Poll: Most shocking event in the future????

Started by LadyLove, October 12, 2003, 09:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What could be the most shocking royal event in the future?

The monarchy abolished
11 (52.4%)
Charles and Camilla marry
2 (9.5%)
William abdicates, Harry future King
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

LadyLove

I'm not sure what i would pick. (i don't think any is going to happen)

pixie

The monarchy will eventually be abolished.  Both history and common sense teach us that nothing lasts forever.  While I don't think the monarchy will be abolished within our lifetime, I'd be a fool if I said it never would be.  However, I don't consider it shocking, just the natural course of history.

I would be absolutely shocked if Will did give up the throne for Harry, but I definitely don't think it's going to happen.  Will has gone on the record about how being king is his duty and how it's a duty he will fullfill.  Abdication for him is just not going to happen.  

I don't think Charles and Camilla will get married, but many who are in the know do, so I'm voting for this.  It would be more shocking than the monarchy getting abolished and is far more likely than Will giving up the throne.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

FtLouie34

QuoteI would be absolutely shocked if Will did give up the throne for Harry, but I definitely don't think it's going to happen.  Will has gone on the record about how being king is his duty and how it's a duty he will fullfill.  Abdication for him is just not going to happen.  

I totally agree. Everyone always says he has Diana's independence and Charles's crippling sense of duty. He wouldn't give up the throne--he just seems to understand that it's his destiny. It would also be pushing everything on Harry, who hasn't grown up knowing that he's going to be king.

sara1981

I think Prince Charles would gives to become King then William will become king after his dad!

Sara Boyce

PrincessPreppy

I null my vote becasue it would be when he takes a catholic bride. :blushes: I know I know
Harryite #0035

FtLouie34

QuoteI null my vote becasue it would be when he takes a catholic bride. :blushes: I know I know
*laughs insanely*

princesscharmingolas

Monarchy abolished. I know it's going to happen someday but not during this time. Not going to happen during William's time, but will happen. Basically everything pixie said.
Charmee.[/font]