Camilla's Heritage and Arts Patronages

Started by Macrobug67, June 09, 2021, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug67

TLLK

QuoteThe Duchess had the opportunity to see costumes from some of the most famous dancers to grace the stage, such as Dame Darcey and Rudolf Nureyev, as well as an array of artefacts chronicling 100 years of dance history and the RAD?s role in the development of British ballet. The Duchess, who is a keen advocate for dance and recently spoke about how she takes the RAD?s Silver Swans classes, had the opportunity to pose at the ballet barre installed as part of the display with Darcey Bussell.
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall at the barre with Dame Darcey Bussell.

Dame Darcey Bussell commented: ?I was honoured to join The Duchess of Cornwall and Angela Rippon on a zoom call last year to announce Her Royal Highness as Vice-Patron of the Royal Academy of Dance. It was therefore very special to be able to join HRH today as we marked her first official engagement for the Academy. It was wonderful to see The Duchess take such an interest in this display marking 100 years of the RAD.?
:Jen:

Princess Cassandra

I think she will do a fine job.  She seems to take very patronage seriously and sincerely, as do all the working royals. 

TLLK

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/camilla-lands-her-role-at-last-as-she-replaces-meghan-at-the-national-theatre-vwdzn5s2s

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall is to become royal patron of the National Theatre, a role previously held by the Duchess of Sussex.

The Queen will give Camilla, 74, the prestigious role in the coming months, after stripping Meghan of the patronage last year when the Sussexes confirmed they would not return to royal life. Meghan was gifted the role in 2019 by the Queen.

Princess Cassandra

I'm sure she will do well - she seems really involved in all her patronages. By the way, I thought she looked terrific in that sparkling blue dress. It was certainly age-appropriate but also very flattering, very attractive, and very glamourous.

TudorQueen

Camilla has been named the new royal patron for the National theater

The Duchess of Cornwall announced as new Royal Patron of the National Theatre | National Theatre

This was a patronage that was given to Meghan that the queen had held for years.

TLLK

Here's more information on Camilla's new patronage.

The Duchess of Cornwall becomes Royal Patron of the National Theatre ? Royal Central

The Duchess of Cornwall is the new Royal Patron of the National Theatre.

The Duchess has been a long supporter of the arts and is known to like theatre, having an interest in literature, and drama specifically. The patronage is passed on from The Queen who has been associated with the National Theatre since its earliest days at the Old Vic in the 1960s. Her Majesty last visited the theatre with The Duke of Edinburgh during its 50th-anniversary celebrations in 2013.

Rufus Norris, the Director and Joint Chief Executive of the National Theatre, said of the Duchess?s new patronage: ?It is a privilege to welcome The Duchess of Cornwall as the National Theatre?s Royal Patron. The Duchess shares our belief that theatre enriches our lives in so many ways and that everyone should have access to the arts and creativity no matter where they are in the world. The Duchess has shown great support to our industry throughout the pandemic, and I look forward to working with Her Royal Highness for many years to come. I would also like to express my thanks to The Queen for Her Majesty?s long and unwavering support and service to the National Theatre.?

The Duchess is known to be an avid theatre-goer and regularly visits different art organisations across the nation and overseas. Most recently, she visited Theatre Royal Drury Lane with the Prince of Wales last July to discuss the importance and resilience of theatre at the 2020 virtual Olivier Awards. Also known as the Laurence Olivier Awards, the awards recognise excellence in professional London theatre.

The Duchess?s other arts-related patronages include Royal Society of Literature, Friends of The Royal Academy, The Royal Academy of Dance, London Chamber Orchestra, National Youth Orchestra, Theatre Royal Bath, Georgian Theatre Royal, and Unicorn Theatre for Children.

PrincessOfPeace

I thought for the life of me this was already announced.

Macrobug67

I did too.  I think I merged the dance and theatre in my mind.  Cams will be great at this. 

PrincessOfPeace

Today, April 27, the Duchess of Cornwall visited the National Theatre for the first time since becoming Royal Patron:

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Shutterstock Editorial

TLLK

Here's a video of Camilla visiting the National Theater since becoming its patron. The marionettes were expertly handled by the team and the Duchess was able to smash a prop plate.

Camilla has smashing time at National Theatre - YouTube