Harry's new image

Started by LadyLove, March 06, 2004, 05:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that Harry's new "nice guy wanting to change the world" image is true or fake?

COMPLETELY true
7 (43.8%)
COMPLETELY false
0 (0%)
Maybe a little of both
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

LadyLove

I think his PR man is getting paid a whole lot.

AnitolaNova

Didn't he say that he wanted to go to Africa before he got the PR man-dude??

e-ccentriceventer

I think he got a lot of bad press he didn't deserve- I mean if you read something before the drugs story came out- he is portrayed as the more calm, sensible one, and after that it just went whooooosh. Granted, they can't use pictures if him drunk if he doesn't get drunk or fill in another word, but I think he's more nice and genuine and sensitive than a lot of the members of the press went to believe, so there's kind of a lot of re-inventing to do. So to those who that confused (myself included) I shall try to vote later, I'm debating it lol.
Polo. Everything else is just a sport!

Let other people play other things... the king of sports is still the sport of kings!

A polo handicap is a man's ticket to the world. ~Wintson Churchill

tkampenhout

He id get a lot of press. I think that it is true. After all he did go to Africa and whereever he is now.

pixie

Very few things in this world are either completely true or completely false.  I doubt very much that Harry is doing this on his own because he feels it's the right thing, that there's nothing else he'd rather do with his time, that he'd have gone without at least a slight push out the door, that we'll see a turnaround in his immature behavior, and that he doesn't realize and appreciate this as a good photo call opportunity to help improve his image.  Neither do I believe the complete opposite.  Things are rarely that simple.

Here's how I imagine it playing out: "Papa, can I go to Agentina to play polo?" "No, Harry." "How about New York to party with my friends?" "No." "Bum around London?" "No." "Africa?" "Will you do something useful with yourself there?" "I could do AIDS stuff?" "Deal." This wasn't Harry's first choice, but it is a cause he cares about, even if he wouldn't choose on his own to spend his time doing this.  He cares, but there's also more than a bit self-interest going on.  Honestly, judging by Harry's past behavior, I'm a bit inclined to lean towards him going for reasons of image above reasons of charity, but I don't think it's purely selfishness that's driving him.

I'd also bet that, now that he's there, he's glad.  In the abstract his reasons were more "what can the AIDS orphans do for me?" and now it's "what can I do for them?"  He'll still require some pushing to go back, I think, but it'll get easier each time.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

princessrose

QuoteHere's how I imagine it playing out: "Papa, can I go to Agentina to play polo?" "No, Harry." "How about New York to party with my friends?" "No." "Bum around London?" "No." "Africa?" "Will you do something useful with yourself there?" "I could do AIDS stuff?" "Deal."
:D  Pixie I just love your posts

I agree with the point you made about him now being glad to be there, I mean part of it must come the heart, and then the knowledge of the kind of coverage it will lead.
"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the

tkampenhout

pixie

Quote:D  Pixie I just love your posts
Thank you, rose!  I'm a fan of yours, too.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

abc

I voted a bit of both, I agree with pixie that things are rarely completly true of completly false.
I am sure he is aware of the good publicity it will bring him but he is also probably aware of
the good publicity it will bring them. So I don't think this is just to bolster his image, he
probably is really concerned about these issues.  
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

Don't lie, you miniature copy machine... :angry: - dcd

AnitolaNova

Quote:D  Pixie I just love your posts
Thank you, rose!  I'm a fan of yours, too.
I'm feelin' a little too much love in the room. It's makin' me sick!  :blink:

:: runs to the bathroom to hurl ::

tkampenhout

Right. He knows about the publicity for everyone, and he does it because its a good cause.