Prince Harry in media glare again

Started by sharon, March 05, 2004, 06:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharon

hi  

I don't know if anyone watched the special on princess diana last night ( NBC, US ). Andrew Morton had tapes of her discussing the trauma and heart break she suffered as a young royal princess. I felt really really sorry for her...
This article deals with Harry and the effects the tapes could have on him
http://inhome.rediff.com/news/2004/mar/05uk.htm

tkampenhout

Well Wills knew what his mom and dad were going through and they still have a decent relationship. So I am sure that they can work it out too. Harry is nice like that.

pixie

Thanks for posting that.

QuoteHints of Harry's personality problems, and how these could be the consequence of his parents' broken marriage, have been seeping into the British media for several months.
Yeesh.  "Personality problems."  I'm not generally in the pro-Harry camp, but that seems a little harsh to me.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

AnitolaNova

QuoteThanks for posting that.

QuoteHints of Harry's personality problems, and how these could be the consequence of his parents' broken marriage, have been seeping into the British media for several months.
Yeesh.  "Personality problems."  I'm not generally in the pro-Harry camp, but that seems a little harsh to me.
Are they talking about something we don't know about?? Or is it just his rebelious-party-animal thing?? Come on!! There's nothing wrong with having a little fun!! His dad was a bit of a wild thang too, back in the day.

tkampenhout

No I think they mean more along the lines of his father mistreating his mom. His party side has nothing to do with this. They just think it might mess thigns up if Harry believes and takes it all to heart.

e-ccentriceventer

Some people patronize the RFamily too much, serisouly. Like they're not human beings- they can't make mistakes, and they must be written about like two-year-olds. A lot of it in the media is acutally just people who don't know much about Royalty- if I knew what was said about Harry when he was born long before now, he probably did too. (And I say probably for one reason, so I don't come across as dictating what they know and don't know.)
Polo. Everything else is just a sport!

Let other people play other things... the king of sports is still the sport of kings!

A polo handicap is a man's ticket to the world. ~Wintson Churchill

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

QuoteNo I think they mean more along the lines of his father mistreating his mom. His party side has nothing to do with this. They just think it might mess thigns up if Harry believes and takes it all to heart.
Actually they state "personality problems" in the present and not in the coming future if he takes all of this to heart. Though, I don't think he really has personality problems. The boy's young, he should be allowed to party somewhat and make mistakes.
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

aussiegirl

we didn't get it over here  (c we are not that important lol) but what they did show was how Charles was dissapointed wit Diana coz Harry waz a boy and she also said how he hated Harry's red hair. God that is bad and the really sad thing is we don't know if it's true, i really hope it it's not true but diana said that and so ya know!!!!.

Also they showed footage of how on a trip somewhere Di fainted and Charles said 2 her "why couldn't you faint quitley or behind a door, and how Di tried 2 throw herself down the stairs while pregnent with William and the Queen came out and was shaking and Charles went riding, also how Diana said her wedding dress was the worst day of her life coz of Camilla.

This is all the stuff that they showed and this made me want 2 cry and it wasn't even half of the documentry  :waaaah: so i can't imagine the rest of the stuff it would have been on it  :waaaah:  
Living in the Land Down Under, where woman go and make thunder
Met a large man, he just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich!!
Living Down Under YEAH!!

tkampenhout

QuoteNo I think they mean more along the lines of his father mistreating his mom. His party side has nothing to do with this. They just think it might mess thigns up if Harry believes and takes it all to heart.
Actually they state "personality problems" in the present and not in the coming future if he takes all of this to heart. Though, I don't think he really has personality problems. The boy's young, he should be allowed to party somewhat and make mistakes.
I agree with you he should be allowed to party.

stewie_griffin

This is kind of off topic, but have you guys heard that Harry has caught some heat for wearing an England shirt while he did that photocall? There was an article that slammed Harry for wearing that shirt and pleading for "charities in England" to aid Lesotho, when he is a prince of Great Britain, not just England. This reminds me of the rugby match when he was cheering on England aganist Wales.  
Peter: "Joe, that talk is un-American. Did George W. Bush quit after he lost the popular vote? No! Did he quit after he lost thousands of dollars of his father's friends' money in failed oil companies? No! Did he quit after he knocked that woman up? No! Did he quit after getting that DUI? No! Did he

LisaG

OMG Stewie! You're avatar is soooo funny! LOL

tkampenhout

Well jsut because he is the Prince of Great Britain does not mean he has to feel equally about both. I eman I am from Belgium but now I am in the US. That does not mean I have to like both, I hate the US in fact.(nothign personal)

abc

The article makes it out like he is this naive two year old, I am sure he was already aware of the many problems in his parents marriage. These are things he has already had to deal with so i am not sure why it will cause some new trama. The worst it simply having to hear it rehashed on tv, the show did not portray charles well at all and while the stuff said may be true, its proabaly still annoying and hard to hear.  
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

Don't lie, you miniature copy machine... :angry: - dcd

AnitolaNova

QuoteThe article makes it out like he is this naive two year old, I am sure he was already aware of the many problems in his parents marriage. These are things he has already had to deal with so i am not sure why it will cause some new trama. The worst it simply having to hear it rehashed on tv, the show did not portray charles well at all and while the stuff said may be true, its proabaly still annoying and hard to hear.
Well, I doubt they watched the show or have read any of the articles about it. They probably just heard that some tapes were gonna be played on TV and haven't heard any of it.

abc

QuoteThe article makes it out like he is this naive two year old, I am sure he was already aware of the many problems in his parents marriage. These are things he has already had to deal with so i am not sure why it will cause some new trama. The worst it simply having to hear it rehashed on tv, the show did not portray charles well at all and while the stuff said may be true, its proabaly still annoying and hard to hear.
Well, I doubt they watched the show or have read any of the articles about it. They probably just heard that some tapes were gonna be played on TV and haven't heard any of it.
maybe they haven't watched it but I am such they have heard all about it. They seem acutely aware of what the press says.
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

tkampenhout

They are aware of it. However like most sane people they just ignore it because most of the media is wrong or halfway wrong.

AnitolaNova

QuoteThis is kind of off topic, but have you guys heard that Harry has caught some heat for wearing an England shirt while he did that photocall? There was an article that slammed Harry for wearing that shirt and pleading for "charities in England" to aid Lesotho, when he is a prince of Great Britain, not just England. This reminds me of the rugby match when he was cheering on England aganist Wales.
Well what's he supposed to do?? Get a new wardrobe?? He lives in England and I'm sure in England they sell a lot of T-shirt with the English flag on them!! Have any of you seen a shirt with the Lesotho flag on it?? I think not. I don't see what the big damn deal is! Why are they being so mean to him? It pisses me off!  

AnitolaNova

QuoteThat does not mean I have to like both, I hate the US in fact. (nothing personal)
Why?? Just wondering.  :)  

LadyLove

QuoteWell jsut because he is the Prince of Great Britain does not mean he has to feel equally about both. I eman I am from Belgium but now I am in the US. That does not mean I have to like both, I hate the US in fact.(nothign personal)
:rolleyes:  :rolleyes: OH, yeah, me too. *cough*greatestplaceonearth*cough* *cough*doesn'tcareaboutbeingcalledarrogant*cough*

tkampenhout

Well the US is ok. But I had all of my friend,my g/f and everything else in Belgium then I had to move. The us is ok but I like cold weather so that sucks. And there's just a lot I don;t like. But then ok I had a lot more advantages here in the US. I was just trying to make a point that the shirt doesn't mean anything.

sara1981

I dont think so about the Prince William and Prince Harry watch of his mom Princess Diana the secret tapes because Harry in Africa and William in Scotland for school both not watch it! i dont think so Royal Family watch of Princess Diana's secret tapes.

Sara Boyce

sunshine69

QuoteGod that is bad and the really sad thing is we don't know if it's true, i really hope it it's not true but diana said that and so ya know!!!!.

I'm not disputing the fact that Diana was a wonderful person. I think she was. I think she was a good mother, too. But most people forget that she was also insane. The woman forced herself to throw up, and cut herself! And as a survivor of an eating disorder, I know firsthand that unhealthy views of food and weight are only the surface of some mental issues. And her cutting herself makes it doubly worse. Pixie has also said several times that Diana knew how to play the media like a violin (not the exact wording, but it's the same message). During their messy divorce, Diana took every opportunity to make Charles look like a poor father and an even worse husband in the spotlight.

I'm not saying anything about Charles, mind you. I think they both were (and maybe Charles still is) a little touched in the head. But just because Diana said something (especially something about Charles), I wouldn't hold it to be the most credible thing in the world.
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

tkampenhout

I don't know what most people think but I guess in a way that is a form of insaness. In a way though the causes only led to the consequences.

abc

I wouldn't say it makes them insane its generally a cry for help or a sign of psycological problems.
Sometimes people do it in because its the only kind of control they have in there life. Yeah I know it sounds nuts but I have known some people and while one girl was just messed up, the others were a cry for help. Some people have said cutting kinda of releases stress and tension but you'd ahve to have serious problems to do it.

As for diana she wasn't prepared at all for being a royal and the media attention it brings, she should have gotten help when the feelings arose but then probably didn't because fo the time and how it would look if the press found out.  

tkampenhout

Well no that does not sound nuts. It makes a lot of senses.