Lady Sophie Windsor (Sophie Winkleman) discusses her accident

Started by TLLK, April 29, 2018, 06:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Lady Sophie Windsor reveals how she cheated death in car crash

QuoteSophie, a mother to two young girls Maud, four, and Isabella, two, was travelling from the set of the Danny Boyle series Trust which she had been filming in Cambridgeshire, on 23 November 2017, when the car she was travelling in was hit by another and dramatically thrown up into the air before crashing down and causing her life-threatening injuries.

Curryong

So glad that Sophie has recovered at least somewhat, though certain physical weaknesses often linger after an accident of that kind. That was a ghastly thing to go through.

TLLK

I agree @Curryong  that these types of traumatic injuries can have long lasting effects. My mother and sister were both injured in separate accidents (neither were at fault). It took several weeks for them to recover and then both experienced long term effects.

I hope that Sophie's recovery will be a complete one. She shared that Charles gave their family a very practical and needed gift..his cook. :thumbsup:

QuoteShe reveals the "magnificently practical" gift from the Prince of Wales. "Prince Charles sensed correctly that everything would be chaos at home, so he asked his cook, instead of taking care of him, to take care of us. So, our lunches and dinners were cooked at Clarence House then delivered for weeks on end while I was in hospital and then still disabled at home.

Double post auto-merged: April 30, 2018, 12:14:57 AM

Apparently William also made a call to Addenbrooks to request that they take extra care of Sophie. Addenbrooks was one of the hospitals that East Anglia Air Ambulance had on their route and he was photographed there while on duty.

Blue Clover

sara8150

'I felt like my soul was rising up - I expected to die': Lady Frederick Windsor reveals how horror car crash left her 'a couple of millimetres' away from being paralysed
Lady Frederick Windsor reveals she expected to die in horror smash | Daily Mail Online