Captain Harry ‘to settle down with Chelsy'

Started by foreign_girl, January 09, 2010, 10:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hale

Boy, AG, you were very quick off the mark to post this story.  I visited the DM just 5 minutes before you and they hadn't downloaded this story then.

Either way, I happen to think the story itself is a load of tosh.  The press are groping from Royal stories and are still feeling miffed for having been read the riot act about papping at Sandringham over Christmas.

foreign_girl

i like this part

friends joke that their competitive spirit could drive Harry to announce his engagement first, too.

'Kate and William are taking so long to announce their plans, but Harry and Chelsy have sorted through their differences and are ready to settle down together.

easydoesit

QuoteHarry's got most of the partying out of his system

Queue Harry being photographed leaving Raffles nightclub. So much for that.  :haha: The Daily Mail is always good for a laugh.

Ursula

Quote from: Hale on January 09, 2010, 10:28:38 PM
Either way, I happen to think the story itself is a load of tosh.  The press are groping from Royal stories and are still feeling miffed for having been read the riot act about papping at Sandringham over Christmas.
Yes, very true, Hale. 

Quote from: easydoesit on January 09, 2010, 10:52:33 PM
QuoteHarry’s got most of the partying out of his system

Queue Harry being photographed leaving Raffles nightclub. So much for that.  :haha: The Daily Mail is always good for a laugh.
I know!   :lmao3: :teehee: :haha:

Kate

I find the article amusing where it stated that Prince William managed to stay in the country for Kate's birthday...
What happened ? Did NZ alter the date of the grand openingof their new building to accomodate William, allowing him to stay home??

Poor Harry.... I also think this story of Prince Harry is junk and someon should be fired for such blatant fabrications, IMO..regarding him and chelsy getting married...

Ursula

Kate, William's trip to Australia wasn't delayed so I'm not sure of what you're getting at ???  The plans were made months ago and if he did plan it so that he'd be in the country for her birthday then shouldn't he get some credit from the folks who insist he doesn't treat Kate like he "really" loves her?  Hmmm.  If he was out of the country and missed her birthday, they'd be ready to hang him by the shorthairs.     

Kate

Quote from: Ursula on January 10, 2010, 01:12:34 AM
Kate, William's trip to Australia wasn't delayed so I'm not sure of what you're getting at ???  The plans were made months ago and if he did plan it so that he'd be in the country for her birthday then shouldn't he get some credit from the folks who insist he doesn't treat Kate like he "really" loves her?  Hmmm.  If he was out of the country and missed her birthday, they'd be ready to hang him by the shorthairs.      
:o   That would be sooooo painful. :cry: Hanging by the short hairs :( Ursual.. I was trying out a bit of sarcasm.... I just don't have the flair for it.. :sowhat:..) You're correct of course.. :) He would be all over the papers as a cad for missing out on her birthday...  
I hope they had a nice time with her family on Kate's b'day...   :blush:

What a lot of nonsense they've written about Harry.... Chelsy , IMO, is NOT thinking marriage....It's like rubbing salt into a wound, publishing this ridiculous stories...

Ursula

Thanks for clarifying, Kate!   :doublewave:  I misunderstood you then.  Sorry.   :)

ap3

i think they brought in the chelsy angle because a story about a guy getting a promotion isn't much of a story in and of itself.  esp a promotion and pay increase which they themselves admit doesn't mean much financially to them - the extra 5,000 isnt what is stopping them from getting married!  that's as silly as saying they'll announce their engagement out of competetiveness with wills and kate.

and, yes, i esp like the irony of him going to raffles at the same time the article comes out!

sillyjobug

Well, the article does just say "most" of the partying is out of his system. He hasn't been out too much lately; it's definitely a slow down from a while back. Everyone goes out sometimes.
Harryite #0094   

Scarlet Flowers

I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up marrying Chelsy one day.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Mike

Quote from: andrea galan on January 09, 2010, 10:12:28 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1241943/Captain-Harry-settle-Chelsy-Army-promotion-prove-turning-point-Prince-s-relationship.html
From the article:
QuoteHarry is expected to start training soon to be an Apache attack helicopter pilot, which might also benefit his relationship with Chelsy.
I thought Harry's training scores were insufficient for the Apache and he had changed over to the Lynx.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Lady63

I read the article and found it interesting that Kate has now moved back home.  28 and she's living with Mum and Dad and working for them as well.  Those Windsor men sure know how to pick independent thinking women, NOT.  I'm sorry but the cowtowing has got ridiculous imho.  She maybe dating the future King of Great Britain but that should not give the Palace nor him the right to tell her to tone down her living whilst she is still single.  Fine once she's engaged but really, no more resturant dates without him along, no more book openings or the like without him along.  So he's allowed to pursue his life and career but she can't or won't because she has to be 'available'.  Sorry but imho this relationship appears to be not one of 'equals' but of one telling what the other may or may not do an the other one just meekly cowtowing in order to win something she may later on regret.  I guess the desire for a tiara in her world is just so great, she will do anything required to get it.  A bit tasteless and lifeless imho.  Would any of you give up living your own life in order to possibly marry a future heir to a throne? For me, I would be willing to tow the line but only after the wedding but prior to that I would object to being told where and with whom I could go out with.

Regards,
lady63
You Can't Fix Stupid

sillyjobug

I agree completely, Lady63. I really hope that bit of the article is untrue. If it's actually the case of "no more partying without him, no more spending time with friends outside of his group," well... that's awful. That's a horrible relationship and a horrible way to live one's life. Whether it was her decision or his idea or the palace's idea, it's bloody well awful.
Harryite #0094   

daibando

Quote from: Hale on January 09, 2010, 10:28:38 PM
I wonder if the article has come about because the press are living in the past. Over twenty years ago, British officers were discouraged from marrying while under the rank of Captain. It was considered that their income wouldn't support a wife.

Hale

QuoteI read the article and found it interesting that Kate has now moved back home.  28 and she's living with Mum and Dad and working for them as well.

Kate never left home.  When she is in Berkshire she lives at home and when she is in London she stays in Chelsea.  This article is a non story which came about because the press were not in a position to publish their usual Sandringham stories on account of the fact that this year the paps were banned.

The press are clutching at straws.

Ursula

Thank you, Hale, for being the sound of reason!   :thumbsup: 

This is a PH thread so I didn't want to comment on W&K, but I agree.  This is a non-story and IMO it was a petty attempt at mocking William and Kate.  Kate has been working for PP and living at home for quite some time.  What is the renewed outrage over this?  And the idea that she's living under William's thumb just because her day to day life isn't played out before the media, well, only a petty minded journalist can come up with that twist.  :notamused:

Countess of Highgrove

The press are absolutely clutching at straws. We have no idea where Kate lives. Neither do the press. They proved over the weekend how little they know. Was she at Sandringham? Was she home? They don't know. They could be in Mustique for all we know. Or snowed in at berks. ;)

wannable

So what was she doing alone with her friends in a premier a few months back...a load of tosh news.

Hale

As for this story about Harry to settle down with Chelsy, and flying Apache's.........more tosh.

Really these newspapers need to get there act together.  Even they must be getting bored with the stories they are writing.

Stix Chix

i'm worried they'll be doing the same to Chelsy and Harry as they've been to Kate and William....with the constant engagement rumor etc.

in a way it makes sense....they've been together this long, why not take the next step?  the thing is (like W&K) i dont think Harry and Chelsy are ready to do so yet.  maybe they want to...maybe there is some truth to all the rumor?  both couples may well one day marry but (at the risk of their being an announcement tomorrow) i dont expect any this year.

if they all love each other and are happy then that's great imho.  the press should just let it be that.  they dont need to push the wedding angle all the time.

Harryite #0004

Lucy

Quote from: Lady63 on January 10, 2010, 06:40:31 AM
She maybe dating the future King of Great Britain but that should not give the Palace nor him the right to tell her to tone down her living whilst she is still single.  Fine once she's engaged but really, no more restaurant dates without him along, no more book openings or the like without him along. 

Crikey, she's out and about with her family and friends at tennis, clubs, restaurants, plays , holidays, shops, faires and so on...the Important thing is.....she is off limits to the press unless with William but she leads a VERY full life with the paparazzi out of her face UNTIL she decides otherwise.

The whole article is codswallop. Harry and Chelsy for all intents and purposes have gone their separate ways...for now.

DIANISTA # 1

sandy

I don't think they've gone their separate ways. As in the argument for Kate we don't see Chelsy and Harry 24/7. Supposedly Chelsy is keeping a low profile

Ursula

Oh yes.  Ever since she decided she was too busy to have a prince in her life she's kept a very low profile.   :haha: :lmao3: :hehe: :lmao2: