Harry and women

Started by PrincessPreppy, September 03, 2003, 09:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine69

I don't know if it's a nickname yet...I dunno, AN just looks so stark, we may need to tweak it a little...but you have to admit, it's easier than typing out AnitolaNova! :lol:  
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

PrincessPreppy

We give lots of people nick names, don't get overly exicted there lassy. Ani might work.

Harryite #0035

AnitolaNova

QuoteWe give lots of people nick names, don't get overly exicted there lassy. Ani might work.
Yes. I think Ani should be my official nickname. Call the papers and radio stations!!!

PrincessPreppy

I don't think you can really choose one for yourself.

Ever see that seinfield where George wants to be nicknamed T-bone? Super humorlicious
Harryite #0035

AnitolaNova

QuoteI don't think you can really choose one for yourself.

Ever see that seinfield where George wants to be nicknamed T-bone? Super humorlicious
The last time I let someone pick my nickname I was called "Lardass" for an entire year.

PrincessPreppy

QuoteI don't think you can really choose one for yourself.

The last time I let someone pick my nickname I was called "Lardass" for an entire year.
Well that is unfortunate, yet still it is presumptive to pick your own. I would not go around saying that I wanted to be called Pixie because really I am so much more pixie like than her and that she is to be called tweed or something equally random.  
Harryite #0035

sunshine69

Um. Tweed? And I'm the oddball for nodding my head like an owl?
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

pixie

QuoteI always find it funny that most people outside of Georgia think that sixteen is way too young to be having sex, when I know so many eleven and twelve year olds who do it on a regular basis. And yet Kathy Cox insists that we never speak the "E" word. My, my.
That's so sad.

Anyway, to be the confused loser-dork I so clearly am, what's the "E" word?
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

sunshine69

The "E" word is "evolution". Kathy Cox proposed to take it out of biology textbooks and replace it with "biological changes over time", because the E word apparently upsets some of these conservatives down here. What I would like to know is why these old men who apparently must have bad wedgies are so upset about the E word, but turn their head when their 16 year old daughter comes home pregnant.

Of course, the E word is back in textbooks and she slit her own throat politically. Of course, she proposed for no history that happened before 1500 A.D. be taught, and THAT will most likely pass. And of course it's conveniently cut off right after The Crusades. It wouldn't do for some of these people to learn that the Christians lost. Also, high school students won't delve into The Civil War, or the American Revolution. Of course, this is all still up for reassessment, nothing is permanent...yet. Grrr, don't get me started on Ms. Cox. I've met the woman, and I'm almost positive she wants to take the E word out of textbooks because she knows that monkeys are smarter than her.

pixie

I actually heard about that and it got me really upset.  You're not allowed to use the word "evolution" in textbooks in Texas.  It's crazy.

And, honestly, how can they teach biology?  Evolution is such an enormous part of it!  If they took it out, there is no way a Georgian high school student could take the Biology AP and get a passing grade because the concept of evolution is just so central to the biological sciences.  I mean, how the f*ck are you supposed to explain genetic similarities?  Survival of the fittest?  Anything at all?

It makes me so angry, and I don't even live there.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

sunshine69

Well, the UGA science person man said that they would not accept any AP Biology credit from a Georgia student if that change took place. What makes me mad...okay, I'm not going to expect people to believe humans came from monkeys. Whatever your belief system is, you work it out with yourself. But evolution is MUCH more than monkeys to humans, and the confederate flag waving rednecks down here just CANNOT accept that. And if you try to explain that to them, you get the confederate flag waved in your face as they run into the mountains to the banjo music. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. They don't run into the mountains.

Grrr, I will not get started. I will not get started.  

FtLouie34

QuoteGrrr, I will not get started. I will not get started.

I will.

Kathy Cox is a big fat cow and I got in trouble last year for "causing a scene" in my fifth period Science class because I said that she was a power whore. Boo-freakin'-hoo. And also saying that she was an idiot because of the whole "E" word and 1500 A.D. thing. Turns out my science teacher was a personal friend of her. Whoops.

pixie

Quoteshe is to be called tweed or something equally random.
That's a crappy nickname, Prep.  You know, there's a reason my nicknames stick and yours don't.  It's that yours suck.

You need to be sent to like nicknaming boot camp or something, because Tweed is just pitiful.
-Zoe Williams

sunshine69

Yes, a better nickname for pixie would be "wool" or an equally offending fabric.  

pixie

QuoteKathy Cox is a big fat cow and I got in trouble last year for "causing a scene" in my fifth period Science class because I said that she was a power whore. Boo-freakin'-hoo. And also saying that she was an idiot because of the whole "E" word and 1500 A.D. thing. Turns out my science teacher was a personal friend of her. Whoops.
The nerve of that teacher!  Getting angry because you called someone a whore?  What type of reasonable rule is that?

Seriously, Lou, it's not that I'm not on your side (I'm with you on the fact that she is, in fact, a power whore), but, you know, maybe it's not the language you should choose to use in front of a teacher.  If I were you teacher, I would've been angry, and I agree with you.
-Zoe Williams

pixie

QuoteYes, a better nickname for pixie would be "wool" or an equally offending fabric.
I feel like wool actually has more stick than tweed.  You know, you could do like "woolie," or "woolatron," "woolnator," "woolnation," or other similar things.  Not particularly great, mind you, but definitely more possibility than tweed.
-Zoe Williams

sunshine69

Well, let's be fair to tweed. You could be Tweedy, Tweedish, Ms. Tweed, Twee-Twee, etc. But I must admit it's a bit frightening you suggested 'woolatron'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pixie

One of my friend's last name if Wolf, and we use Wolfatron.  It sounds like it wouldn't work, but it does.  Great for screaming at parties, and incredibly funny when drunk.  Also, when people are really trashed, you say "do the wolfatron" to the tune of "do the hustle."  Sober, that's amusement free, but drunk . . .

Trust me, it's an awesome, awesome nickname.
-Zoe Williams

FtLouie34

QuoteKathy Cox is a big fat cow and I got in trouble last year for "causing a scene" in my fifth period Science class because I said that she was a power whore. Boo-freakin'-hoo. And also saying that she was an idiot because of the whole "E" word and 1500 A.D. thing. Turns out my science teacher was a personal friend of her. Whoops.
The nerve of that teacher!  Getting angry because you called someone a whore?  What type of reasonable rule is that?

Seriously, Lou, it's not that I'm not on your side (I'm with you on the fact that she is, in fact, a power whore), but, you know, maybe it's not the language you should choose to use in front of a teacher.  If I were you teacher, I would've been angry, and I agree with you.
She told me that I was unreasonable and that I would get nowhere in life without respect for authority first, after I told her that Kathy Cox was sucking what was left of Georgia's educational value. And before that, she said that Cox was an amazing woman, and a visionary. I kind of coughed when she said that, I swear before God I didn't mean to do it, but when you call me unreasonable, it ain't gonna be pretty, because I consider myself a pretty open person when I want to be.

And my finger really, really hurts.

AnitolaNova

:wavey:  

princesscharmingolas

Lou has Orli in her avatar... :drooling:  
Charmee.[/font]