Harry's Trip To Africa

Started by AnitolaNova, March 03, 2004, 03:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnitolaNova

LisaG

New video from Africa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/

On the bottom right hand corner of the page click more video options (under videos) and then you can choose the Harry clip. IT's good!  

riley

The video is good. I never knew his voice was that deep. The pictures of him in Lesotho are really good as well. Cheers.
"Nobody can make you feel inferior with out your permission." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"I wanna be so close to Heaven I see Angels..."~Sugarland

tkampenhout

The video is not up there anymore..

AnitolaNova

Anyone know where we can find the video??

pixie

There are so many articles out there.  I'll try to collect a few.

This one from The Sun is the first I saw.  I went in all "he's just doing this for the publicity, think of his behavior the rest of the time, do you really think this is genuine?" and left all "okay, I know it's PR, but awww . . . "  The kid with him is so cute and little and it's just . . . I don't know if it's genuine, but he's still getting good work done, and that's definitely got to count for something.

More articles:

The Mirror: Harry and the AIDS orphans
The Herald: Prince Charming?s African appeal
The Guardian: Prince pitches in Harry helps in Lesotho
 Evening Standard: In his mother's footsteps

There are some more, but they're all pretty much saying the same thing.  I'm going to leave it at that for now.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

princessrose

Thank you Anitola, Lisa, and pixie for posting those articles :D .
About the is he genuine or not thing, I personally don?t think one could determine if someone?s intentions were genuine or not by knowing so little about his or her true personality. And was it for publicity, well I can assuredly tell you that almost anything the princes or anyone with a high profile does that is put in public be it intentionally or not has something to do or effect the press coverage. Having said all that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I personally think that Harry must feel some connection towards the work he is helping otherwise he would not have done it nor mentioned his intention to pursue it a year ago. I think this has something to do with his mother as well, feeling slightly connected to some of the things she pursued. And talking about Diana, all the charity work she has done I?m sure came from her want to help, but she also must have been very aware of the good publicity it attracted and she embraced and encouraged that for various reasons. Whether you believe he truly wanted to help or not, you must give him some credit, I mean just him mentioning Lesotho would attract more help sent towards it. I think Prince Harry, like any other human being, should not be judged by some of his bad actions that were blown beyond proportion in the media. Like every one of us, he has great qualities as well as bad, but unfortunately due to his title, this factor tends to be obscured. If Harry follows his heart and his vibrant and exuberant personality, great things could possibly come from him. That was a really long post, hope I made sense and didn't repeat my self too much :P  :D  
"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the

abc

Video link - scroll down, its on the left side. I haven't watched it yet because I am at work, but I thought I would share.  
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

Don't lie, you miniature copy machine... :angry: - dcd

AnitolaNova

QuoteVideo link - scroll down, its on the left side. I haven't watched it yet because I am at work, but I thought I would share.
Sank you veddy mush.

pixie

http://www.anorak.co.uk/news.cfm?id=165291

QuoteIn stage one of Harry's metamorphosis into his mum, he's in southern Africa befriending the desperate and needy, who, as luck has it, come in the neat shape of attractive black children, accessories that went with many of Diana's famous outfits.

*snert*  I find that way too funny . . . er, terrible, it's a terrible thing to say.  It certainly wouldn't make me burst out laughing.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

abc

I watched the link finally (no longer at work) and harry sounds a lot like william. I don't recall hearing him speak anywhere so I was a bit suprised but then they are brothers so maybe its just me.  
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

Don't lie, you miniature copy machine... :angry: - dcd