Princess Charlotte General Chat

Started by sara8150, May 02, 2015, 11:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Quote from: amabel on January 05, 2020, 02:05:33 PM
she does.  Sh is still herself even if she resembles other people to some extent.  Whats the point of say she SHOULD look like something if she does not.  If she resemebles Prince Charles, then that's who she resembles no matter if she "should" look like Kate.

Any human being should look like himself or herself.

TLLK

However it's not surprising that since we have our parents' DNA that we can see a resemblance to other family members.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on January 06, 2020, 12:59:43 AM
However it's not surprising that since we have our parents' DNA that we can see a resemblance to other family members.
Yes, I agree. And sometimes resemblances jump generations. I often see a resemblance in the POW's profile to his grandfather's profile. In fact, it's quite striking. 

amabel

Quote from: sandy on January 05, 2020, 11:16:41 PM
Any human being should look like himself or herself.

what does that mean?  People are themselves.. they may resemble other people quite closely but they are still themselves. Identical twins look very much like each other, but they are still tehmselves

Princess Cassandra

A few months ago there was a thread in which someone suggested that Charlotte looks a bit like Lady Sarah. Usually I think Charlotte looks like her mother's side, but I was watching a documentary in which there was a photo of Margaret's children when they were fairly young. Sarah looked to be about 7. They were seated on some steps and Sarah was looking off to her left.....the resemblance to photo's I've seen of Charlotte was uncanny. So, apologies to the person who suggested there was a resemblance, with which I disagreed. There is at least one pose where she does indeed look like Lady Sarah Chatto!

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 10, 2020, 03:03:33 AM
A few months ago there was a thread in which someone suggested that Charlotte looks a bit like Lady Sarah. Usually I think Charlotte looks like her mother's side, but I was watching a documentary in which there was a photo of Margaret's children when they were fairly young. Sarah looked to be about 7. They were seated on some steps and Sarah was looking off to her left.....the resemblance to photo's I've seen of Charlotte was uncanny. So, apologies to the person who suggested there was a resemblance, with which I disagreed. There is at least one pose where she does indeed look like Lady Sarah Chatto!

Children change a lot and sometimes there will show up a strong resemblance to some relative.. that fades away later. I tink that Charlotte looked a bit like the queen as a little girl but darker, which she got from Kate's side.  Now she's kind of not like anyone in parituclar.
There are pics of William where you can see Diana's looks very strongly but later he has become more like his father's side of the family...

sandy

Charlotte's looks changed as  she gets older although I never saw any resemblance to Sarah. Sarah is more of an Armstrong Jones in features, Charlotte has no Armstrong Jones DNA. Charlotte has looked like her grandmother Carole IMO. I never saw a resemblance to the Queen, she is only one of several great grandparents and Charlotte has a lot of other DNA.  Charlotte looks like herself. I see a lot of Spencer features in William but when he mugs he looks like Charles.

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 10, 2020, 03:03:33 AM
Yes it is startling to see the resemblance between the two at that age.

sandy

Sarah has a different chin than Charlotte. I hope Charlotte looks like herself. I see a lot of Middleton in her though. She does not have to look like a royal, she can take after her mother's side of the family.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on February 10, 2020, 02:25:38 PM
Sarah has a different chin than Charlotte. I hope Charlotte looks like herself. I see a lot of Middleton in her though. She does not have to look like a royal, she can take after her mother's side of the family.
Yes, of course she looks like herself...we are all individuals and even identical twins have their differences in looks. But there will be times, as Queen Alex said, that an expression we have will look like that same expression in a relative. And the Mountbatten-Windsor genes are very strong because there were so many cousins marrying cousins in their heritage, and as we know, the Queen and the DofE are related. Sarah and Charlotte both share those genes. I do agree that Charlotte looks mostly like the Middletons as a rule. Anyway, if I ever see this photo again I will post it, because it is so striking.

wannable

Why will she not look like a royal, when she is Royal.

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 11, 2020, 12:42:31 AM
Yes, of course she looks like herself...we are all individuals and even identical twins have their differences in looks. But there will be times, as Queen Alex said, that an expression we have will look like that same expression in a relative. And the Mountbatten-Windsor genes are very strong because there were so many cousins marrying cousins in their heritage, and as we know, the Queen and the DofE are related. Sarah and Charlotte both share those genes. I do agree that Charlotte looks mostly like the Middletons as a rule. Anyway, if I ever see this photo again I will post it, because it is so striking.

:thumbsup:

Yes it is very striking and the M-W genes have definitely left their imprint on the family members.

sandy

The recent generations did not marry cousins, so there is some new DNA introduced. Which is a good thing, so they won't necessarily have to look like Windsors. The Middleton Genes seem very strong as I see photos of the children. James Middleton and his nephew Louis have striking resemblances to one another, for instance. William and Harry have Spencer blood but also Windsor-Mountbatten in combination. I think Charlotte will look like Carole Middleton. Antony Armstrong Jones features are quite prominent in all his children including the ones from his other relationships. Sara grew up looking like him not her mother.

Princess Cassandra

Tonight I will be searching for that documentary again so others can see. I am not trying to say that Charlotte looks like her cousin. We all share genetic material from both sides of our families, and similarities pop up from time to time.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: wannable on February 11, 2020, 02:01:13 AM
Why will she not look like a royal, when she is Royal.
Princess Charlotte will definitely look like a royal when she is a Royal. Her father is Prince William. His father is Prince Charles, whose parents are Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.

LouisFerdinand

Has anyone compared Princess Charlotte's looks to her Spencer great-grandmother Frances Roche Spencer Shand Kydd?

wannable

Having mentioned Anne, Princess Royal, and the last of a dying breed.

I'd love to see Princess Charlotte go to the military (considering that her parents allegedly are prepping C and L for private careers) enabling the possibility of the pomp and ceremony use of UK military divisions, time will tell what her character is. For now, it's a nope IMO really, girly girl personality.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on November 14, 2021, 04:17:13 PM
Having mentioned Anne, Princess Royal, and the last of a dying breed.

I'd love to see Princess Charlotte go to the military (considering that her parents allegedly are prepping C and L for private careers) enabling the possibility of the pomp and ceremony use of UK military divisions, time will tell what her character is. For now, it's a nope IMO really, girly girl personality.
Although, she does seem to be very outdoorsey and physical, too. 

PrincessOfPeace

Happy birthday Princess Charlotte!

TLLK

:bday7:  Happy  7th Birthday to Princess Charlotte.

wannable

Happy Birthday (dead ringer of Dad William)

sara8150