William issues a denial on the romance

Started by kasper, June 16, 2003, 01:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

By PAUL THOMPSON
Royal Correspondent

PRINCE William took the unprecedented step yesterday of denying he has fallen in love with a leggy beauty from Kenya.

He asked aides to issue a statement after reports he had a ?pretend engagement? to Jessica Craig.

It said: ?St James?s Palace denies there is, or ever has been, any romantic liaison between Prince William and Jessica Craig.?

And Jessica, 21 ? who met Wills at her family?s nature reserve in Kenya ? told pals: ?I have a boyfriend and it is not Prince William.?

A friend revealed: ?William and Jecca get on very well, they enjoy each other?s company ? but that is as far as it goes.?

Jessica, daughter of wealthy conservationists, is due to fly to Britain today for Wills? 21st party on Saturday, but may now pull out.

A source said: ?William is very embarrassed this happened to his friend.

?He feels dreadful for Jessica.

Denial ... William
?She is a very private person and he wanted this statement to end the speculation.?

Aides said William?s decision to learn Swahili and have an African theme at his 21st indicated his love of Africa rather than for Jessica.

Wills has previously been linked with other girls, including flatmate Kate Middleton and society girl Davina Duckworth Chad.

But yesterday?s statement ? approved by Prince Charles ? was the first time he has officially denied a romance.

Wills first met Jessica during his gap year in 2001.

He has since returned to the reserve at least four times, while Jessica has met several of Wills? closest friends.

This is really strange.  William has NEVER deny any romance from the past.  This is certainly the first time he ever did this.  Do you think he's trying to protect her?

sunshine69

Well...maybe.

Or his father could've told him that as the future King of England, it was time he stood up and handled the press.
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

kasper

And what have he been doing for the past few years?  Being a baby?

Miryoku

This is definitely a first - Will has never issued a formal statement about anything regarding his love life before.

It may also be that he's a little older now and feels more confident speaking directly to the press instead of going through his handlers at St. James Palace.

Or it could be that he is is trying to protect her and keep their relationship a secret for as long as possible.  It seems unlikely, though, that he would outright lie to the public about it if they really were dating as that could really backfire on him later on if the truth ever came out.

Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

sunshine69

It was just a suggestion. But it is known that he will shy away from the press, and is just trying to act "normal" when in reality he is the future King of England, and will need to take on certain responsibilites. He may have felt that a statement coming from him would sound more plausible.
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

kasper

First of all, if this was the so-called step to "manhood", then why the heck did he not apologize FOR HIMSELF on the road rage incident?  I would think that would be more important than denying a silly romance, assuming, of course that he is telling the truth, that there are no romance.  If you think about it, Charles HAD to apologize for him in that car incident, which is more serious.  Besides, these two "news" came out about the same time.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

I think it was very kind of him to do this, and some people asked why he never did this before, I think it was because no one had ever really said he was engaged to any of the other girls.  :)  

Leigh2B

... he's just trying to protect her that's all... time will tell, and if in the future, this proves to be a lie, then the Monarch can call it quits.

sunshine69

QuoteFirst of all, if this was the so-called step to "manhood", then why the heck did he not apologize FOR HIMSELF on the road rage incident?  I would think that would be more important than denying a silly romance, assuming, of course that he is telling the truth, that there are no romance.  If you think about it, Charles HAD to apologize for him in that car incident, which is more serious.  Besides, these two "news" came out about the same time.
Yeah. It did look bad that he didn't apologize for himself on the speeding incident.  

Miryoku

QuoteFirst of all, if this was the so-called step to "manhood", then why the heck did he not apologize FOR HIMSELF on the road rage incident?  I would think that would be more important than denying a silly romance, assuming, of course that he is telling the truth, that there are no romance.  If you think about it, Charles HAD to apologize for him in that car incident, which is more serious.  Besides, these two "news" came out about the same time.
I completely agree, Kasper - William should have apologized personally for the incident instead of having Charles do it for him.

It makes him look like a little baby hiding behind his father.  Ideally he should have apologized himself but if not it would have been better for him not to apologize and have no one else apologize on his behalf either.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Thank you for posting that.  :)  

Miryoku

QuoteI think it was very kind of him to do this, and some people asked why he never did this before, I think it was because no one had ever really said he was engaged to any of the other girls.  :)
Excellent point GPB! :D   An engagement is pretty serious business!

I don't think we've met yet - I'm new to this forum too (I just joined a couple of days ago) so we're both newbies  :P  

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No, I do not think we have met before miryoku 81. It is nice to meet you.  :)  :)  :)  

Miryoku

QuoteNo, I do not think we have met before miryoku 81. It is nice to meet you.  :)  :)  :)
Nice to meet you too.  I hope that you'll continue posting (and thanks for all of the articles). :)  :)

Are from Canada by any chance (I noticed that one of your links was to Canada.com).  I'm from Toronto.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No, I do not live there all the time. I have several houses all over, so I live in many different places.  :)  

Miryoku

Wow, that must be nice to travel and live in several places all over the world! :D  

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

At times it is very nice to live in different places but when you have friends in each place it makes it hard, because you cannot be in nine places at once.  :)  

Leigh2B

... yep, that's more like my father... he's constantly traveling and/or checking up on his properties...

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Then again sometimes it is so much fun.  :)  

pixie

With the car incident, I somehow get the feeling that Charles was apologizing for the behavior of the guards, not of William.  All Will did is pass some guy on a road, no apology necessary.  His guards, however, ran the poor man off the road, held him up for 15 minutes and gave him a severe talking to.  The ridiculous arrogance of the guards ("do you know he is?") deserves to be apologized for.  As Charles is more responsible for the guards then William, it makes sense that he should apologize instead of William. (Of course, it would be even more appropriate for Scotland Yard or  whoever hires them to apologize, but it makes sense if Charles didn't want to take it outside of Highgrove.)

Hey, guys, this is the same denial that was posted earlier, the same one to which everyone said that the palace "doth protest too much."  The quote is the same.  Also, if you read the article carefully, it says that the PALACE issued the denial, not William.  He might have told them to do it, but they aren't his words. The palace also issued a denial for that Issabella girl with the crazy hypenated name (if you guys don't know who I mean I can look it up), saying that she and William had never met and nothing was going on.

The palace is good about things like these.  They'll either deny, confirm (like when they said he and Arabella did have a relationship, but nothing was going on now) or refuse to comment (which we can almost always take as a confirmation), and they won't lie because they can't stand to lose their credibility.  Simple as that.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

kasper

By any chance do you happen to have a house in Kenya?  :lol:  

pixie

As a PS to my earlier post, and any others I make/have made today.  I've been having a really terrible day so everything I say is coming out a bit b*tchy.  I'm very sorry, and try not to take it personally or think I'm a terrible person . . . it's just been a really hard day.
-pix
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

Miryoku

QuoteAs a PS to my earlier post, and any others I make/have made today.  I've been having a really terrible day so everything I say is coming out a bit b*tchy.  I'm very sorry, and try not to take it personally or think I'm a terrible person . . . it's just been a really hard day.
-pix
It's totally cool - nothing you say is coming out b*tchy at all.  

In fact, I like how you're thinking about all of this critically and really analyzing the articles and picking them apart.  It's nice to have a different perspective on all of this. :D  

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Pixie, we all have those type of days, but I think you are fine. :)

kasper

QuoteAs a PS to my earlier post, and any others I make/have made today.  I've been having a really terrible day so everything I say is coming out a bit b*tchy.  I'm very sorry, and try not to take it personally or think I'm a terrible person . . . it's just been a really hard day.
-pix
Pixie, really, as miry say, there hasn't been anything that you've said that have offended me, and I'm sure everyone here will agree on that.  Like I said before, having different opinions and perspective on things is what makes a forum more interesting.  

Trust me, before you guys came, Fetch, Preppy and I were just wringling each others neck! LOL. j/k  :lol: