George Hill Returns

Started by pixie, March 04, 2004, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixie

So, I was reading a Hello! article (Sara already posted it somewhere in another thread, but it's here if you want to check it out again) and saw this little ditty:
Quote"Prince Harry and his friend George Hill have been travelling the country getting to know Lesotho and its people and working on projects to help local communities," said a Clarence House spokesman.
Remember George?  He was the boy who was at China White with Harry the night of all that trouble.  They stayed at the club until three and then went off to a private party.  He may or may not have made out with one of the girls who may or may not have made out with Harry.

So, I was surprised to see old Georgie's name tucked in this article.  I figured the guy was a bad influence, or at least one of his less-than-committed-to-service friends, and now we hear he's taking Har all around africa with him.  I'm confused.  Therefore, the first question I'm pose to you is: do think George is a good or bad influence on Harry?

Then, the next question: do you think it's a little weird that the CH spokesman mentions George by name?  I mean, what's up with that?  Do you think the palace is trying to clear George's good name after it got (slightly) muddied by CW night, or would they have mentioned it anyway?  Generally the spokesmen don't mention the names of the princes' friends, so I think it's a little strange that they chose to do so.  If I remember correctly, the NotW article mentioned that he was a son of Diana's friend.  Do you think that might have something to do with this?

I don't know.  I'm pretty puzzled about the whole thing.  
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

LadyLove

I think that they probably mentioned his name on purpose to "prove" that not all that Harry and George do as friends is go out and party. I don't know, i shouldn't try to sound intelligent. haha.