Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

^ So that means people could /can abuse her? I don't get it  :hmm: ... what does that even mean ? YOU liking "Meg" is ironic to say the least ...

Vesper

I'm sorry, but I was hard on Cressida and this one is worse, far worse. I have no problem whatsoever with her ethnicity, I myself is a person of color, but a divorced actress with racy sex scenes all over the web... really, Harry? I'm out of here.

good221

So what, the sex scene was for a tv show, her divorce does not matter, the Queen would have not improved of these romance from day one,for the palace to make this statement prove they all support harry and the Queen is aware and she does not care about the past. This is the second time beside kate for the royal house to defend royal girlfriend not even my girl chelsy or people favorite Cressida get this much of support like Megan! Everyone just have to deal with this and wish they well! Megan is harry choice she is what he want!

Vesper

The institution of the monarchy is about prestige and being above the rest. You have an actress, it doesn't matter if it's her job, that's precisely the point, parading semi naked on screen and that's not a big deal. I know we're living in the era of the Kardashians, but I'm sorry, if you are going to chose and act like a celebrity then no thanks.

I agree with Eri that those who criticized Cressida, me being one of them, are now acting very differently.

Whatever. This doesn't effect my life so good luck to him. If anything, this has provided me with a good distraction on the Election Day stress.

Cat00

Quote from: Vesper on November 08, 2016, 04:14:03 PM
I'm sorry, but I was hard on Cressida and this one is worse, far worse. I have no problem whatsoever with her ethnicity, I myself is a person of color, but a divorced actress with racy sex scenes all over the web... really, Harry? I'm out of here.

I don't know what the problem is with sex scenes. She is an actress, even consecrated actresses make sex scenes in movies these days. And being divorced is not a problem either. Harry's father and his uncles are too. :D

Vesper

^Right, they were already a soap opera, now they are full on Kardahian.

Trudie

LOL I fail to see exactly why her occupation or previous marriage should bar her from possibly becoming Harry's wife. Exactly what is unsuitable about her? Meghan is an actress it is a job, she does charity work and seems to have the same interests as Harry. Charles married a divorced woman so that argument is moot. Meghan is half African American so what? that isn't a disease. What matters is their being happy with one another and this is 2016 not 1936. I hope Harry just follows his heart.

Mike

Prince Harry warns press about harassing girlfriend

Meghan Markle: Prince Harry warns press about harassing girlfriend - CNN.com

Yeah.  Good luck with that, Harry.  If the press smells money, there isn't much you can do.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Yale

Guys, we'll have a British princess who is American and mixed.  I love it!  She'll become  USA's princess too of sorts.

I wish them the best if it happens! We all need to support Harry and his decision here.  And he is not an irrelevant royal either.  He is in the top 5 in the line of succession and he is also very popular in UK and the US.  She'll become the most popular royal in the family because he is American.  Watch!!

Eri

The same people who had a problem with Cressida's THEATER PLAYS ... mind blowing ... nothing against Megan and more power to her being an actress as I love everything regarding art it's just the HYPOCRISY that is mind blowing ...

Vesper

I can't believe we finally agree on something @Eri   

Yale

Quote from: Trudie on November 08, 2016, 06:20:22 PM
LOL I fail to see exactly why her occupation or previous marriage should bar her from possibly becoming Harry's wife. Exactly what is unsuitable about her? Meghan is an actress it is a job, she does charity work and seems to have the same interests as Harry. Charles married a divorced woman so that argument is moot. Meghan is half African American so what? that isn't a disease. What matters is their being happy with one another and this is 2016 not 1936. I hope Harry just follows his heart.

Amen!!! I agree 100%!!

good221

Seriously LET it go, This is not about Cressida, I don't get why everything have to do with Cressida! This is about Megan, people might not be inlove with Cressida like you, if you want apologies for Cressida you got it, So let it go and let harry be HAPPY with his choice Megan. His families are happy for him why cannot everyone be happy. If things dont work out  down the line that is on Him not us. So let move on from crying wolf. same people also have HUGE issues with chelsy, you don't  see everyone blame/ angry at that, Cressida and Megan got it better  compare to chelsy the people and media HATE up until today, so let not compare note!!🙄

Yale

Quote from: Vesper on November 08, 2016, 05:42:22 PM
The institution of the monarchy is about prestige and being above the rest. You have an actress, it doesn't matter if it's her job, that's precisely the point, parading semi naked on screen and that's not a big deal. I know we're living in the era of the Kardashians, but I'm sorry, if you are going to chose and act like a celebrity then no thanks.

I agree with Eri that those who criticized Cressida, me being one of them, are now acting very differently.

Whatever. This doesn't effect my life so good luck to him. If anything, this has provided me with a good distraction on the Election Day stress.

It is only a problem for some now because she is American and mixed.  If it were anyone else, her being an actress or anything else would not matter.  It's problem now because of her background.  Well we're not in the 1930s. This is 2016.

Harry is going to marry her regardless of what anyone says or thinks if that is what he wants and we all know it! And I'd bet odds he has long since spoken to his grandmother about it and she has given her blessing.  So talk of this nature is a waste of time.

Vesper

I'll be waiting for my invitation. :P

For the record, I'm black so I could care less what her skin color is. Black people can be opportunist too, and I would applaud the diversity, if it didn't come in the form of a person playing games.

You are right about one thing, it's not my life so good luck to him.

FanDianaFancy

Never has he had TPTB issue a  statement. Her treatment? IS it  no more , no less, no different than  Kate,  Cressida, Chelsy,  or even  then Lady Diana.
Could  it  be that  serious  after  6  mnths  or so?

That is wrong with  her? She  is college  educated, graduated, working  and not lofting on  inheritance, parent's income, etc., older, wiser, veryveryvery pretty, photogenic,  charitable  -UN , and more.
YES, her ex husband will sell  his story.
YES, her  not so close family members have sold a  story  they  truly, from what we gather,  don not know no more than we  do and are not that close.

Being a  person of color,  being a  person of divorced parents, being non British  or of the Commonwealth  as in she does not have  grasp of the  history of  the  what  Harry's life is set to be  and  where he goes, sees, his lids, etc.,

She would be marrying an  institution in Harry. She  would  have to be very strong and supported  as  Kate is and even then Lady Diana/D,PofW  was not. It is celebrityville American style.  Having the Prince/Princess of Suffolk (  whatever hi kids  will be titled)  visit  grammy in Crenshaw or grandaddy in Mexico, ummmm,  no!!!!!! 
For K to have  her kids at her  Brit parent's house, there  is massive  security( after the birth  of her  first child and she went off to Mommy and Daddy's).
Marrying him, there  would be no turning back. It is  not a Disney tale.  The  media  is  now, will  be, and will always be  bitter on her and  the aristos/nobility  .landed gentry  would  have  it in for too  because  PH  married HER.  Kate, from what  is  said  , never took  a  liking , developed a  strong friendships  with W 'world and she has few, very FEW ,like a handful of  friends  due to her marriage. She  seemed to have none, maybe 2-3  before marrying him that  were friends  of her own.
Diana  had a  few good friends   of her before  marriage and after, but  of the aristos/nobility, etc., not really. They all sided with the crown  PCharles and his thing,  Cammilla.
It  can be lonely  living n the Cinderella  gated palaces  of  the Princes world  in 2016.

Names for kids? Selection from the  ancestorial names.  No Justins, Drews,  Jacobs, Ian, Jessicas, Ashleys, Nicoles, Mirandas, etc.
If she could understand what she would be getting herself into, yet worth  it for just  her husband , Harry, and their kids, behind the palace gates and walls, FINE!!!  If Harry would understand  he deep    security  she would need from him to block out the world, FINE!!!!

PW and family, PH and family  ARE the future  of the BRF  and until  PW's  kids grow up and get married, and then push  PH's down.  That is  a longgggggg time off like  30  years. It is a long time  off for PCharles to become King Charles too....maybe 10 years away.

Good luck to MM and H because M  more so than H  will need it  more so than  K and Diana.
At least the  were British , fully understood  it all with Diana  being born into sort  of and  K  watched from the sides for 10 years. K and Diana understand their history, their country, the meaning of it all?

American MM, not so.
Being Blck  American,  to me, is last  on the list.  HOWEVFER  I WILL TELL OVER HERE ON THIS SIDE OF THE POND...
NOW I will tell you this . ere there will be a big pull for MM  by Black American for  her  to  tour South Side Chicago, South Central Los Angeles, speak  at Black universities,  be a figure in Black American history  week, be honorary member of Black American sororities-AlaphaKA, ZetaPhiBeta, meet with Black  Civil Rights leaders, Black  Congressional Congress and speak before Congress, be a presenter at the BET Awards, NAACP Awards, the list is endless.  Don't forget her endorsement for  national elections.

I am saying all this and I am Black American.

THOSE ARE DUTIES  of  a  British Princess ...even  MM!!!

She maybe would  fold into pressure to do, HOWEVER that is  not her role.  She cannot do those things.  A NRITISH  PRINCESS  DOE SNOT OF THESE THINGS.  She would also  take on  British  citizenship and Protestant   faith. LOOK, Black America  is here   and the  are quite possessive of things  going on like  are you "woke?" Where is  Black  Lives Matter tee-shirt?  That is the new phrase for  people who are Blck  and  well off or suburban like MM, and what is their stance on Black American and  the police situation ?   YES, her role ad duties in  her life  as  wife would clearly defined as they  are for K, were  for Diana  . Like  I  said , her children traveling  outside for the UK and  their names, schools, etc., lots  of  limited freedoms, but then trade off the wealth, unlimited wealth, heath,  lifestyle that  no one else in celebrtiyville  or politics has and  she  would have  this  for life.

Her ethnicity  is not  a  biggie  for me, but being  able  to fully understand what  she  would be getting into.

Valentina18

I am glad Harry has found someone. I got so tired of the press trying to set him up. At least she has been out in the real working instead of being wrapped up in a bubble waiting like dolittle was. Everyone keeps talking about about how she is milking this relationship in the press.Remember Kate's campaign to get the ring .I watched her UN speech on YouTube and I can see why Harry likes her.

LouisFerdinand

It is unfortunate how the media has treated Meghan. It would be splendid to have a Royal Engagement announcement before Christmas.   
:happyuk: :happyuk: :happyuk: :happyuk:

TLLK

^^^Personally if they are serious then I'd like to see them wait a bit before announcing an engagement. Recent BRF history has shown that a brief courtship/engagement does not equal a long and stable marriage. The more recent successful marriages in the BRF have been with couples who dated for years before becoming engaged.

Cat00

I think they will not wait long. Harry seems very interested in her and both are already at a mature age. :hug:

HsHCharlene

@FanDianaFancy I totally agree, she has no idea what she's getting herself into and thinks it's all adulation. This is why Harry came out with his press release. She thought people would rally behind her and had no idea what she was facing or how to relate to the British public. She is too self-aggrandizing and they see through this and call her out on this but they fall back on the poor excuse of racism. It's not racism dear, they see your fake and poor attitude. It's sad that so many people can see how fake this woman is BUT Harry. He is as dumb as a box of rocks sometimes. He also must be desperate to be clutching on to a woman who is so poorly suited for the royal family. It's not going to be strawberries and champagne dear. She needs to get over her ego and realize that people will not bow and scrape to such an arrogant person. Black people are going to expect her to be the mouthpiece for them but boy oh boy will they be surprised when they realize she really doesn't identify with them, then the claws will come out from blacks too. This girl is nothing but trouble and the fact that everyone in her family is speaking to the press and her online photo leaks to get the press and people talking about her shows she lacks discretion and is so far removed from the norms of British society that she would never make it.

