Princess Anne Foreign Tours and Official Visits

Started by TLLK, May 07, 2019, 07:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Princess Cassandra

Her voice sounds so much like the Queen's.  I'm happy she made her speech in French, and I'm sure those in attendance were, too. 

corydora

I am impressed by her command of the French language. Really, most everything she does impresses me.
Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: corydora on May 16, 2019, 12:03:18 AM
I am impressed by her command of the French language. Really, most everything she does impresses me.
I agree she is an impressive person, and it's great that she made the effort to read her speech in French. The French always appreciate efforts to speak their beautiful language.  The Princess has a lamentable accent, but full marks to her for the effort!

TLLK

Princess on Parade: Anne visits troops in Estonia ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Princess Royal has donned khakis for a visit to British troops in Estonia. Anne spent a day with soldiers currently deployed with NATO as part of a visit to the Baltic State.

The visit to Tapa Military Base was part of a packed day in Estonia for Anne. The princess carried out a string of engagements there on May 30th culminating with her trip to see the Army in action.

Blue Clover

Hardworking Princess Anne!  :goodpost:

Princess Cassandra

Yes, she is very hardworking, and she doesn't get a lot of press. I'll bet she likes that, and just wants to get on with the work without a lot of fuss....like her father. 

TLLK

Anne in Paris today as Colonel of the Blues and Royals.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1445049120406835210

QuoteAs Colonel of the Blues and Royals of the @HCav1660
, The Princess Royal visited the Garde R?publicaine in Paris, where HRH watched a military equine display 🐎

The Garde R?publicaine is twinned with the Household Cavalry of the @BritishArmy

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

TLLK

Princess Anne and Cmdr Timothy Laurence on Day two in Australia.

Day two of Princess Anne's trip to Sydney | 7NEWS - YouTube

QuoteIt's only been a short visit but Princess Anne's trip to Sydney has made a big impact.

Today she met the families of two RFS volunteers who lost their lives fighting bushfires in 2019.

PrincessOfPeace

The Princess Royal and her husband Sir Tim Laurence will visit Uganda next week. A busy programme of engagements will focus on helping people out of poverty, supporting child refugees and the provision of workplace skills and safety.

https://twitter.com/CameronDLWalker/status/1582732602171006979?s=20&t=EzWFSgN7JpFJBxgVPc01fA

PrincessOfPeace

We are excited to welcome Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal to Uganda. The Princess Royal visited @MRC_Uganda
today to observe the work they are doing in health research for infectious & non-communicable diseases such as COVID-19 in Uganda, with support from @LSHTM

https://twitter.com/UKinUganda/status/1584937011554975744?s=20&t=z887JAouOakvEPGlVPGmHA

TLLK

Today, October 26, Princess Anne and husband Tim attended the official launch of a Opportunity Bank Uganda branch in Nakivale Refugee settlement Isingiro District.

:thanks: @PrincessOfPeace for keeping us updated on all of the domestic and foreign work that the BRF members are doing.

TLLK

How awful. More on this very sad story.

Princess Anne?s sadness after fire breaks out at a school she was due to visit in Uganda killing 11 people ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Princess Royal has sent her thoughts and prayers to a school in Uganda after a devastating fire broke out days before she was due to visit.

Princess Anne has been in Uganda this week alongside her husband, Sir Timothy Laurence, and had been due to visit the Salama School for the Blind in the Luga village on Friday, but a tragic fire broke out in one of the dormitories and killed 11 people on Tuesday.

In a statement, Her Royal Highness said: ?I was shocked to hear the news of the tragic loss of life. The work of Sense International across many countries is hugely appreciated, working with such a vulnerable group of children. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and staff.?

Princess Anne is patron of Sense International, a charity working to support deafblind people around the world, and was scheduled to visit the Salama School for the Blind through her work with the charity.

Princess Anne will now meet with Sense International at its headquarters in the capital city of Kampala, meeting charity officials and some of the families they support; as well, she will pay her respects to those who lost their lives.

TLLK

The Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence will travel to the Falklands Islands from November 17-22, 2022.

Princess Anne will visit the Falkland Islands November 17 to 22 ? MercoPress

Princess Anne will visit the Falkland Islands November 17 to 22
Tuesday, November 1st 2022 - 10:15 UTC
Full article
6 comments
The Princess Royal back in 2016 meets Falklands' authorities and residents
The Princess Royal back in 2016 meets Falklands' authorities and residents

The Governor of the Falkland Islands has announced that Her Royal Highness, Princess Royal will be visiting the Falkland Islands between November 17 and 22. Her Royal Highness will be accompanied by her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence.

This is not the first time that Princess Anne has visited the Falklands, she also made a visit in 2016 which included South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands. The 2016 event, was in effect Prince Anne's first official visit to South Georgia, and was to mark the 100th anniversary of Sir Ernest Shackleton's Endurance expedition, on an invitation from the South Georgia Heritage Trust, SGHT of which she is patron. .

Nightowl

Princess Anne is most certainly a very busy lady these days....and I hope that Charles really appreciates all that she has done and will continue to do in the future. Her mother was always proud of her and still is when looking down from Heaven.....Anne is someone whom I greatly admire and respect. 

PrincessOfPeace

HRH The Princess Royal was received by President @AnastasiadesCY at the Presidential Palace today during her visit to #Cyprus.

HRH thanked the President for his contribution to #UKCYties during his time in office @IKasoulides @IrfanUKAmb.

https://twitter.com/UKinCyprus/status/1613127373557305345?s=20&t=8rzdyRlWqCcl3ZMhRAkiew

Nightowl

Love that Princess Anne still just does the job and carries on as her mother would want her to do. I love that jacket, that soft green plaid is very nice.

TLLK

The Princess Royal and Sir Timothy Laurence were in Estonia with British troops.

Princess Anne and Sir Tim Laurence visit troops in Estonia involved in NATO exercises ? Royal Central

The Princess Royal and her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, visited The King?s Royal Hussars at TAPA Military Base in Estonia.

The King?s Royal Hussars (KRH) is a Royal Armoured Corps regiment of the British Army to which the Princess has been Colonel-in-Chief since they formed in 1992. The regiment is part of Operation CABRIT, the codename for the UK?s deployment and its contribution to NATO?s enhanced Forward Presence.

Upon her visit, she and the Vice Admiral were greeted by His Majesty?s Ambassador to the Republic of Estonia, Mr Ross Allen. They also attended a dinner hosted by the country?s president, Mr Alar Karis. The president posted on social media that Estonia has a longstanding friendship with the UK as well as excellent cooperation. He also thanked the nation for its contribution to bolstering NATO?s posture in the region.

During the base tour, the Princess was briefed on the operation and shown the equipment used in Arctic Warfare. This was also an opportunity to meet soldiers in a multinational battlegroup. The group included Troops from Denmark, France, and the Scots Guards.

Less than a month into the new year, the visit to Estonia marked Anne?s third trip abroad since 1 January. Earlier in the month, she flew to Cyprus in her role as Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Logistic Corps. She also represented the British Royal Family alongside her husband at the funeral of the former King of Greece, Constantine II, in Athens.

The visit also marks the second official visit to Estonia by a member of the British Royal Family following the death of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Earl and Countess of Wessex met with British Army personnel in the country a few weeks after her death.

The Princess Royal last visited Estonia in May 2019 when she met with then-president Kersti Kaljulaid and visited Kadriorg Palace. The palace was built in 1725 for Peter The Great, a Russian monarch who ruled from 1682 to 1721.