Highness The Prince and Princess of Wales, visited @HayesMuslimC
, alongside DEC member charities. 

During the visit @KensingtonRoyal
thanked those involved in the aid effort and fundraisers helping communities affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria.

Video from today.

William and Kate Thank Volunteers of Turkey Relief Effort - YouTube

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

Eight years ago, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the NHS saved Jack's life following a horrific accident.

We reunited for a catch up with Jack at Windsor Castle ❤️

▶️ https://youtu.be/zaU2xI6mcYM

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales as President of the Royal Marsden opened the Oak Cancer Centre at The Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton today:

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/2/image?events=775987226&family=editorial

wannable

@KensingtonRoyal

After many years of hard work by @royalmarsdenNHS and @royalmarsden it was brilliant to see the Oak Cancer Centre open its doors today.
Thank you to everyone who has been involved in making this incredible Centre a reality 🙏🔬

The new state of the art research and treatment facility will bring patients and researchers together under one roof to deliver the best possible care and outcomes for cancer patients not just at The Royal Marsden but around the world.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 08, 2023, 01:27:25 PM
The Prince of Wales as President of the Royal Marsden opened the Oak Cancer Centre at The Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton today:

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/2/image?events=775987226&family=editorial
Glad to see that the new facility has opened for its patients.  Also wonderful to see William reunited with his former mentor from his 2005 internship with the hospital.

PrincessOfPeace

Kensington Palace: Prince William has become patron of a new appeal, launched today, to create The Fleming Centre, which will drive a global movement to tackle antimicrobial resistance -

Appeal to build The Fleming Centre launched, with Prince William as Patron | Imperial News | Imperial College London

wannable

@KensingtonRoyal

Proud to support #AirAmbulanceWeek 🚁

Thank you to all the pilots, paramedics, doctors and staff whose swift response and life-saving efforts make a profound difference in critical moments ❤️
Air Ambulances UK
@AirAmbulancesUK

Today marks the start of #AirAmbulanceWeek! 🚁

Did you know each air ambulance mission across the UK is funded almost entirely by the generosity of local communities.

You can play your part this week by helping us to deliver the message that we can?t save lives without you.

TLLK

Prince William wrote the forward for London's Air Ambulance booklet on grief.

Prince William: ?Unexpected loss of a loved one can be profoundly difficult to process?

The Prince of Wales has said the sudden loss of a loved one can be ?profoundly difficult to process? in his foreword for a booklet about bereavement.

The heir to the throne ? a former first responder for East Anglian Air Ambulance whose own mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, died in a car crash in 1997 ? wrote that ?some solace? can be found, however, in the sharing of experience.

In his foreword for the book published by London?s Air Ambulance Charity, of which he is patron, the Prince said: ?No two experiences of bereavement are ever the same.

?The sudden and often unexpected loss of a loved one can be profoundly difficult to process, even with the passing of time.?

The Prince of Wales has said his time as an air ambulance pilot, between March 2015 and July 2017, profoundly influenced his focus in advocating for charitable mental health initiatives.

His first call-out as a pilot was to the suicide of a young man, which he later revealed led to him thinking more deeply about the mental health pressures on individuals.

The bereavement booklet brings together the experiences of 12 families who share what it was like for them to unexpectedly lose a loved one.

Nightowl

Some people seem to forget that William also suffered the loss of his mother at a young age, and yes he was young.  At least William has not made money off the loss of his mother like some have. We all I think have suffered the loss of someone we love yet we all deal with it I would like to think in a positive way to move on yet some never let go of it and suffer on and on and on till it is all they have to talk about.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on September 22, 2023, 10:13:51 PM
Some people seem to forget that William also suffered the loss of his mother at a young age, and yes he was young.  At least William has not made money off the loss of his mother like some have. We all I think have suffered the loss of someone we love yet we all deal with it I would like to think in a positive way to move on yet some never let go of it and suffer on and on and on till it is all they have to talk about.

Both Diana?s sons were young when she died. However, William at 15 had had the benefit of an extra three years with her, and was a teen, while Harry, still only twelve (almost 13) was still a child. And she died near to his birthday. As someone who lost their own mother at 11 I can assure you there?s a great deal of difference in dealing with grief at 15 in comparison to how it?s dealt with at twelve.

What money has Harry specifically made out of Diana?s death? And if it?s just talking about her both sons talked in public at the time of the Diana Memorial Concert and then much later on, at the 20th anniversary of her death they BOTH sat down and talked in an interview about memories of their mother.

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on September 22, 2023, 10:13:51 PM

Honestly now that it's been 26 years since Diana was killed in the car accident, I understand that there is an entire generation that would not know her. So there are times when both William and Harry will tell that story especially if they're with younger people who might not know that she died when they were young. I believe that what William stated in the forward is very true, "No two experiences of bereavement are ever the same.

?The sudden and often unexpected loss of a loved one can be profoundly difficult to process, even with the passing of time.?" Every person has to deal with this sudden loss in their own way.
Both brothers have participated in honoring her memory with events such as the concert in 2007 and the statue at Kensington Palace.

Nightowl

I get what you all are saying, yet I have read so many times about Harry talking about his mother like it was yesterday.......William does NOT talk about his mother everytime there is a mic in his face......only once in a great while (so if anyone finds William talking all the time when a mic is in his face let me know).  It is NOT AGE that has to do with grief and it is how each one of us deals with it in our own personal way and yes I also have suffered grief deeply besides my sister, she is the one who helped to deal with it and learn from it.......Harry imho uses the death of his mother as that is where he is comfortable in talking and maybe it helps him deal with it at this age, yet he needs to put it to rest and work on his life NOW with Meghan, not what happened to his mother all the time.  I think Harry uses his mother as a crutch to lean on when in talking to people or giving an interview. 

Grief has NO time limits ever yet to grow we have to deal with it and Harry is NOT dealing with a full deck anymore....

Ok let the fireworks begin.......LOL

TLLK

@Nightowl-Likewise I do get what you are saying. However I have noted that over the past 26 years both William and Harry, have had some criticism for mentioning Diana and the impact of her death in their lives. Personally I find that a bit unfair because typically they're responding to questions in interviews. Other times it's when they were at events that were related to mental health, bereavement etc...

wannable

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

The Prince and Princess of Wales will carry out engagements across the country next week to mark #WorldMentalHealthDay, which takes place on Tuesday 10th October. Details to follow in due course.

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales attended the London's Air Ambulance Charity Gala Dinner in London this evening:

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images