Royal Exes-Spouses and significant others

Started by sara8150, January 13, 2017, 05:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: sandy on April 23, 2018, 07:26:00 PM
I read various books including Sarah Bradford's. She said they reconciled in 1991. I stand by my post. It was a few years after that, that Hewitt was dropped from her circle (even though they were not lovers then).

decently? So she was not doing this "decently"? She broke up with him. She dropped him from her circle. But he got "revenge" and $$$ which he squandered.

Hewitt I think was greedy. That appeared to have been his downfall. He hawked those letters that nobody wanted to buy from him. He made a fool of himself on TV going under "hypnosis" and being filmed for TV in a bathtub (and drunk).

Diana was no saint but she did not deserve what he did.

Diana in 1989 asked Charles if they could reconcile and have another baby. So that was a time when she was not "seeing" Hewitt.  Charles refused her.

Gilbey did not charge her with anything so it's a moot point. She did not have a "romance" with Gilbey pre Charles.

Well since the link i have is James Hewitts own words, id say that trumps Sarah Bradford, as much as i like her, he said they got together before he deployed to the gulf which would have been 1990. Diana didnt break up with him, she ghosted him after the news of the world story.

1989 has nothing to do with the topic, but on the topic in Story of a Princess, Hewitt does say there was a time she wanted to make things work with Charles when she was seeing Hewitt.

Deserve? thats a speculative thing, while I wished she didnt have to go through that, one can understand more the motivation behind it, and that it wasnt the totally innocent blindsiding she made it out to be at the time.

Its not a moot point, it shows that she was capable of being mean if romantically betrayed, so if ones going to live by the sword, they have to be ready to die by it, so to speak.Gilbey and Diana had several romantic, candlelit dinners together, he was her most serious romance, pre Charles(as to them sleeping together, I doubt that, but the lack of sex doesn't mean there isnt romance). Otherwise it would paint her as very mentally imbalanced if shed do that to someone she had no feeling for upon being stood up  :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 23, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
Hewitt was a cad.
He was not a good guy. Clothes bought fiorvhim by her or him fir her, so what

Hewitt will be rearing his ugly big egghead. Soon

May 17 to May 20, Hewitt will be seeking out any sleaze reporters for cash as well as being sought out by  the sleaze ones with stories..

If he had s son, he wish it could have been Harry.

Hewitt wishes  all the best to Prince Harry.

Hweitts Thoughts of How Proud Diana Would Have Been Of Harry .

Hewitt, Meghan? s half brother and half sister will be speaking for some some cash until the day they each die. You would think, even sleaze reporters and rag mags would not even go after these no body?s.

:goodpost: Yes, I thought of him when they mentioned James as a potential baby name for K&W new son, I thought....ummm I dont think theyre going to want that name bandied about , for sure Harry would never dream id imagine naming a son that!!

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Izabella

Princess in Love. Terrible movie. *shudders*  :orchid: 

Duch_Luver_4ever

Havent seen it...... however, Story of a Princess, is the best biography/documentary of Diana's life story, with Nat Geo's doc a close second.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

sandy

Sarah Bradford's IMO is the best.

Double post auto-merged: April 23, 2018, 09:56:02 PM

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on April 23, 2018, 08:43:55 PM
Well since the link i have is James Hewitts own words, id say that trumps Sarah Bradford, as much as i like her, he said they got together before he deployed to the gulf which would have been 1990. Diana didnt break up with him, she ghosted him after the news of the world story.

1989 has nothing to do with the topic, but on the topic in Story of a Princess, Hewitt does say there was a time she wanted to make things work with Charles when she was seeing Hewitt.

Deserve? thats a speculative thing, while I wished she didnt have to go through that, one can understand more the motivation behind it, and that it wasnt the totally innocent blindsiding she made it out to be at the time.

Its not a moot point, it shows that she was capable of being mean if romantically betrayed, so if ones going to live by the sword, they have to be ready to die by it, so to speak.Gilbey and Diana had several romantic, candlelit dinners together, he was her most serious romance, pre Charles(as to them sleeping together, I doubt that, but the lack of sex doesn't mean there isnt romance). Otherwise it would paint her as very mentally imbalanced if shed do that to someone she had no feeling for upon being stood up  :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

:goodpost: Yes, I thought of him when they mentioned James as a potential baby name for K&W new son, I thought....ummm I dont think theyre going to want that name bandied about , for sure Harry would never dream id imagine naming a son that!!

I read Hewitt's interviews.It pretty much meshes with Bradford's account.

There is a James in the royal family, William's own cousin. Hewitt has nothing to do with it.

You say it has nothing to do with the topic. Which does not make it so. I disagree.

DId you hope GIlbey pressed charges/? To me it's a moot point. It's over and done with and he did not press charges.

Diana was NOT mentally unbalanced and Gilbey never accused of her being so. JUnor did though. How interesting you follow that train of thought.

Diana did not have "serious" relationships pre Charles. She went on dates. If she had a serious relationship, Charles would not have gone near her. He wanted someone with no past. Dates can be candlelit dinners. None of the men she dated said they had sex. One wanted to get serious but she didn't. THe man said so.

Hewitt had a fiancee for a short time so he had "moved on." But there could be something not right about him because the woman ditched him. Maybe he could have punished her some way too.

Duch_Luver_4ever

His suitability as a role model is not relevant to the conversation.

I never said Hewitt was anything to Edward, you were the one saying one of W's cousins being named James was no big deal. The issue at hand is whether or not William would want his son to be named for the guy most famous for banging his mom, im guessing its a no, but thats just me.

1989 has nothing to do with 1990 which is when D&J got together again, not 1991

Not saying I wanted her put in jail for the car thing, what I am saying is her doing that & reasons for it contradicts your assertion about them, for your idea to be correct, shed have to be mentally unstable as normal people dont go around doing that to people they have little to no feelings about. Also as a car dealer I doubt he forgot about it, like most men he had stars in his eyes for her, as Gilbeygate proved.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Hes not given a free pass, I've just pointed out that he had reasons other than the tired old narrative that hes a hellspawn or some such and Diana was just sweetness and light towards him and had nothing to do with what was visited on her. Im not demonizing her, im just pointing out the areas where she acted less than what was portrayed at the time.

It wasnt a falling out the first time,it was he was being stationed and rather than taking it like anyone else would she had a hissy fit that he wouldnt be at her beck and call and ghosted him when it could have been worked out like so many other service men and their wives/girlfriends/etc. she had joked about being an army wife on weekends at his mothers cottage in Devon, well part of that is him being on deployment.

Im glad youve got the timeline  more correct finally for the second time they were together. I dont have issues with the gilby thing only the way you were describing it made Diana out to be mentally unstable damaging the car of someone they had no feelings for over a minor thing, thats the issue I had, you constantly try to skate Diana out of any responsibility for anything and often make her look worse in the process. Even Morton mentioned that Diana had issues with accepting responsibility for her actions in the doc about her year off.

dianab

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on April 23, 2018, 10:40:56 PM
Unless Bradford interviews Hewitt like these authors did, Im going with them. A cousin being named it is one thing, im sure W&H dont want a child named after their mum's most notorious lover, do you think they want that?

How does 1989 and D wanting a child with Charles have anything to do with Diana and Hewitt starting up again in 1990 before he went to the Gulf? Just more cases of you either trying to pick a fight with me or to say the sky is plaid.

No, im suggesting that you are saying she'd mentally unbalanced, because youre saying Gilbey meant nothing to her, well would a rational person do that to the car of someone that meant nothing to them? Im trying to highlight that when for the sake of argument you try and contradict me, you make Diana's situation worse, not better.

QuoteDiana in 1989 asked Charles if they could reconcile and have another baby. So that was a time when she was not "seeing" Hewitt.  Charles refused her.

Diana NEVER EVER said that. Funny to you it's not hersay, speculation whatever.

Indeed there are letters of hers to Hewitt in this period saying to him she never loved a man so much. And later she was saying to James Gilbey that Charles made her life a living hell and she definitely will leave him behind. In Morton book, it's repeated a story was written in tabloids in late 1980s, as the Spencers were telling her try for 3rd child instead of going to divorce route.

Gilbey did not charge her with anything so it's a moot point. She did not have a "romance" with Gilbey pre Charles.
He surely was million of times better looking than Charles EVER was... if he hadnt left she expecting for him maybe they'll have had a romance and it'll surely would have saved her life

Duch_Luver_4ever

Diana yearned for a third child - how she would have savoured this moment | Daily Mail Online

Interesting timing for this article

Since they'd stopped sleeping together in 1987, I doubt any talk if it occurred in 1989, was just wishful thinking on her part. While they had their so called "second honeymoon" that was likely more press massaging as things were crumbling apart. I still remember them trying to paper over the separate suites on the India trip in 92.

Her only hope for a third was ASAP after Harry, but as she said it was a miracle they had Harry (their closeness a few months before his birth notwithstanding, 85/86 was the only window she really had with Charles). If she could have gotten him to just donate the sperm, that could have worked as well, but would have raised too many questions about their health, etc. if they went that route.

sandy

There are stories (Christopher Andersen among the authors) that Charles asked Camilla if he should have a third baby with Diana and Camilla said no.

1991 was the second honeymoon cruise--Wharfe wrote that Diana stayed away from Charles and kept to herself while Charles put in ship to shore calls to Camilla. No chance for more babies then.

Found this photo:

Charles & Diana second Honeymoon 1991 | Princess Diana | Pinterest | Diana, Princess diana and Princess

Quote from: dianab on April 24, 2018, 12:44:31 PM
Diana NEVER EVER said that. Funny to you it's not hersay, speculation whatever.

Indeed there are letters of hers to Hewitt in this period saying to him she never loved a man so much. And later she was saying to James Gilbey that Charles made her life a living hell and she definitely will leave him behind. In Morton book, it's repeated a story was written in tabloids in late 1980s, as the Spencers were telling her try for 3rd child instead of going to divorce route.
He surely was million of times better looking than Charles EVER was... if he hadnt left she expecting for him maybe they'll have had a romance and it'll surely would have saved her life

Her biographers said she did. Never say Never. She told her friends about wanting another "baby on board.:"

Diana always said she wanted a daughter. She was still young when Charles decided he did not want more children with her.  Her friend Rosa Monckton said Diana wanted a little girl and Diana wanted a second family. Which she never got.

I never ever read the Spencers told her to have another child. Diana adored children and babies and had worked with them before she married Charles.

Hewitt lost his looks and he looks very seedy now. He was and is not pretty on the inside IMO. Are you talking about Gilbey or Hewitt diana, which one is handsomer than Charles.

Diana did say she "adored him" to Bashir but was "let down." No disputing that she loved him but he had betrayed her with cooperating with the book.

Duch_Luver_4ever

todays article gives some insight on Diana's wish for a daughter, which is pretty much agreed on, she even had a name picked out,(even if it was the name of an allergy medication LOL) the issue was the men on the other side not being up for it, or in a position to do so.

She did love Khan very much so I dont doubt shed have wanted one with him, again I have a lot of issues with his careless use of her heart, her wanting a child with him, the ultimate expression of that. Not to mention his selfish, foolish nature to string her along when he knew from the beginning he wasnt willing to step into the limelight.

IDK if the Spencers ever told her that either, one gets the impression they wernt a font of advice for her, even in the best of times. Its a pretty common idea to have another baby to try and fix a marriage, many youngest children are born that way.

I cant speak for dianab but I took it to mean Gilbey was more handsome than Charles, and yes, had she chosen him, it would have likely saved her life, although one never knows would have been a whole different series of events would have happened to her, could have slipped on ice, choked on some food, etc. but at least much of the mental anguish she went though would have been avoided.

However, I do think shed have been bored with Gilbey and likely felt something was missing, also the amount of good she could do in the world would have been much less. I dont want to take on messianic tones here, but in a way her suffering while bad for her, she put it to good use for the wider world in a way I dont think shed have done as a bored indoor cat of a wife, planning lunches and afterschool activities for her kids, the odd trip to France for holidays or something.

sandy

Stephen Barry in his book did say Diana told him she wanted "lots of babies." This was early on in the Wales marriage. She adored children.

Gilbey and Diana did not fall in love apparently. If they had, she'd no longer be a candidate for royal bride.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Considering he stood her up, he felt he could do better, or wanted a girl who would be a bit shall we say, faster.

dianab

Quote from: sandy on April 24, 2018, 01:32:22 PM

I never ever read the Spencers told her to have another child. Diana adored children and babies and had worked with them before she married Charles.
then you dont read the morton book, i'm talking about 1992 edition.

QuoteHer biographers said she did.
they said lots of things you're always saying are speculation, hearsay, just diana knows, there's no proof et al

Double post auto-merged: April 26, 2018, 01:23:40 PM

QuoteI cant speak for dianab but I took it to mean Gilbey was more handsome than Charles, and yes, had she chosen him, it would have likely saved her life, although one never knows would have been a whole different series of events would have happened to her, could have slipped on ice, choked on some food, etc. but at least much of the mental anguish she went though would have been avoided.

However, I do think shed have been bored with Gilbey and likely felt something was missing, also the amount of good she could do in the world would have been much less. I dont want to take on messianic tones here, but in a way her suffering while bad for her, she put it to good use for the wider world in a way I dont think shed have done as a bored indoor cat of a wife, planning lunches and afterschool activities for her kids, the odd trip to France for holidays or something.
yes, i was talking about gilbey... BTW the man she was bored with was charles IMO, that since the honeymoon she being his friends, family and his own lifestyle

i think gilbey fitted the sort of man she appeared to be attracted to. My point if they'd got involved in 1980, charles wouldnt have courted her as she wouldnt be anymore a virgin... obviously her life would have been saved. probably windsors would have been gone in a few years, as they were being seen since 1970s as a out of touch, irrelevant bunch

sandy

dianab I read various editions of the Morton book. Diana loved children and would have wanted more. Stephen Barry said the young bride Diana told him she's like lots of babies with Prince Charles. The Spencers would not "tell her" to have more children. I read Frances' biography and she never mentioned anything like that.

There's also no proof either way, Dianab.

TLLK

Meghan  Markle's former husband Trevor has listed as co-producer or executive producer for the following: Trevor Engelson - IMDb

His most recent television work includes "Snowfall" and "Heathers."

Curryong

Meghan met Trevor in 2004 and they began dating in that year. Considering that the list in the link you provided only goes back to 2006 what body of high-profile work did Trevor have behind him that would make a so-called totally ambitious fame-w***e attach her hooks into him? Especially as Trevor was already in his late twenties in that year.

TLLK

High profile? :shrug: All I can see is that according to his Linkedin profile, he was starting a production company in 2001-Underground Films.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trevor-engelson-b75a803

Curryong

Well, the argument made by others is that Meghan was with Trevor because of her ambition. Yes, he still has that company. It was inactive for a long time. I believe he was a production assistant for some years in the early 2000s. 

TLLK

Curryong

Thanks, TLLK. A nice steady career in lots of ways. Nothing earth shattering though. And the couple were together for nine years. Nothing there that shows that Meghan made a beeline for this man in 2004 because he could take her places. They were in love.

TLLK

Yes, anyone starting  in the entertainment industry as an adult, would know that it takes years of work often starting from the ground up. Trevor appears to have been an uncredited assistant on other projects in the early 2000's so that might be why some work is not accounted for on the IMDB site.

They were two people in the same industry so they would understand the environment and culture of the LA area film/tv world. Also Meghan would have known plenty of those who worked off camera from her afternoons on the set of "Married with Children." I believe that most of us have little knowledge of how many people are involved in the off camera work.

At some point in the later 2000's Trevor seems to have gained some financial stability that offered the couple the opportunity to travel when they were still together: Greece, Vietnam etc... Meghan was still just a couple of years away from Suits and was probably starting to question her career choice. However at some point in the relationship his careers seems to have taken a bit of a dip when she won the part of Rachel on Suits. However it does seem that now he's involved in producing two TV series and other work that is in post-production.

wannable

QuoteSweet gesture Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy gave Meghan Markle as she showed there were no hard feelings at royal wedding booze-up
Sweet gesture Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy gave Meghan Markle as she showed there were no hard feelings at royal wedding booze-up - Mirror Online

Other royal reporters have confirmed the above.

Curryong

It wasn't more than a week ago that a columnist in the Fail was reporting that Chelsy was cut up about not being invited to the evening reception and trying to get in touch with Harry to find out why. Another pile of bs from the DM then!

Curryong

I've never been interested in the nitty gritty of the breakup between James Hewitt and Diana, just the outline of their affair. However, on another forum something was mentioned about the cache of letters Diana had written to James which he had obviously kept.

Simone Simmons's book in 2003 apparently says that James kept hassling Diana about these letters and threatening to disclose them unless she paid over large sums of money. She grew terrified of his persistence (her lawyers were in the final throes of the divorce settlement with Charles at the time) but didn't dare put him off by not returning his calls.

According to this book she eventually realised that she was going to have to pay James off. He wanted ?250,000 and she agreed. She went over to Spain, where James wanted the money handed over, with the cash but James didn't turn up. According to Diana this was because of the papparazi.

He never got this money, and after her death Hewitt tried to sell the letters on the open market, as we know. However, I didn't know James had stooped to blackmail in his attempts to gain wealth. He's even more of a weasel than I thought. So much for his broken heart!

amabel

I woudlnt' take Simone Simmons as gospel. OTOH, Hewitt is such a sleazy git that I woudnt' be too surprised that he threatened Di with the letters..