Prince William at Diana Award - London Wednesday 02/11

Started by wannable, February 12, 2009, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

A spokesman for Robin, 59, said the musician had been approached by the Diana Award to become an ambassador with the "blessing" of the Princess's sons Prince William and Prince Harry.

At the reception was William and his brother's private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton.

Robin, who looked relaxed in a dark pinstripe suit, tie and blue tinted glasses, posed for pictures with his wife, then five Diana Award winners, who received their honours at the ceremony.

Speaking about Diana, whom he said he had met a number of times, Gibb added: "I thought she was a vibrant person and a great example to young people, she liked to live life to the full."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/entertainment_news/index.var.72653.0.gibb_says_baby_is_heaven_sent.php

:yesss:

Kate

WHAT??  Robin Gibb was approached by The Diana Award?? NO WAY!!!!NO NO NO NO!!
OMG... I just don't see it with the private life he lives and I don't mean just having a child with another woman!! No Way!! IMO... With the Princes's blessings??... I don't believe it !!! :cursingmad:
Holy cow... there are sooooooo many other reputable people out there to be given this honour! :( :(

Robin Gibb and Diana, Princess of Wales in the same breath, is revolting!!!! :madgirl:

Someone from that committee should be fired for even suggesting it!! :madgirl:

Alexandra123

Robin Gibb, of all people? I do hope the information is incorrect and he has nothing to do with anything that is associated with Diana.

Dizzy13

I just have one ?, why no pics of William at an event that is named after his mother?  Seems fishy to me until I see him there.
I was hoping for some official pics.
Be still my heart...Wills come to Canada...keep me warm on those cold winter nights!

Berlin

Well he is in training, so I guess that would prevent him from being there.

I just can't believe Gibb was chosen.  I think this may show that William and Harry aren't really paying attention to this charity.  What a bloody shame.

guysguy

Satrine

I think Elton John would have been a better pick! If William was not there, than where was he?
"OUR LIVES BEGIN TO END THE DAY WE BECOME SILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER"

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

jolina

Robin, who looked relaxed in a dark pinstripe suit, tie and blue tinted glasses, posed for pictures with his wife, then five Diana Award winners, who received their honours at the ceremony.

Speaking about Diana, whom he said he had met a number of times, Gibb added: "I thought she was a vibrant person and a great example to young people, she liked to live life to the full."

I like what he said about diana.and thats great to see william and harry their

Satrine

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

Lucy

Great Scott if singers were eliminated on the demerits of private lives, or princes like Charles and Albert of Monaco, there would be no reps left.....Diana LOVED the BeeGees, based on their body of work:

Quote"Occasionally there will be someone like Diana who comes along. It may be another 50 years before there is another one."

Diana was a huge fan of Robin's band the Bee Gees and met them several times.

Her sons Princes William and Harry gave their approval for Robin to be asked to be the Award's ambassador, which has been presented to 24,000 young people since 1999.

Robin - who attended wearing a pinstripe suit and blue tinted glasses - posed for photographs with five winners of the award.

Among them were Nicole Drysburgh, 19, whose book ?The Way I See It' details how she has overcome a range of illnesses since she was 11, including tumours, a brain haemorrhage, Bells Palsy, a stroke and subsequently becoming deaf and blind.

Look at that,  24,000 since 1999. Now that's the important bit.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/royalwatch/news/article_1458886.php/Princess_Dianas_Bee_Gee_ambassador

DIANISTA # 1

Berlin

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.  Well I guess I can see why they chose him.  And I like what he said about his new baby.  Babies are blessings and heaven sent even if they don't come in the most ideal circumstances.  Does anyone know if they will appoint other ambassadors?

Dizzy13

But where was William? No proof of him being there.
Same old Press....implying that he was there when he wasn't.  Where have we heard that before? And people wonder why we on the forum don't believe what the press says.  :wink:

I've never heard of the Diana Award before, I think it's great.  And if they chose someone whom she really liked, then why not?  She loved the Bee Jees and besides it sounds like he loves his baby and is very much into supporting he/she, and if Diana were alive today and they were friends I bet she would support him too.  I think they were thinking of her when they made the decision about Robin. :thumbsup:
Be still my heart...Wills come to Canada...keep me warm on those cold winter nights!

Kate

Diana may have loved the Bee Gees, as we all did, I know I did... but Robin and his life style??

I don't think so.. It would not have been a life style , that I see Diana liking, nor associated with, nor approving!  Swapping partners, same sex , sex  heing and sheing..  all together in sex....no way!!
Shame on the Diana Award's panel for not doing their homework!! Shame on Prince William for not doing his!!
This man is NOT ambassador for anything that is connected with Diana, Princess of Wales.  :(

guysguy

the award is not for someones lifestyle, it is, like diana was, for what they DO for charity and people, not about their PERSONAL lives. my god, i wouldn't base an award on diana if it had anythign to do with personal life! and it is nearly impossible to get a celeb who has a clean personal life, especially when you have to whittle it down even farther to only inlcude those whom make sense.

Satrine

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

guysguy

why does no one ask: why wasn't harry at the diana party? he is her son too

Satrine

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

Alexandra123

Harry is currently enrolled in his army training. However, there is no proof William was either; I am sure the newspapers would have printed some pictures if either William or Harry were there.

wannable

There is no pictures of anyone there, not even Robin or the recipients.  You may find lots of written articles from small sites, the big tabloids and broadsheet have not published it...

Satrine

With both Harry and Williams images needed all the help they can get, why would they not be there if not for a photo op for the press? Unless the pics will be released at another time. Has the story been picked up by any of the British press? I don't think so. Guyguy, you threw it out there so where were they and why are the press saying he was there when he was not per you? Maybe we should ask Robin Gibb?

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

Fitzhay

I am glad Princess Diana was a fan of the Bee Gees they are a great band, she had great musical taste...