Eri

^ I will have to agree that while I have no issues with her REALLY (I don't) she is problematic on so many fronts ... I also agree I don't get why Harry whines about what Megan is getting when :

a. His past girlfriends have gotten it WORSE and I have seen NO "racist"  "undertones" about her that is ridiculous pointing out her race is not being a racist ...

b. He now has put the attention and an incredible amount of pressure on both of them with his statement ... Harry truly is dumb as a rock ... he might start by telling her to close down her Instagram and Snapchat that she uses as a tool to get attention before whining about the attention she is getting ...

HsHCharlene

The woman is too addicted to attention to even try. She is going to milk this for all it's worth. I don't even feel bad for Harry anymore because he is letting her run him in circles and now it's hurting his image. Hope the bedroom antics are worth all of this trouble for him. I truly believe that Harry is desperate now, he picks the most unsuitable woman and then gets mad at the world for noticing and pointing it out. He's not thinking but then again that has never been his strong point.

Cat00

Quote from: HsHCharlene on November 09, 2016, 05:37:37 AM
@FanDianaFancy I totally agree, she has no idea what she's getting herself into and thinks it's all adulation. This is why Harry came out with his press release. She thought people would rally behind her and had no idea what she was facing or how to relate to the British public. She is too self-aggrandizing and they see through this and call her out on this but they fall back on the poor excuse of racism. It's not racism dear, they see your fake and poor attitude. It's sad that so many people can see how fake this woman is BUT Harry. He is as dumb as a box of rocks sometimes. He also must be desperate to be clutching on to a woman who is so poorly suited for the royal family. It's not going to be strawberries and champagne dear. She needs to get over her ego and realize that people will not bow and scrape to such an arrogant person. Black people are going to expect her to be the mouthpiece for them but boy oh boy will they be surprised when they realize she really doesn't identify with them, then the claws will come out from blacks too. This girl is nothing but trouble and the fact that everyone in her family is speaking to the press and her online photo leaks to get the press and people talking about her shows she lacks discretion and is so far removed from the norms of British society that she would never make it.

Why so aggressive? Do you know her so well to accuse her of being false? False why? I've done a lot of research on her, for me she's a serious, mature, committed girl on humanitarian issues long before she meets Harry, How so, does not she identify with blacks? You not have read anything about her, because she says that consider yourself black as well and fight for equal rights. What is happening is because racist people are not accepting her and so they point out a thousand defects. I doubt if she were not African American, they'd be talking those things. :no:

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Quote from: Eri on November 09, 2016, 11:15:49 AM
^ I will have to agree that while I have no issues with her REALLY (I don't) she is problematic on so many fronts ... I also agree I don't get why Harry whines about what Megan is getting when :

a. His past girlfriends have gotten it WORSE and I have seen NO "racist"  "undertones" about her that is ridiculous pointing out her race is not being a racist ...

b. He now has put the attention and an incredible amount of pressure on both of them with his statement ... Harry truly is dumb as a rock ... he might start by telling her to close down her Instagram and Snapchat that she uses as a tool to get attention before whining about the attention she is getting ...

Why should she close the instagran? She is not a silly, insecure girl who cares what others think. Harry spoke up because he was upset over the attacks she is receiving from intolerant people. And with you not worth discussing, for you a single person who serves for Harry is Cressida

Jenee

This is silly- a single statement and we're marrying them off already!! :lol:  I think it's entirely possible for a relationship to progress from dating to marriage in a few months, but it's unlikely for a long distance relationship to progress that quickly. Hopefully Harry and Meghan have the intelligence to live in the same city for a few months, before getting that serious.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore