Boggis Rolfe

Started by 12345, December 21, 2008, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was at Beaufort the other day and some of the people I was talking to metioned the Boggis Rolfes a lot! Does anybody know anything about them?

fawbert

Ann Boggis-Rolfe is the wife of Joseph Buxron, Gloucestershire landowner, and mother of three children, William born 1983, Robert born 1984, and Laura Buxton, born 1990.
Fawbert

Alexandra123

I believe the maiden name of Joseph Buxton, Ann, was Boggis-Rolfe. Joseph William Buxton is the son of the late Captain Joseph Fowell Buxton, who was the son of Henry Fowell Buxton. All of them were Harrow graduates. Joseph Buxton was cousin of Sir Thomas Buxton, sixth baronet, who passed away at the end of 1996.

I am sure you would have heard a lot about Boggis-Rolfes in Beaufort, they are one of the oldest families there. Not very distinguished (in terms of 'titled' members) but very 'active' in all social activities in Beaufort and are one of the most respected, and oldest, families there.
If I am not mistaken, the Boggis-Rolfe family has also produced quite a few distinguished polo players.

Hope that helps. :)

topqueenb

OMG! Who are you people!?! LOL! I thought I knew the Royals & their acquaintances, but gee.  If I didn't know any better, I would think you were at the very least acquaintances yourselves.