Belgian royal Christmas Card

Started by TLLK, December 21, 2016, 08:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

That's a lovely card. I think they are a very close family and it shows. Princess Elisabeth is so tall! She looks like her father's side of the family, can't see that much Mathilde in her! She's really growing up.

Jennifer

I agree, @Curryong. King Philippe and his family are definitely close! They always go to various events together like Christmas shows, National day celebrations and Car Free Days. A family needs this balance and unity so that it can function well.  It's really interesting how Princess Elisabeth inherited her father's looks and Prince Gabriel inherited her mother's looks. I noticed that to be true for some families where the daughter resembles the father and son resembles the mother.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

I only wish that would be possible with the extended family. Something is definitely off with Phillipe, Laurent, their parents and Astrid and it has been for years. King Albert kept his heir in the dark about his abdication plans for months and  it's obvious that Laurent isn't getting along with anyone now. It's all very sad. I'm glad that Phillipe and Mathilde have created a warm family life for their children though.

Jennifer

It's like King Philippe and his own immediate family were adopted. I don't know what is wrong with the extended family. They are quite different. King Albert and Queen Paola decided to live separately in Italy and not even attend much family events. Princess Astrid goes to some with her husband, but they don't even try to bring the children (even adult ones) along to go. Prince Laurent, as you mentioned, TLLK he just can't get along with the rest of his family. What a sad situation. I just hope they will go to a therapist for family consulting so they can be a more happier family.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston