British Royal Family group events for 2018 to present

Started by TLLK, May 14, 2018, 02:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A thread to discuss BRF group official (Trooping the Color or Garden Parties) and unofficial events (Christmas, Easter)

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry return to royal duties after wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteAnd now it has been revealed that their first engagement as a royal couple will be to join Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall at the Prince of Wales' 70th Birthday Patronage Celebration in the Gardens of Buckingham Palace on May 22.

sara8150

Newly married couples Duke and Duchess of Sussex will hold honeymoon will attend Prince Charles?s garden party

Harry and Meghan will put duty before their honeymoon | Daily Mail Online

FanDianaFancy

I cannot wait to see their ofgcisl event tomorrow

sara8150

Harry and Meghan attending first event since wedding - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 02:48:01 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle LIVE: Couple will join royals at Prince Charles 70th Birthday | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 03:06:13 PM

Meghan Markle and Harry attend FIRST official engagement ? just 3 days after Royal Wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 03:10:41 PM

Prince Charles 70th birthday: Why is he celebrating six months in advance? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 03:14:47 PM

Meghan Markle makes her first official engagement | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 03:26:40 PM

Meghan Markle and Harry attend FIRST official engagement ? just 3 days after Royal Wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 03:28:19 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Attend First Event Married Couple | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 06:28:18 PM

Meghan Markle Wears Pantyhose For First Time At Prince Charles' Birthday | PEOPLE.com

Shop Meghan Markle's Pink Dress from Prince Charles' Birthday | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle Debuts a New Polished Chignon (Just Like Kate!) | PEOPLE.com

Meghan Markle's Outfit at Duchess Debut is on Sale | PEOPLE.com

https://us.hellomagazine.com/fashion/12018020125768/meghan-markle-style-2018-fashion/

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Attend First Event Since Wedding

Meghan Markle makes her first official engagement | Daily Mail Online

Meghan unveils new polished style for her first official engagement | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry interrupted by a bumblebee during speech | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 06:39:14 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan attended Prince Charles' garden party | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex attend The Prince of Wales? 70th Birthday Patronage Celebration held at Buckingham Palace in London

Harry and Meghan attend first royal event since wedding - BBC News

Duke and Duchess of Sussex make first appearance as a married couple at Prince Charles' 70th birthday party

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry pictured at first official royal outing

Meghan Markle wears Goat dress and brand's website crashes within minutes

Prince Harry praises ?selfless? dad Charles at 70th Birthday Celebrations with Meghan | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

In Pictures: Meghan joins Harry for first official royal event since wedding - ITV News

Izabella

Sings from the afterlife....sometimes a butterfly or a bee.  :shrug: Camilla couldn't wear that green dress at the wedding instead of that food platter monstrosity.  :lol:

FanDianaFancy

I posted on Dukes Fuchess Of Sussex, there is B.D. Before Duschess and A.D. After Duchess.
B.B Befire Duchess, Meggie did ok dressing to very good.

A.D. Duchess she looked today PERFECTION. CLASSIC. CLEAN SLEEK. SEXY TOO. VERY PRETTY. And pantyhose too :teehee:
:notworthy:  M

Blue Clover

After seeing these pictures, I do wonder how Meghan will cope with royal life moving forward - it just seems so odd seeing her dressed like that. It's nothing like her former self. How does one adjust to such vastly different worlds? What if she doesn't like her new life?

sara8150

TLLK

Harry gives a speech in honor of his father at today's BP Garden Party celebrating Charles' upcoming 70th birthday.

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "? Watch the full video of The Duke of Sussex's speech from today's Prince of Wales' (@ClarenceHouse) 70th

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2018, 09:41:28 PM

Quote from: sara8150 on May 22, 2018, 07:39:58 PM
How Meghan Markle's Garden Party Debut Outfit Compares to Kate Middleton's | PEOPLE.com
Similar between two Duchesses Kate and Meghan styles thought?!?
Well both had to follow the BP Garden Party dresscode so I'm not surprised with the hats, hose, dresses etc... I am surprised that some fashion writers weren't considering that because Meghan was not going to wear slacks or have a messy bun today. Otherwise it really comes down to dress style and color. Kate wore a more vibrant pink while Meghan opted for a subdued shade which bordered on neutral.

Nice to see Meghan opting for British label Goat which is a brand that Kate has worn many times.  :)

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that the new Duchess of Sussex's first royal event was a garden party.

sara8150

Duke of Sussex?s speech to his dad the Prince of Wales

'Good afternoon and welcome to Buckingham Palace.

We are here today to reflect on, and to celebrate, my father?s dedicated support to all of you and the work that you do.

'But first, I would like us to take a moment to remember all those affected by the tragic events at the Manchester Arena a year ago. We are fortunate to have over 250 representatives from the Emergency Services here today.

'It is right that we take a moment to recognise the amazing work they do every day and how each member of our Blue Light Services rise to meet the challenge of tragic events such as the attack a year ago.

'We are also joined by Youth United Cadets. Their organisation also provided triage support to the medical crews on the attack.

'So, on behalf of my family and everyone here, I would like to say thank you to the Emergency Services and all those who supported the injured and affected.

'My brother, William, would be here today, were he not attending the service in Manchester to honour the victims, their families, the Emergency Services and the survivors, this afternoon.

Our thoughts are with those who lost loved ones and those still dealing with the experiences of that night.

'It really is amazing to see so many of you here today for this family celebration. I say ?family? because this is a chance for us to honour The Prince of Wales's work over the last forty plus years, with all of his charities, patronages and military associations ? and, as you all know, my father views all of your organisations like an extended family.

'As I was preparing for this afternoon, I looked through the long list of those who had been invited.

Pa, I was again struck by the range and diversity of the work which you are involved with.

'Currently there are your two major charities, The Prince's Trust and the newly formed ? Prince's Foundation ? which has brought together your work supporting vulnerable young people in society, the built environment, culture, heritage and education.

'These sit alongside your 18 military associations and more than 420 patronages, ranging from music and the arts to rare breeds and plant life. Although the subjects vary enormously, I know that the way in which you work with each of them does not.

'Who amongst you has not known the joy, and perhaps trepidation at receiving a handwritten note in response to some news shared from your organisation, urging you on and asking for more to be done to address this issue or that?

'Who has not come away from a meeting with my father, their head spinning with a dozen new ideas which he wants to get underway urgently, having met a group of people or read something that has fired his imagination and started the flow of ideas.

'His enthusiasm and energy are truly infectious; it has certainly inspired William and I to get involved in issues we care passionately about and to do whatever we can to make a difference. In fact, many of the issues William and I now work on are subjects we were introduced to by our father growing up.

'His passion and dedication are remarkable and seeing so many of you here today, I cannot fail but to be in awe of the drive he has had for so many years, to contribute to the enrichment of society both in this country and around the world.

'But Pa, in my mind, this event sums up your approach to work ? I know you really didn?t want today to be about you and would far rather the focus be on the people and organisations represented here.
'I know that in your mind, you see the opportunity of bringing everyone together as a chance to thank them for all of their amazing work!

'It is your selfless drive to affect change, whether that is to improve the lives of those who are on the wrong path, to save an important piece of our national heritage or to protect a particular species under threat, which William and I draw inspiration from every day.

'So, Pa, while I know that you've asked that today not be about you, you must forgive me if I don?t listen to you ? much like when I was younger ? and instead, I ask everyone here to say a huge thank you to you, for your incredible work over nearly 50 years.

'Work that has given self-confidence and opportunity to thousands of young people who might not have had the best start in life; Or to champion causes like climate change long before almost anyone else was talking about it; and above all, for your vision and ability to bring people together to make change happen.

'You have inspired William and I, and looking out here today, it is clear to see that we are not alone. You have created an incredible body of work that has, and will continue to make such a huge difference to so many people's lives both here and around the world.

'With that, Ladies and Gentlemen, please can I ask you to join me in wishing the Prince of Wales a very happy birthday ? six months ahead of his 70th! How very royal!'

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2018, 12:26:00 AM

Meghan Markle gets the giggles as Harry is attacked by a bee during first public appearance since stunning wedding - Mirror Online

Meghan's defensive gesture copied from Kate and the huge change in Prince Harry since his wedding day - Mirror Online

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at Prince Charles' 70th birthday bash in first event as married couple since Royal Wedding

Sweet moment Meghan Markle giggles and playfully sticks her tongue out as Prince Harry's speech is photobombed by bee

Double post auto-merged: May 23, 2018, 01:17:53 AM

Prince Harry, Meghan make first public appearance since royal wedding - CBS News

Harry and Meghan make first post-wedding appearance - CNN

Curryong

It was an excellent event yesterday. In spite of the bee incident  :D Harry's speech encompassed and praised all his father's causes and accomplishments. The guests all seemed to be enjoying themselves in great weather and Harry and Meghan were getting on very well with the POW and Camilla and having a good time at the garden party too.

royalanthropologist

Fabulous event with encouraging hints of what is to come. Meghan looked stunning and her hair was even better than on Saturday. I actually like Camilla's dress today better than the one she wore on the wedding even though I liked that one too.

I noticed something. Not once have I ever seen Charles as relaxed with Harry as he is with William. I think it is all to do with Harry's expressiveness and innate emotional intelligence. It seems he has married a woman that is similarly expressive. To my mind, this is a good thing. It will make all those who claim the boys are ostracizing and isolating their father look rather silly. Richard Kay and his ilk will have to come up with another angle for their poisonous click bait and acidic comments.

Meghan is so obviously a big hit with POW and I fully expect a much more relaxed relationship with their future family as opposed to the awkward competitiveness with the Middletons for the "best grandparent" title. For example I can ever imagine Harry allowing it to be said or known that either Thomas Markle  or Doria are his closest and real parents. I am sure "Pa" was delighted with that lovely speech.

I have a newfound respect for Harry after this event. Rather than silently allowing his family's enemies to drive their own nasty narratives, he is actually coming out and saying something nice about his father and his family. Good for him. Make the likes of Kay look foolish I say :hehe: :lol: :teehee:

This marriage might turn out to be the best thing that has happened to the Windsors for a long time if Meghan plays her cards right. Charles is already showing signs that he is going to dote on Meghan if she lets him.  Perhaps he has finally found the "daughter" he has always longed for.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

Here is a short video clip of the two royal duchesses greeting each other with a quick kiss. (Good maneuvering with the hats!) :D

Meghan Markle Held Hands with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at Prince Charles' Garden Party

QuoteRoyal fans on Twitter spotted Markle and Harry's stepmom holding hands during the Buckingham Palace celebration, thanks to a photo taken by Daily Mirror's Ian Vogler. Others got enthusiastic when the duchesses exchanged a kiss goodbye.

royalanthropologist

I think they actually like her which is good news. Meghan will need all the love and support from the extended family particularly when certain members of the press are out to get her.

Speaking of nasty press...There was a horrendous article about Hewitt in the DM and I was like "hey you guys, shut it, at least for the honeymoon". These kinds of stories must make William Harry and Charles so furious.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

Quote from: royalanthropologist on May 23, 2018, 01:32:58 PM
I think they actually like her which is good news. Meghan will need all the love and support from the extended family particularly when certain members of the press are out to get her.

Speaking of nasty press...There was a horrendous article about Hewitt in the DM and I was like "hey you guys, shut it, at least for the honeymoon". These kinds of stories must make William Harry and Charles so furious.

Excellent news. She practically has no family - deleted.  All the love and support from Harry's family towards Meghan is perfect for them and their future children. They do not have the support system that William and Kate have with the entire Middleton clan.  :shrug:

TLLK

QuoteExcellent news. She practically has no family - deleted.  All the love and support from Harry's family towards Meghan is perfect for them and their future children.
:thumbsup: :nod:

Yes this couple will need the support from Harry's family as they will not have any of Meghan's relatives in the UK for the foreseeable future.

sandy

wannable

His birthday is in November, surely William said happy birthday then.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on May 23, 2018, 04:02:57 PM
A few years back, BP garden parties are fluffy despite the fact that its a way for the royal family to meet and greet thousands of commoners. This garden party was carried out exactly to the dot of how its done, but because the theme is celebrating the POW's work, the meet and greet, small talk here and there is not the same or fluff.  :hehe:

MM changed the fluffy duties to serious royal honors.  :coy:
Well at least those poor debutantes do not have line up and curtsy anymore. In my heart know that the garden parties are fluffy, but they do seem to make a big impact on those who are able to attend them.  :happy17:

QuoteWilliam was in Manchester. By your standards, he was actually doing something more significant there versus fluff garden party.
IMHO the media did not have their priorities straight on Tues. I believe that the Manchester memorial service should have been the bigger story in the papers as yesterday was the one year anniversary of the terror attacks after the Ariana Grande concert. Also it was the five year anniversary of the murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby. :no: The Duke of Cambridge was joined by PM Teresa May to remember those victims of terror.

I do believe that Charles' 70th birthday will be celebrated in a fairly big way this upcoming November.  :)

wannable

Yes fluffy, and I also said despite the fact that thousands of people are invited to have small talk with the royals, which I think is a cool tradition since the HM Queen Victoria era. A chance for the public to meet their royals, around 30,000 yearly.

But MM fans think this garden party is not fluffy (now) because she's in the picture with the excuse of whatever reason. Her presence is truly a miracle. 

William's Manchester duty was reported by the press/media to the detail, his speech, etc., but was not in the top or front page news. Of course the new royal, no matter what was going to be front story.