Harry's Girls Father Linked to Zimbabwe President

Started by Wombat, December 07, 2004, 06:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wombat

I found out this story from South Africa...I wonder if anything will become of it!!or even if it's true!! :o iol.co.za

Gems

does it matter who her father, or any member of her family is? Get over it for God's sake! It's about her not them, i hate the way everytime someone is in the paper next to a royal you have to read about how aritocratic their family is, it's so boring.

Windsor

QuoteI found out this story from South Africa...I wonder if anything will become of it!!or even if it's true!! :o iol.co.za
WOW!!!!   I can not believe her father is linked to such a horrible man

Wombat

Quotedoes it matter who her father, or any member of her family is? Get over it for God's sake! It's about her not them, i hate the way everytime someone is in the paper next to a royal you have to read about how aritocratic their family is, it's so boring.
Yes it does matter Gems...the president of Zimbabwe is currently commiting genocide on his own people.  There are millions starving.  They say it's a bigger humanitarian disaster than Somalia etc.  Anyone who does business and makes their money with an evil dictator like Mugabe should be prosecuted!!!!!  :angry:

:( But it doesn't reflect on Chelsey.....she's not dealing with him....but it could have political ramifications if her and Harry become serious (ie: engaged) in the future!!! :(  

SexyVicki

I'm the one waving!!!

Wombat

Gems

Quotedoes it matter who her father, or any member of her family is? Get over it for God's sake! It's about her not them, i hate the way everytime someone is in the paper next to a royal you have to read about how aritocratic their family is, it's so boring.
Yes it does matter Gems...the president of Zimbabwe is currently commiting genocide on his own people.  There are millions starving.  They say it's a bigger humanitarian disaster than Somalia etc.  Anyone who does business and makes their money with an evil dictator like Mugabe should be prosecuted!!!!!  :angry:
My question was does it matter who her father is, and i don't think it does.

Windsor

Quotethe president of Zimbabwe is currently commiting genocide on his own people.
How awful :(  

Wombat

QuoteMy question was does it matter who her father is, and i don't think it does

Not for Chelsy personally..It won't change Harry's feelings for her.  But as I said before ANYONE who makes money from people's suffering is just as bad as those who inflict the suffering in the first place! :angry:

Twinksta

Wombat is right. It matters because it is political and the RF should not be dragged into anything political, even by association.  HM is always very careful about this sort of thing.      

Most white farmers have suffered terribly under Mugabe and it is odd that Chelsy's father has done so well.  The implication of that is bad.  :(    After all this is probably the same money that is paying for Chelsy's mercedes car and luxury homes while she parties with Prince Harry.  (Lucky girl though  :D )  

Never mind that his business is solely about killing magnificent  animals.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

People are focused on the romance, so it's not a huge issue. But if the papers find out anything linking her dad to corruption, it will be, for sure.    

Stix Chix

I'm with Wombat and Twinktsta.

No one can blame Chelsy for her dad's decisions n e more then they can blame Harry for his parents decisions.  
I hate to say it but I do think it'll end in tears because of the link to Mugabe.  :(  :(  :(   And the big game hunting ground wont win her or her family many points, though I'm sure they pay careful attention to the numbers of the herd and base that on what can be hunted and to what extent.  I'm not even against hunting but  I still think thats 2 extreme because of their being endangered.....or close to it.

Harryite #0004

Wombat

QuoteI hate to say it but I do think it'll end in tears because of the link to Mugabe
:angry:
QuoteIt matters because it is political and the RF should not be dragged into anything political, even by association. HM is always very careful about this sort of thing
:angry:
QuoteNever mind that his business is solely about killing magnificent animals
:angry: (It's just not cricket! - to those who don't know what I meant by that comment...it's not sport..not fun....not the done thing!) :angry: There are definately better ways to make money! :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly...I feel sorry for Her Majesty....not another headache....This whole issue is something that could get very big in the UK what with the current ban on Fox Hunting and the public outcry against the Mugabe regime! :angry:  :blink:

princessrose

I think it is too early to look upon such matters as seriously effecting Harry yet. The case of Chelsy?s father appears to be a serious one. However, I completely disagree with placing judgment about Chelsy herself, what we know of her is not concrete enough and using her father?s sins to shape a judgment is irrational.  But none the less you can always trust us Brits and our destructive tabloids to delightfully craft a scandal out of anything faintly political, especially when royalty is involved.
"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the

Wombat

QuoteHowever, I completely disagree with placing judgment about Chelsy herself

I never placed judgement on Chelsey....her father however (if it is true) is a different story.  And it does affect Harry.  A person in his postion has to be very careful.....it doesn't mean that he shouldn't fall in love with whoever he chooses but I do think that he should know what the implications of that love can be! <_<

Anyway....it may be a media beat up......we'll just have to wait and see! :D  

LisaG

QuoteI think it is too early to look upon such matters as seriously effecting Harry yet. The case of Chelsy?s father appears to be a serious one. However, I completely disagree with placing judgment about Chelsy herself, what we know of her is not concrete enough and using her father?s sins to shape a judgment is irrational.  But none the less you can always trust us Brits and our destructive tabloids to delightfully craft a scandal out of anything faintly political, especially when royalty is involved.
I know this is offtopic, but HI!! Princerose it's been a long time since I've seen you around. How are you??

:wavey:  

kitkat

:o

^_^  

Hi Princess Rose. I was wondering if you would ever come back! :D  It's nice to see you again!!!!!

ETA: Lisa you've got PM. :P  

Gems

QuoteMy question was does it matter who her father is, and i don't think it does

Not for Chelsy personally..It won't change Harry's feelings for her.  But as I said before ANYONE who makes money from people's suffering is just as bad as those who inflict the suffering in the first place! :angry:
That's what i meant, i didn't mean it doesn't matter what he does i meant why should it affect harry and chelsy? I think it's as bad as you do but i just dont think it should affect harry and chelsy.

princessrose

QuoteI think it is too early to look upon such matters as seriously effecting Harry yet. The case of Chelsy?s father appears to be a serious one. However, I completely disagree with placing judgment about Chelsy herself, what we know of her is not concrete enough and using her father?s sins to shape a judgment is irrational.  But none the less you can always trust us Brits and our destructive tabloids to delightfully craft a scandal out of anything faintly political, especially when royalty is involved.
I know this is offtopic, but HI!! Princerose it's been a long time since I've seen you around. How are you??

:wavey:
Thank you Lisa and kitkat, I am doing great!! :D  I?ve just been so caught up in things lately, I?m hoping I?ll have more time to come on, and wow there are so many new members, which is brilliant!!
"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the

Wombat

The Story is starting to gain momentum in the UK

It's only a matter of time before more news outlets pick this up.....I hope that Harry doesn't go to see her parents in Zimbabwe...What will Her Majesty and Prince Charles do? :unsure:

Gems

QuoteI hope that Harry doesn't go to see her parents in Zimbabwe...What will Her Majesty and Prince Charles do? :unsure:
Ithink he already has.

Windsor

Gems

Didn't a "witness" say he was sitting next to her mum Bev and they were laughing and joking".

Windsor

Gems

Windsor

I have never heard that...well I have now :D