Grand Duchess Olga escaped!!

Started by LouisFerdinand, May 29, 2017, 11:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Grand Duchess Olga of Russia did escape! She wrote numerous letters about safety.   
Russian duchess' letters show fear for Romanovs' safety | Daily Mail Online

Jennifer

It's interesting that the letters Grand Duchess Olga wrote to her Grand Duchess Xenia have finally been revealed. I'm surprised that her grandson is selling them to other people instead of giving them to a museum. I think it would be beneficial to have a special place where the letters can stay preserved and people can go and learn more about what happened in Russian history.

It was a hard time for both sisters because their family was being targeted by the Bolsheviks. Fortunately,  they had support from the White Army and were able to escape from the Bolsheviks. Of course, their brother (Tsar Nicholas II), his wife and children were murdered & didn't have a chance to escape from the Bolsheviks. The Tsar was a weak and unsuccessful ruler who made unwise choices. He gave into his wife Alexandra's demands of trusting Rasputin which ultimately led to their demise. I especially feel sorry for their children because they were innocent and had nothing to do with the choices they made or the circumstances that happened. After the Russian Revolution started, the children should've been sent to live with one of their aunts. I think they would've had a better chance of surviving.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

@Jennifer, Which of the children's aunts do you see Tsarevich Alexis and his sisters living with?

Jennifer

@LouisFerdinand , as a suggestion I said that Tsarevich Alexis and his sisters should've been sent to live with their aunts (Olga or Xenia) before 1917. I never said that they lived with their aunts before.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston