The Netherlands-Birthdays and milestones

Started by TLLK, January 31, 2021, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 51st Birthday to Queen Maxima.

Happy 21st Wedding Anniversary to Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Queen Maxima!   

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

Curryong

Yeah for Maxi. A very happy birthday indeed!

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands will start at the University of Amsterdam in September to get a bachelors degree in Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE).

She went through the normal admissions process.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 30, 2022, 10:31:12 AM
Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands will start at the University of Amsterdam in September to get a bachelors degree in Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE).

My goodness, that is a very full degree!  I did politics as a minor in my degree and that alone required hours of study.

TLLK

I agree @Curryong. This is beyond what we'd refer to as a "double" major and more like a "quadruple" one.

Blue Clover

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 30, 2022, 10:31:12 AM

I am impressed! Congratulations Amalia! The perfect combination of subjects for a future Queen.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 17th Birthday to Princess Alexia.

TudorQueen

Quote from: Curryong on May 30, 2022, 11:12:21 AM
My goodness, that is a very full degree!  I did politics as a minor in my degree and that alone required hours of study.

I was thinking I wonder when we will get update on college and realize simply missed it.

@TLLK Its not quite a quadruple major. Its an interdisciplinary degree, so all 4 are treated almost as 1 major study wise. 3 year program.

Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE) - University of Amsterdam

I was surprised with Amsterdam. I thought maybe Leiden like her father and Uncle,and Margriet.

But both her Uncle Friso's widow Mabel and her father's cousin Maria Carolina studied political science and economics there,so footsteps to follow.

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

:bday: Happy Birthday to Princess Mabel!

LouisFerdinand

Happy Birthday to Princess Mabel!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

TLLK

TudorQueen

Several photos released for Princess Beatrix's birthday. Including a lovely portrait with the king and Amalia. :hearts:

Photos from Koninklijk Huis's post

Happy 85th birthday

TLLK

I absolutely love this three generations photo! I don't recall seeing a previous one unless we were to count any group photos from W-A's ascension.

More on the photo and Happy 85th Birthday to Princess Beatrix!  :bday7:

Three generations seen together on a special royal birthday in the Netherlands ? Royal Central

QuoteThe birthday of Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands has been marked with a new series of portraits including one of the country?s past, present and future monarchs.

Princess Beatrix is seen with her eldest son and successor, King Willem-Alexander, as well as his first born child and heir to the throne, Princess Catharina-Amalia.

The photos have been released to mark Princess Beatrix?s 85th birthday on January 31st 2023.

TLLK

For @Curryong as I know Maxima is one of your favorites. Happy 21st Anniversary to TM the King and Queen of the Netherlands who married on 2-2-02.

https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/status/1621132857614671872?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

TLLK

King W-A's tenth ascension anniversary will be marked by a special luncheon.

Short video of the luncheon promotion.

De Koning zoekt honderd mensen voor een feestelijke lunch - 10Maal - YouTube

QuoteA festive lunch

On the occasion of his tenth anniversary as King, His Majesty the King, together with Her Majesty the Queen, will be hosting a festive lunch at Huis ten Bosch Palace on Wednesday, April 26, 2023. A 10 times! For this he is looking for a hundred guests who in the eyes of others deserve a ten. Do you immediately think of that one person, that helper in need, that beacon in the neighborhood, that problem solver, pacesetter, reconciler, inspirer or connector? Then nominate that person with a short personal motivation. You can do this until Monday 20 February. King Willem-Alexander and Queen M?xima are looking forward to receiving a hundred guests who make a difference with their commitment to others and to their environment. A hundred people who may consider themselves very ordinary, but of whom you say: they deserve a ten!

TLLK

Wishing Princess Margriet a belated Happy 80th Birthday on Feb. 15. The DRF was present together at a ballet.

Photo from the ballet with the DRF in the background including her four sons and two of her many nephews.

Mobile uploads

TLLK

Birthday greetings go out to these members of the Dutch Royal Family.  Happy 16th Birthday to Princess Ariane! She is the youngest daughter of King WA and Queen Maxima.
Happy 48th Birthday to Prince Floris! He is the youngest son of Princess Margriet and Professor Pieter.

Koninklijk Huis on Instagram: "Prinses Ariane viert vandaag haar 16e verjaardag. #verjaardag #gefeliciteerd #prinsesariane #prinses #princess #ariane

:bday7:

TLLK

Happy Birthday to King Willem Alexander who also celebrates ten years of his reign on April 30th.

:bday: :crown:

TLLK

Happy Birthday to Queen Maxima !:bday:

TLLK

Congratulations to Princess Alexia on her graduation from United World College in Wales.
https://twitter.com/nuriatiburcio/status/1659915989025169408?t=-vwPzlapzsIf-cgRXtK8ew&s=19

Login ? Instagram

Curryong

Wow, a great achievement and Alexia should be very proud of this milestone. What?s next for her, I wonder. More tertiary study in the Netherlands? Then perhaps a year or two at a US or UK University to get a Masters? Plenty to  think about.

TLLK

I wonder if she will take a gap year like her sister Amalia?

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on May 20, 2023, 10:36:50 PM
I wonder if she will take a gap year like her sister Amalia?

Maybe. Gap years can be useful and handy for a breathing space father than nearly 20 years of continuous education. It is good I think to have a bit of a plan and maybe do some volunteering somewhere else in the world for a few months as well, as William and Harry did. Enjoying yourself, having fun, meeting new and different people, the world is wide open really at that age.