Main Menu

Christmas Icons

Started by LouisFerdinand, November 26, 2018, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

When do the Christmas Icons begin?   :xmas22: :xmas22: :xmas22:

minglebells

i'm still trying to figure out how to put my profile pic up.

Blue Clover

@minglebells  The admins will help you with that  as soon as they can.  :nod:

minglebells

Blue Clover

LouisFerdinand

A joyous thank you for the placement of the Christmas Icons!       

:xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8:

TLLK

Thank you Administration and Moderator for the Christmas icons. :xmas4:

Blue Clover

Thank you! I love the Xmas icons and forum background!  :xmas4:

LouisFerdinand

When do the Christmas Icons begin?  :brr: :brr: :brr:

Windsor

Christmas has arrived at RIF.

:xmas21: :xmas7: :crazylove: :snowflake: :xmas4: :xmas17: :xmas1: :xmas15: :partaay:

TLLK

Blue Clover

:xmas21: :xmas7: :partaay: :xmas15: Tis the season! Thank you@Windsor!  :friends:

SophieChloe

For the record, I hate this Christmas format. 

Sorry to be a party pooper.  But I am finding it difficult to navigate around the forum.

Double post auto-merged: December 08, 2019, 02:31:54 AM

There used to be an option to return to the normal format.  Can't find it.  Does it still exist @Windsor @Jenee ?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Windsor

This has been changed for you.

Options is under Layout in your profile.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

LouisFerdinand

When do the Christmas Icons begin?  :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit: :knit:

TLLK

@LouisFerdinand - I'll put in the request to @Blue Clover :snowflake: .

Curryong

Will this do? A slightly confused koala ends up on a Christmas tree!

Koala wanders into family?s Christmas tree | 9 News Australia - YouTube

TLLK

:wub: :hehe: As you can see @Curryong I'm torn between "Awww" and "LOL."  I love wildlife/human stories with a happy ending.  :snowflake:

Curryong

Glad you liked the clip. It's unusual for koalas to venture into human habitations like that, but I guess with burned forests only just regenerating (Geez Australia's had one hell of a year!) and habitation disappearing it may become more common.

There was a case of a male koala doing the same sort of thing a while ago, only there was no Xmas tree and he was found examining the family's CD collection with great interest!

TLLK

@Curryong-Thoroughly enjoyed it but I have always loved animal rescue with a happy ending. I have to admit that I was startled to hear the koala growling, but of course they would and I wasn't surprised that the volunteer was bitten. You are right regarding the issues of habitat loss and human interaction.

Curryong

Yes, the poor little thing must have been terrified. People find it odd that koalas growl because of course they aren't really bears though they were often called by that name. They also cry exactly like babies when they are distressed. Koalas used to be hunted for their skins up until WW2 and the author of one of our most loved children's books lived in a country town in her middle age and would bribe locals to not capture and kill them.

Btw, the Xmas tree Koala is still enjoying herself up the same gum tree her rescuers put her near at the end of the clip. She's enjoying nicer leaves than the old plastic ones she tried to chew inside!

LouisFerdinand

When do the Christmas Icons begin?

TLLK

Hi @LouisFerdinand - As a moderator I don't have access to the functions and settings for the website, so unfortunately I can't turn it on. I have informed our administrator Blue Clover about the request but we'll have to wait until she can make them available. Thank you for your patience. :snowflake:

PrincessOfPeace

Love the Christmas theme. Please keep it until New Years