Duchess of Sussex PA Amy Pickerill handed notice, set to leave

Started by wannable, March 09, 2019, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

The Duchess of Sussex's loyal assistant private secretary Amy Pickerill is set to leave her role within the royal family. HELLO! can confirm that popular staff member Amy has handed in her notice, and is planning a move overseas. The news comes amid a number of staff changes between Prince Harry, Meghan, Prince William and Kate, as the foursome are thought to be splitting their royal households ahead of the arrival of Harry and Meghan's first baby, and their upcoming move to Windsor's Frogmore Cottage.

Meghan Markle to bid sad goodbye to close confidante | HELLO!

TLLK

Good luck to Amy as she sets off on a new adventure in life. Sorry for Meghan though as she's losing Amy.

Blue Clover

Amy seems like a lovely, intelligent, competent woman. I'm sure this will be a major loss to the RF. Wishing Any Pickerill the best of luck in her new pursuits.

Curryong

FanDianaFancy

Yes she is moving to another country so it is a bit hard to continue in her current position.

Yes yes, LoL, I am sure this too, was planned years and years ago. The other , Samantha, had already had plans to leave and so did the rest.
They all had put in resignation letters , had a send  off Good Luck Party,  :lol: LoL , and then took on a position with Meggie and DimDumb.

This makes Meggie look bad.
So why keep sending staff who are on their way out the door? :thumbsdown:

Curryong

IMO the Sussexes got temporary staff because the two households were going to be split anyway after Harry married. As the Queen aged it was recognised quite some time ago that the brothers would diverge. New staff will come in.

As well, because Meghan was so new in every sense, to the country and to the Royal life, the experienced Samantha Cohen was chosen as a six month backstop to replace ELF (Edward Lane Fox) who left after many years to look after his wife. Samantha has been at KP for longer than the six months she was to have originally stayed.

People do move on in their private lives and careers. What if Amy has a boyfriend who lives abroad and wants her to live with him? What if she can't stand the British climate any longer? (That's why I left Britain for Australia.)

And why call Harry derogatory names? Harry is not dim and not dumb. It's not nice and not necessary, and makes one appear childish IMO.

FanDianaFancy

The Dolittles, ok. Will not and Can not ,  ok. Harry, off limits. DimHarry.
Your opinion  :thumbsdown:  of  me being childish, ok. Whatever.

Fact remains so many staff left , 4, it makes her look bad.
Why send staff who are on their way out the door?  :teehee:

Yes, staff have career and real lives.

One  of Kate?s girls , one of the key 3 traveling ladies, is probably still on maternity leave .
Who knows if that lady is going to want to travel and leave her baby behind . No, WillKate don?t travel often, but they do.

Curryong

If you look back the one and only post in which I have referred to the Cambridges by those names was in reference to you calling Harry that name in a post.

In every other post where I have talked about the Cambridges, which admittedly is not very often as I'm not interested in them, I've referred to them as Will(iam) and Kate.

And I thought you were going to cut Meghan (a woman less than one year into Royal life) some slack, allow for some mistakes.

FanDianaFancy

I call him Dim because I want to.
I like it.

No one has to , should not, should, might...same as for calling the Dolittles unless they want to.

I like and dont like Meggie.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsdown:
I liked her more early on. Now, the shine is off.
Does she not have the proper staff?  Does she not listen? Why are they sent staff who are on their way out the door? It makes HER look bad and gives no hevmedia mire to bash HER about.
Yes, first year is very trying. Kate and dress fly ups...all the time. Until the final bare backside ***....weigh  the hems.
Kate and the hands in the hair swirling, twirling, flipping, twisting , and curling.
She finall figured it up. Hair pins .
Remember all these post we had of her. Oh, wait. The constant mugging and  monkey shine facial expressions. Omg, Kate figured out to ignore the cameras that will always be there.

I really want Meggie to get it all right, but it seems more errors than right.
I repeat, I think she should be given her maternity leave and the rest of the year. Learn, Have good staff , permanent staff.

TLLK

@FanDianaFancy - IMO it's a bit unfair to blame these latest departures on anyone. Amy is young and wants to make a life change in a new country. Samantha Cohen was always meant to be a temporary part of the Sussex household/staff.

Yes it is coming on the heels of two other departures, but honestly I believe that this is merely coincidental.

Curryong

The Royal protection officer wanted a change of direction in life and career and chose to do that. She left the Metropolitan Police altogether. Nothing to do with what Meghan did or didn't do. And incidentally, the RPO wasn't part of Meghan's staff, whatever spin the Fail put on it. It's senior officers in the Royal Protection Squad that decide which officer in the Squad will be assigned to which Royal.

wannable

The DM has staff and network all over, they will tell us sooner or later. Ed Lane Fox is a researcher at Harvard University, Melissa happily landed a 12 days a month job for the owner of the hotel where Doria and Meghan stayed the night before the wedding, her cv saved her...worked years for Madonna the diva and Robbie Williams the ick head.

The RPO resigned after the Fiji Market debacle. She probably took the fall
Amy after the BP party debacle. She probably took the fall.
Samantha downgraded to work for the wife of the 6th in line after working directly with the Queen. Normal company and large firm circumstances working for the president and then downgraded to janitors floor is invitation to resign. Seen it happen to colleagues, it's a blow. Anyway Sam is in the background, she isn't doing nor seen like Kate's Catherine Quinn nor her RPO, 9 years ongoing.

Perhaps she needs to hire friends to work for her???

Curryong

Resignations from the Royal Protection Squad do not inevitably mean a resignation from the Met. That officer could have gone back to work for the Met. She did not. She left the police force altogether.

And it is highly likely that Amy has left her job to settle in another country. Otherwise why say so. Why not just say she was moving on elsewhere? But of course, it's all Meghan's fault. Again.

And working for senior royals, the son of the Prince of Wales, is hardly a janitor role. If she was working for the Gloucesters or Kents, maybe.

And both the Wessexes and Princess Anne have had staff changes in the past few months.

Double post auto-merged: March 11, 2019, 06:14:24 AM

Sir Christopher Geidt, (now Lord Geidt and a Lord in Waiting at Court) the Queen's top aide, in fact resigned due to an internal power struggle which developed between Sir Christopher and Prince Charles's CH staff. Andrew interjected himself into the row as well. Samantha, Geidt's loyal assistant, resigned in solidarity with him but was persuaded to stay on in Royal service. All this occurred back in 2017.

Double post auto-merged: March 11, 2019, 06:15:13 AM

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/queens-top-aide-ousted-in-palace-power-struggle/news-story/cac9b7a1e36862ee9fee733cced0bbdc

Eri

All those people leave after Megan appears ... coincidence ... where are Pelly and Skippy?

Has Prince Harry ?Frozen Out? His Old Friends Now That He?s Married? | Vanity Fair

more like they won't hang out with Megan ...

Curryong

Harry doesn't club or party any more. How many times have you seen William out partying with his male friends since his marriage? Once, twice?

The fact of the matter is that once men of that class marry they become very private and visit friends privately. Sometimes they go on shoots on estates that aren't accessed by cameras. At least two of Harry's married friends provided attendants at the May wedding, Mark Dyer and Jakie Warren. All the rest were at the wedding.

It's in the media's interest to pretend that all Harry's friends have been dropped so they can paint Meghan as a domineering b**ch. Have photographers constantly hung about outside the homes of 'Skip, Pelly, Charlie Straubenzee and the rest? No! Therefore their comings and goings aren't known.

wannable

I believe in the christening we will know.  Like William and Kate, I think we will see old friends, although TVS, Pelly and 2 Van Cutsems are taken.

Curryong

People expected that all the little attendants at the wedding would be the children of Meghan's friends. In fact there were just as many on Harry's side. Harry has been friendly with both Tom and Charlie Van S. He was never great friends with the van Cutsems. He was a lot younger. No reason why Guy can't be godfather again, but I expect Mark Dyer, probably Tiggy and probably a cousin or two from the Spencer side to be chosen, as I think Harry is close to them.

wannable

They chose 5/10 each.  I don't know who Harry (and Meghan) hang around these days, by reports in the Cotswold, the Clooney's and Beckham's, and have hosted Doria, Jessica, Serena and Prianka.  The latest is they really like this peaceful place a lot and are thinking seriously in investing in a property.  I think its lovely.

William and Kate spend the weekends, as possible, if no activity or obligations in London, at Anmer Hall.  The couple have been spotted with their friends there; from the Viscount and Viscountess Coke (QEII, William, Kate have been spotted new years day) , the Van Cutsem, the Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley (these two really love W&K, the Marchioness supports Kate 100% charity EACH), Laura (nee Fellowes) and Nick Pettman, Davina (nee Duckworth Chad) and Tom Barber, and Laura and James Meade (we see them all the time during Christmas walks).  The family and these people have been spotted at their golden beaches, parties at a lake at the Buxton's....

Blue Clover

Quote from: wannable on March 11, 2019, 04:38:52 AM
The DM has staff and network all over, they will tell us sooner or later. Ed Lane Fox is a researcher at Harvard University, Melissa happily landed a 12 days a month job for the owner of the hotel where Doria and Meghan stayed the night before the wedding, her cv saved her...worked years for Madonna the diva and Robbie Williams the ick head.

The RPO resigned after the Fiji Market debacle. She probably took the fall
Amy after the BP party debacle. She probably took the fall.
Samantha downgraded to work for the wife of the 6th in line after working directly with the Queen. Normal company and large firm circumstances working for the president and then downgraded to janitors floor is invitation to resign. Seen it happen to colleagues, it's a blow. Anyway Sam is in the background, she isn't doing nor seen like Kate's Catherine Quinn nor her RPO, 9 years ongoing.

Perhaps she needs to hire friends to work for her???

Good questions to ask. :goodpost:  I think in the future someone will talk about what happened and we will have more details. It's hard to know what happened right now.

wannable

The royal employees don't have the best salaries in the market, although it IS compensated with the 'fact of working for the BRF'.  Melissa is earning above her previous KP salary, working 12 days a month versus 21 days a month. All that free time to do whatever hobbies she has and earning the same as her previous job.

When one finds out the 'fortunes' of ex colleagues, sometimes it helps trigger the risk factor of moving on and 'experimenting'. 

In Harry and Meghan's defense, it's their first year, I am sure after all the shuffling here and there, they will establish their loyal and long term employees; 5 to 10 years or more.

Eri

Quote from: Curryong on March 14, 2019, 09:53:23 AM
Harry doesn't club or party any more. How many times have you seen William out partying with his male friends since his marriage? Once, twice?

The fact of the matter is that once men of that class marry they become very private and visit friends privately. Sometimes they go on shoots on estates that aren't accessed by cameras. At least two of Harry's married friends provided attendants at the May wedding, Mark Dyer and Jakie Warren. All the rest were at the wedding.

It's in the media's interest to pretend that all Harry's friends have been dropped so they can paint Meghan as a domineering b**ch. Have photographers constantly hung about outside the homes of 'Skip, Pelly, Charlie Straubenzee and the rest? No! Therefore their comings and goings aren't known.
Excuses ... wow ... I didn't know Fox bailed as well ... so wrong ... he seemed to be so close to Harry ... this woman is toxic ...

Curryong

ELF had been talking about leaving Royal service for more than a year, in 2017, because there were worries about his wife's health. It was talked about on forums and Twitter for months.

Eri

^ Yeah there is always something to justify all those people leaving since the z list appeared ... sad situation Harry will have to do an Usher after the divorce ... William did hang out with Pelly and there are pictures after he married and his other friends ... he took a lot of weekends off with them ... not even him can stand the z list and it's sad Harry is loosing his own brother ... wake up people ...