Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: Kate Middleton is Lovely and we're very lucky

Started by wannable, March 24, 2011, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Pea

FanDianaFancy

I  agree  with sophie and sandy.
Diana will always be brought up.
She  is   W  and H mother. The  engagement  ring and  the  meida will always  bring  her up.It  is  unavoidable.
She is like the ghost  around   them  all and in  a  good way ,of course, to her kids, future-daughter-in-laws, grandkids to come.
Does H and W  forgive C?
Are they  buddies with  her?
I  suspect not.  To  hold her in  such high regard  after the pain and such  their mother went  through  as a  young teenage  bride,  young  mother,  just  unhuman. I am and I have   posted many times,  that I am  not saying there  shouldhateor grudges.
I suspect the  truth is in the middle.
Because they  were  mid   teens  when their  mother passed  away,   they  had good  memories of her and  she lived  just long enough  to have  a  very  good  imprint  on their lives in how  she  raised  them.
They also  know the  truth  about C  and C.
Of course, they  love, admire, their  father.
I suspect they  tolerate Cam . I assume they see just  enough of  her and even  their father  when they  have  to.
They are men  and have  their own lives.
They  were off  at school  too  after Diana  died.  How much  time  did they have  actually  have  to spend  under  the  same roof as C and her  kids  growing  up?
Those things  we really  do not know.
Photo opps, duty  times, does not show or make  a  loving, forgiving friendship .
I suspect,  W, H, and  Charles have  all mutually agreed, together  through advisors,even QEII herself, to show a  united  front. Civility.
It  is even  fair to say, Diana would wanted  it that way.  She had  C  and Cam took the lid  off  the  BFR.

As  far the BRF, Cam  saying they are lucky  to  have Kate.
Yes  ,  that is true.
They  are lucky  to have  her and Sophie ,DoW . These  women  seem  to  be  restoring  some dignity  and  mystic    back.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on April 05, 2011, 06:59:13 PM
Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 03:58:49 PM
I think Camilla does need to be advised, considering how she wanted to walk into the Diana Memorial up until the 11th hour.  If she didn't need to be advised, then there also would have been no need for Charles to hire Mark Bolland.

You know, Camilla may not have known exactly what to do in that situation.  She was in a no-win position all the way around.  She was invited by William and Harry.  What to do?  Turn them down and make it appear to Diana's sons that she had no respect for the memory of  Diana?  Or should she attend and anger those who thought it would be an insult to the memory of Diana?  I would bet she didn't know which way to turn, decided to go because to not go would be to insult her stepsons, and she may have been very happy for the decision to have been made for her.  I know that you will respond that she's an evil, horrible, tactless human being, and I think you may have been right at one time ... but I don't think you'd be right this time.  Just because some people are evil, horrible, tactless human beings at one time in their lives doesn't mean that they're evil, horrible, tactless human beings their entire lives.

Cindy

I agree. I dont think she particularly wanted to go, but it was problaby felt that if she didn't she would look like she was not willing to attend an event intended to honour C's first wife adn that it woudl be rude to the boys who invited her.....

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 08:03:29 PM
Right Dianab and certainly Charles could "suggest" the boys invite Camilla. I think they did it as per usual to please their dad but I don't see how in their right minds they could see Camilla striding into their late mother's memorial service given the circumstances.  I

so Harry and William were not "in theri right minds" when they invited Camilla?

amabel

Quote from: Princess Pea on April 05, 2011, 09:52:39 PM
I think half the British public have a long memory ....
I certainly dont agree.  THe British public are very prone to make a big fuss of someone, they can do no wrong adn then suddenly they can do no rihgt and are constantly critiicsed.  and I think that while Dis' more ardent fans ahve not forgotten her and to an extetn she still "sells papers"  the sort of emotions that were aroudn at the time of her death evapoared very quickly.  within a couple fo years, there was not a lot of people coming to KP on the anniversary of her death...

blackprincess92

camilla can speak of her liking towards kate or even give her all the advice she can give.....but will kate take her advice as genuine....probably not..

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

cinrit

Quote from: blackprincess92 on April 06, 2011, 12:05:09 PM
camilla can speak of her liking towards kate or even give her all the advice she can give.....but will kate take her advice as genuine....probably not.. 

It probably depends on what advice is being given.  We all listen to advice given by our friends and our elders ... we follow some advice and don't follow others.  Didn't I read an article here yesterday or the day before, that Kate is taking fashion advice from Sara Buys, Tom Parker-Bowles wife, who is a fashion editor at "Harpers & Queen" magazine?  I'd guess that Camilla pointed Kate in that direction.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

I daresay kate is old enoguh to manage herself and decide what advice to take

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 06, 2011, 07:58:36 AM
Quote from: sandy on April 05, 2011, 08:03:29 PM
Right Dianab and certainly Charles could "suggest" the boys invite Camilla. I think they did it as per usual to please their dad but I don't see how in their right minds they could see Camilla striding into their late mother's memorial service given the circumstances.  I

so Harry and William were not "in theri right minds" when they invited Camilla?

They wanted to please their Dad. Dad was calling the shots IMO. Did the boys have a choice really with Dad "suggesting" they invite their stepmum. But surely the would have to be totally brainwashed not to see how this would actually hurt their stepmother if she actually had showed up. I think they read the papers or at the least have advisors about. I don't think the boys are stupid. I think their father is quite frankly, particularly thinkiing it "OK" for Camilla to "honor" Diana.

Charles has had a track record IMO of using his sons to get Camilla accepted like having his PR have the story about WIlls inviting Camilla to tea "leaked" to every media venue worldwide. This was an occasion where deluded Charles thought he could show how the people have "warmed" to Camilla to the extent of her being welcomed at the memorial service for Diana (whom she made miserable whilst Diana was alive). If you want to believe it was all the boys idea amabel suit yourself but to me this had Charles' fingerprints all over it.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 06, 2011, 08:01:48 AM
Quote from: Princess Pea on April 05, 2011, 09:52:39 PM
I think half the British public have a long memory ....
I certainly dont agree.  THe British public are very prone to make a big fuss of someone, they can do no wrong adn then suddenly they can do no rihgt and are constantly critiicsed.  and I think that while Dis' more ardent fans ahve not forgotten her and to an extetn she still "sells papers"  the sort of emotions that were aroudn at the time of her death evapoared very quickly.  within a couple fo years, there was not a lot of people coming to KP on the anniversary of her death...

So you don't agree that public opinion swayed Camilla's backing out? There was a lot of negativity as the stories posted on this thread indicated. If they didn't have "long memories" as you insist, then Camilla could have strolled in arms linked with Charles grinning for those cameras and "honoring" Diana.

sandy

Quote from: cinrit on April 06, 2011, 12:23:16 PM

It probably depends on what advice is being given.  We all listen to advice given by our friends and our elders ... we follow some advice and don't follow others.  Didn't I read an article here yesterday or the day before, that Kate is taking fashion advice from Sara Buys, Tom Parker-Bowles wife, who is a fashion editor at "Harpers & Queen" magazine?  I'd guess that Camilla pointed Kate in that direction.

Cindy

I hope she's not taking advice from Sarah Buys who dressed rather tackily at a wedding. With the back of the skirt cut up to her hips in a really tawdry outfit (lke she forgot to put on a skirt). Heaven help Kate if she listens to Sarah Buys. I hope this is more PR spin for Camilla and her clan nstead of any sort of reality.

http://www.faz.net/imagecache/%7B743CBE6E-72DF-4154-A235-98736C5AF355%7Dpicture.jpeg

Image above of Sarah buys fashion sense.

SophieChloe

Quote from: sandy on April 06, 2011, 01:57:07 PM
This was an occasion where deluded Charles thought he could show how the people have "warmed" to Camilla to the extent of her being welcomed at the memorial service for Diana (whom she made miserable whilst Diana was alive). If you want to believe it was all the boys idea amabel suit yourself but to me this had Charles' fingerprints all over it.
I totally agree with you Sandy.  I also think that Charles it totally obsessed with her and would do anything to have her accepted as the future Queen.  Even as far back as the secret recording of them both, whilst married to Diana - Yuk - wish I hadn't reminded myself of that.  :o
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Princess Pea

I don't think Charles can have it which way all way, so to speak. You can be born Royal have all the trappings that brings have a massive Royal Wedding a suitable bride for an heir a long term mistress and then a kings crown on his head with that mistress as Queen . Eat your heart out The Tudors springs to mind. Don't think it wears well with the public some how.
But these days the royals don't seem to want to make sacrifices for their country.

amabel

Quote from: Princess Pea on April 06, 2011, 07:22:39 PM
I don't think Charles can have it which way all way, so to speak. You can be born Royal have all the trappings that brings have a massive Royal Wedding a suitable bride for an heir a long term mistress and then a kings crown on his head with that mistress as Queen . Eat your heart out The Tudors springs to mind. Don't think it wears well with the public some how.
But these days the royals don't seem to want to make sacrifices for their country.

the public are indifferent to Camilla's marriage to Charles.  HTey dont disapprove, they just dont take much notice of the RF.

sandy

Amabel how can you make such sweeping statements without any real proof? Were there surveys taken of EVERYBODY? And if they "don't disapprove" as I said Camilla could have sauntered in to Diana's Memorial Service with not a peep of protest or complaints.

Princess Pea

Well on a positive note I am pleased that William and Harry had Diana as a mother and not Camilla as they probably would not be now blessed with good looks.
Charles and Camilla offsprings - now that's an interesting thought to ponder

FanDianaFancy

OH  PP,LOL!!!
Gosh.  Too  funny.
We none know the real story.
I have said  this  and will repeat, believe  whatever Sweet  Camilla story or  believe  that nice  image  of  her   if you  want. If  you want  to believe the  opposite  way, fine.
One  thing  is  100%  true. A  known  and proven  fact  and  that  is if Kate  and William have  Cammilla  advising, butting in,  they  are doomed. The  best  way  for  a  couple  to  break a  marriage  is have  a third  partner join  in. Anytime  a  third  partner,  as  Cammilla was  in  D & C marriage  with  C wanting her there,  or when  a couple invites  parents, stepparents ,the marriage is OVER!!!
Only  time  will  tell  if  K gets  too  chummy  with  Sweet  Camiila.  Only  time will  tell  how  K  and  W  work at their  marriage.  Even though they  lived together  for  a  few  years, marriage  is still a little different.   They  have  not been  through  any  major  trying times   or  anything  like that as  a  couple.
It  can ahppen in  a marriage such  as waht the Edwards went through  in  having their  two children, Sophie's  mom passing away. Add  the scope  of  K's public  life  and  there  are  no  privacy  rules  anymore,  it is  a  lot.  I mean  by privacy,  things like when  she  gets  preggars,  magazines  are  count  the  date of  conception,  where  they  were,   to  the  due date.  Lots  of things  are  not   sacred or  just  theirs and  private or  the  norm. History  has  a  way  to  repeat  itself  if  you  let.  C  and  C could perhaps  help W  find  comfort  elewwhere  if  things  in the  marriage slide  perhaps...just saying  ,that's  all.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on April 06, 2011, 07:42:51 PM
Amabel how can you make such sweeping statements without any real proof? Were there surveys taken of EVERYBODY? And if they "don't disapprove" as I said Camilla could have sauntered in to Diana's Memorial Service with not a peep of protest or complaints.

Of course there are poeple who disapprove.  I never said that there weren't.  I said that the mass of people are indifferent.

FanDianaFancy

I agree  with  sandy and sophie.

Lets  take  out   if  Camilla was asked  to  attend  by W/H  or C  , QEII  herself!!
It  would have  been  great  for  the  media!
It  would have  been  scandalous for Camilla  to attend.
Talk  about a  hypocrite.  Talk about  Dancing on Diana's  grave.
What  a  mess that  would  have  been.
Totally  out  of  order.  Totally  classless.  Shameful. No  dignity. 

Annabel,  I  am  not British. I don't  know what  the  British  people.
I  will  take your  word  for   it  that  they  are indifferent...no  opinion  of  C and C.
Fine. Seems  to  me  they  had better  think  about  that  for  there  will  be  King  Charles  and  Queen  Camilla.
There is nothing  no  one can  do  about  this  future  K & Q  or  TBRF.
This will  effect  B  histroy  one  day and  the country.
The  USA is  indifferent  to  W/K, the wedding, C  and C,etc. Makes  no barring   one  way  or  another what the  BRF does.

amabel

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 09, 2011, 03:27:50 AM
I Annabel,  I  am  not British. I don't  know what  the  British  people.
I  will  take your  word  for   it  that  they  are indifferent...no  opinion  of  C and C.
Fine. Seems  to  me  they  had better  think  about  that  for  there  will  be  King  Charles  and  Queen  Camilla.
There is nothing  no  one can  do  about  this  future  K & Q  or  TBRF.
This will  effect  B  histroy  one  day and  the country.
The  USA is  indifferent  to  W/K, the wedding, C  and C,etc. Makes  no barring   one  way  or  another what the  BRF does.

that's fine.  THere's no reason why Americans should care about a royal wedding or a royal family in another country...
And the British quite accpet that there will be a King Charles and probalby a queen Camila.  Why shouldn't tehy?  it is not going ot rock the world.  They are a couple who do some charity work and representative work on behalf of hte Govt.  They are important to some people but not to all.  Most people accpet them as the figureheads they are, as long as they turn up and some work, and get on fairly quietly with their lives. 

anita

The  USA is  indifferent  to  W/K, the wedding, C  and C,etc. Makes  no barring   one  way  or  another what the  BRF does.

And as a European I feel that it doesn't matter what the USA "thinks " in these matters.

BTW it seems to me like the American media is not that indifferent to the wedding. They go OTT when you see it from over here. Why this enormous interest for a wedding that the American people are so indifferent to?

SophieChloe

Lets  take  out   if  Camilla was asked  to  attend  by W/H  or C  , QEII  herself!!
It  would have  been  great  for  the  media!
It  would have  been  scandalous for Camilla  to attend.
Talk  about a  hypocrite.  Talk about  Dancing on Diana's  grave.
What  a  mess that  would  have  been.
Totally  out  of  order.  Totally  classless.  Shameful. No  dignity. 
I agree - it would have been wrong on every level.  Mind you, I think her and Charles - after all the horrible things they did to Diana - should have, once married - retired off somewhere and live quietly - and not wheel her out for official duties, they could, afterall, live off the DOC profits - in luxury and quietly.  But then again, I am biased - I loved Diana   :blowkiss:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

Quote from: anita on April 09, 2011, 11:09:58 AM
And as a European I feel that it doesn't matter what the USA "thinks " in these matters.

BTW it seems to me like the American media is not that indifferent to the wedding. They go OTT when you see it from over here. Why this enormous interest for a wedding that the American people are so indifferent to?

Anita, you are correct on both counts.  I'm an American, and I agree that it doesn't matter what we think about anything that goes on in the lives of the Royal Family.  But some of us are interested, just as some Europeans are interested in, say, the Kennedy Family.

As for the American media being indifferent ... poppycock.  The wedding is all over the place in the media, even on my local news.  Every day, several times a day, the wedding is talked about on one television channel or another, in one program or another.  While the whole country is not immobilized with anticipation of the wedding, enough people are interested to keep the media busy finding more and newer topics to discuss relative to it.  If people weren't interested, the media would not be broadcasting it.  It is in their interest to air what people want to watch; otherwise, they lose their sponsors if the ratings fall.

Cindy

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on April 09, 2011, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: anita on April 09, 2011, 11:09:58 AM

Anita, you are correct on both counts.  I'm an American, and I agree that it doesn't matter what we think about anything that goes on in the lives of the Royal Family.  But some of us are interested, just as some Europeans are interested in, say, the Kennedy Family.

As for the American media being indifferent ... poppycock.  The wedding is all over the place in the media, even on my local news.  Every day, several times a day, the wedding is talked about on one television channel or another, in one program or another.  While the whole country is not immobilized with anticipation of the wedding, enough people are interested to watch; otherwise, they lose their sponsors if the ratings fall.

Cindy
seems to me that actualy ther's more coverage of it on American TV etc than there is over here

cinrit

Quote from: amabel on April 09, 2011, 12:29:43 PM
seems to me that actualy ther's more coverage of it on American TV etc than there is over here

Probably so.  We (well, some of us) get excited because we don't have all the ceremonial pomp and circumstance that goes on in the U.K.   We only get the really rare glimpse of it, so when there's a royal wedding, we (some of us) are very interested.  We've got nothing like it.

Cindy