Harrys gone to California

Started by NotWaitieKatie, October 02, 2011, 03:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

At least Harry is actually doing his work for a change.

Harryforlife25

NotWaitieKatie

Quote from: Ben on October 03, 2011, 07:11:52 PM

How long has Chelsy held down a real job now? 2 wks?
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

OceanSoul

:thumbsup:  Don't you know? Chelsy has a career :P   :lol:

"Party prince" or "caring prince"?
"I am both of them, and if that's a problem with anybody, then I'm very sorry."

Harryite #138 (#12-007)

OceanSoul

Is it possible Harry's still in the UK? if he's already in the US i find it weird the British press haven't said anything about it yet.

Harryite #138 (#12-007)

psm

Quote from: echo on October 03, 2011, 04:58:34 PM
Maybe he's not actually in California. Maybe they already deployed him to the battlefield and the California training is a ruse.

I don't actually think they did that, but it's fun to speculate.

I've posted a similar question months back. If and when Harry is deployed, the best scenario to cover it up is to have him go abroad for training purposes, make this news widely known and reported. I wasn't that much into Royal news during his first deployment, how was that handled? I know he was gone for 10 weeks, so that is not a short period of time. Didn't anyone get suspicious when there were no Harry spottings?

Louisiana Lady

.....I live here in the USA and scanning the news earlier today it did mention him starting his training here in the states this week.........I ran across a tweet of someone seeing him in uniform somewhere...I don't know if he is still in transit or that he is already here........ :Lothwen:.......

Hale

Quote from: psm on October 04, 2011, 12:43:05 AM
I've posted a similar question months back. If and when Harry is deployed, the best scenario to cover it up is to have him go abroad for training purposes, make this news widely known and reported. I wasn't that much into Royal news during his first deployment, how was that handled? I know he was gone for 10 weeks, so that is not a short period of time. Didn't anyone get suspicious when there were no Harry spottings?

psm, prior to Harry being sent out to Afghanistan last time round he did do pre training.  I don't think California & Arizona is a ruse because it makes sense to me that some part of the training should take place in a hot/cold climate.  It depends on where pilots are being deployed.

Wannabe mentioned Libya, but Somalia is a problem also.

wannable

We'll most likely have lots of footage and photos of Prince Harry in USA.  PR stunt or not, Sky News Royal Correspondent Paul Harrison confirms the following:  Although Prince Harry is already 27.  He keeps on getting the age wrong.

#Harry #royal the media facility will in fact be on Thursday before Harry arrives - hopeful for photos at least, once 26yr old arrives
4 hours ago

#royal #Harry British military have been training at NAF El Centro in many capacities for more than 20 years. Harry also at Gila Bend base
4 hours ago

#royal #Harry media will be shown details of Exercise Crimson Eagle and given insight into the AAC's Apache training in the United States.
5 hours ago

#royal #Harry the media is being allowed entry to El Centro air base in USA on Wednesday ahead of Prince Harry's arrival there
5 hours ago     

fleur

Is this a Quid pro quo ? Lets give the press some pics and they will leave him alone  :hmm:

wannable

It looks like, no?!  The Media invited in exchange of leave Prince Harry alone.  I bet Catherine's charity announcement will be parallel to his deployment.

fleur

Thats what i was thinking aswell , if he gets deployed , we will probably see her more out and about .

Jenee

Quote from: sophiechloe on October 02, 2011, 06:01:41 PM
Sorry that does not wash with me - Soldiers are prepared in this country to the highest standard for preparation of what they might encounter in the future.  Also, Harry has already been in Afghanistan so he knows the drill.

I think it is great that you think so highly of the UK, but soldiers are routinely sent all over the world for training exercises. Harry is on exercise Crimson Eagle, which takes place in the US desert. Read more about it here: LINK

QuoteAfter attending HAI’s Heli-Expo in Orlando in early March, I headed west and joined up with elements of the United Kingdom’s Army Air Corps to observe part of Exercise Crimson Eagle, which is staged out of Naval Air Station El Centro in southern California (look for the full story in an upcoming issue of Rotor & Wing this summer).

But why, you may ask, does British Army Aviation come all the way out to southern California to conduct its exercises? Very simply, they get the biggest ‘bang for their buck’ in one place. Lots of room at the air station itself, the use of a hangar throughout the year and four aircraft permanently based ‘in-country,’ a friendly area that is a low security risk, and more airspace to conduct live firing and mission preparation than they know what to do with. Being southern California and bordering with Arizona also helps with hot and high training, as well as dust landing training, although remarkably the air station, indeed the whole city, is 50 feet below sea level.

QuoteTraining in this environment is absolutely essential for crews and maintainers who are preparing to deploy on operations, principally to Afghanistan at the current time.

Another article about the training op

QuoteSo why bring the British attack helicopters all the way to the southwestern United States to complete their training? Well, there are many good and sound reasons. The Goldwater training range at its western edge presses up to the U.S. Marine Corps Air Station at Yuma, and at its furthest extent east falls south of Phoenix (and Luke Air Force Base) and just short of Tucson, Ariz. It is eight times the size of Salisbury Plain, the UK’s largest range (250 square miles and one ninth of the county of Wiltshire). It is even bigger than the British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS), on the plains of Alberta, Canada.

This means that aircrew can perform virtually every tactical scenario that they are likely to encounter with every weapon they have on the aircraft (Hellfires, 2.75” rockets and the 30mm chain gun) without being restricted by the size of the range. There is also the advantage that the ranges are constantly in use by U.S. forces, giving the opportunity to conduct coalition training—vital for both sides especially in large multinational force areas such as Helmand Province.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Ben

Quote from: Harryforlife25 on October 03, 2011, 10:20:12 PM
Quote from: Ben on October 03, 2011, 07:11:52 PM
:loco:
It's true, Harry seems to never work and Chelsy is very well educated.

fleur

Whats the point in bringing Chelsy into this topic , they have split up .

OceanSoul

What's the point of an education if you don't put it to use? she only started work 3 weeks ago until she sticks to a job for a year or two then we can say she's working and has a career.
Harry has made a career for himself in the army which he joined 6 years ago, the fact she has 2 degrees doesn't make her better than him or anyone else. Despite his wild side Harry has accomplished way more than she has in fact she hasn't done anything so far.

Harryite #138 (#12-007)

wannable

She'll be taken seriously after 2 years, that's the time it takes to pass position from Trainee to Junior Lawyer in any U.K. firm.

SophieChloe

OK - I've been put in my place, by posters who know more about the army than I do.  But, but, but - if pictures surface of Harry playing polo - I for one, will not be pleased  :wait:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

^ For the next 2 months, what should Prince Harry do whilst on a free day/weekend? 

SophieChloe

Quote from: wannable on October 05, 2011, 07:16:42 PM
^ For the next 2 months, what should Prince Harry do whilst on a free day/weekend? 
Not charge around on an expensive horse!  That's for sure. 

wannable

What if the Santa Barbara club president where Prince William played for charity, invites Prince Harry to spend his free day there, horses included?!

Although my San Onofre, San Diego intel tells me that he might be doing some surfing.  There's a famous and perfect beach right behind the military in San Onofre, Trestles - I've surfed Lowers & Uppers.

SophieChloe

Quote from: wannable on October 05, 2011, 07:28:06 PM
What if the Santa Barbara club president where Prince William played for charity, invites Prince Harry to spend his free day there, horses included?!
I thought he was there for training. -  No sorry - unless the others in the team are invited along along too and that includes surfing.  Why should he be treated differently - I thought Harry wanted to be part of the team? Treat them all the same - I say. 

wannable

He is there for the training, but during a free day, you're not obliged to be glued to your mates.  :shrug:

SophieChloe

Quote from: wannable on October 05, 2011, 07:39:02 PM
He is there for the training, but during a free day, you're not obliged to be glued to your mates.  :shrug:
No, they are all in it together.  Not a Prince sodding off for the day. 

wannable