William is not in love, Palace says

Started by kasper, June 15, 2003, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

William is not in love, says Palace
(Filed: 15/06/2003)

St James's Palace has denied that Prince William is romantically attached to Jessica Craig, the daughter of a wealthy Kenyan conservationist.

Prince William plays for the Highgrove polo team at Cirencester yesterday
The Palace poured cold water on reports that the Prince had fallen for Miss Craig, 21, during his gap year trip to the east African country in 2001.

"St James's Palace denies that there is or ever has been any romantic liaison between Prince William and Jessica Craig," a spokesman said. "They also ask for the media to leave her and her family alone."

The claim that the pair had a "pretend engagement" came as an embarrassment to Miss Craig because she already has a boyfriend.

Her home at the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Kenya has also been besieged by media from around the world, hoping for a glimpse of the woman reported to have won the Prince's heart.

The reserve, run by Miss Craig's father, Ian, was where the Prince spent part of his gap year before starting university at St Andrews.

St James's Palace denied reports that Miss Craig, known to friends as Jecca, was staying at the Highgrove estate in preparation for Prince William's 21st birthday next week.

Prince William recently told of his love of Africa, an affection that developed during his gap year visit, saying he wanted to return to the continent and was even learning Swahili.

The Craig family moved to Lewa Downs in 1922 and managed the site which was then a cattle ranch. In 1983 the decision was taken to make the ranch a wildlife reserve.

St James's Palace said Prince William was a friend of Miss Craig and the Craig family, but that was as far as the relationship went.

Hopefully you guys can breathe now.  Maybe....

Leigh2B

I don't buy this at all... because they want to ensure that his party won't turn into a media circus about her, and also remember that Arabella must be REALLY pissed at him right now... not to mention the other girls he has been linked to who have been invited to the party.  Must be humiliating to be placed in this position.  Also IF there WAS something between him and Kate, she too must be spitting mad.

kasper

***calculating***

...which means they'll probably break up soon and everybody will be happy again.  :D  

Leigh2B

no, I don't think so at all... he will have fewer female friends now... because he's taken.  The good thing here is that at least those remaining will be genuine friends.

PrincessPreppy

The fact they they are outright denying it seems very fishy......why if nothing is oging on are they saying nothing is going on leave her alone??? why do they care sooo much??
Harryite #0035

America's Sweetheart

They might say this, because they do not want the press to bother her.

PrincessPreppy

I know but if noting is happening why do they care so mucH????
Harryite #0035

Miryoku

QuoteI know but if noting is happening why do they care so mucH????
I agree with you - if there is really nothing going on, then why deny it?

The Palace has never denied any of the rumours in the papers linking William to various girls.  They never even denied that he was dating , Juliet Rykens, Amanda Bush, etc. when all of that came out.  

The only one I remember them discussing was Arabella and that was to confirm that they had dated but were no longer dating anymore.
Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

PrincessPreppy

I thought they did say somehting about Juliet though, like that he did not even know her...which was true in the end.
Harryite #0035

Miryoku

QuoteI thought they did say somehting about Juliet though, like that he did not even know her...which was true in the end.
Maybe, I'm probably not as up-to-date about this stuff as all of you.

Do you think the press made all of this up just because William said he was learning Swahili.  And the press thought that was kind of an odd language to want to study so they figured it must have been because of a girl...so they made the link back to Jessica?

Maybe he just wanted to learn Swahili because he truly loved African culture and not to impress a girl.

kasper

I highly doubt they are really dating.  And if they are, I doubt that they are "in love".  It seems to me that William is not exactly the most commited person in the world when it comes to relationship.  So, if he is dating this girl, it's probably not going to go on for very long.

Leigh2B

somehow I disagree... the denial was too strong and too swift... SJP issued no denials about Kate, there was a whimppy one about Byrony and Juliet Rykens, but confirmed Arabella... so I think it may be a case of 'doth protest too much' and they don't want the press to hound her which from what I have read is now the case.  I don't believe that the press made this one up at all, because a journalist had hinted some time ago about some girl he had met in Africa and discussed the possibility of his marrying this person.

FetchingHag

Quotesomehow I disagree... the denial was too strong and too swift... SJP issued no denials about Kate, there was a whimppy one about Byrony and Juliet Rykens, but confirmed Arabella... so I think it may be a case of 'doth protest too much' and they don't want the press to hound her which from what I have read is now the case.  I don't believe that the press made this one up at all, because a journalist had hinted some time ago about some girl he had met in Africa and discussed the possibility of his marrying this person.
I agree with you :D  :D  :D but now I am sad agian :(  :(  :(  :(  
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which

PrincessPreppy

So u gals think that soon we will have to give up on wills and all move over to the harry forum casue he will no longer be on the market??? casue jecca has stolen him away???Q???!?!?!?!
Harryite #0035

pixie

I think if the palace said "mind your own business" the situation would be far more suspicious.

Here's the thing:  If the palace is caught our-right lying, their credibility will be shot forever.  They cannot risk that.  NOTHING is worth being caught in a lie for them.  They know that, they're not stupid.

If the story was true, the palace would simply say "We do not comment on the prince's private lives," as they have so many other times.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

FetchingHag

QuoteI think if the palace said "mind your own business" the situation would be far more suspicious.

Here's the thing:  If the palace is caught our-right lying, their credibility will be shot forever.  They cannot risk that.  NOTHING is worth being caught in a lie for them.  They know that, they're not stupid.

If the story was true, the palace would simply say "We do not comment on the prince's private lives," as they have so many other times.
good point I hope it is true :)  :)  :)  I am feeling better already
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

pixie

Argh.  That last sentance should read "the princes' private lives" or "the prince's private life."  I can't type for my life.  Apologies all around.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

FetchingHag

QuoteArgh.  That last sentance should read "the princes' private lives" or "the prince's private life."  I can't type for my life.  Apologies all around.
it is all right will all have those days  :)  :D  :D but wa got the dreft(sp?)

PrincessPreppy

sara sorry sweetie but as much as I hate the thought of this...he is!!
Harryite #0035

Leigh2B

I have to agree with you PPreppy.  Since he obviously has a hang-up about the press and what happened to his mother, being hounded to death, I think the Palace will deny it now, and then say later that it had to be done to protect her and the prince while he is still at school.  I think that there is a LOT of truth here.  

The mere fact that he has been preparing for so long to go back there with the language thing etc. means he is VERY serious about her.  However, with all this publicity, let's see how William and SJP will handle his private visits from now on.  And, if he decides to spend time there, the media will monitor every move they make.  Neither of them will have any privacy from now on.  But I don't think they will break up.  In my books, he is now 'unavailable'.  Not sure how much of a 'fan' I will be from now on.  Especially after seeing that hard-on... ooohhh, THAT is hard to live down.

Miryoku

QuoteI have to agree with you PPreppy.  Since he obviously has a hang-up about the press and what happened to his mother, being hounded to death, I think the Palace will deny it now, and then say later that it had to be done to protect her and the prince while he is still at school.  I think that there is a LOT of truth here.  

I agree with both of you - this denial was just too swift for the whole thing to be completely made up

He is definitely dating her, although, the media reports about how serious they are about each other may have been exaggerated.  We'll never really know until William himself or St. James Palace confirms it.  

Or maybe if pictures surface of them together (not just standing next to each other but embracing or holding hands or something).  It would be unlikely, though, since William is extremely careful.

But love makes us do stupid things.  I mean, if he doesn't notice that he has a hard-on during a public event, then he's bound to slip up sometime. ;)

In the meantime, we'll just have to continue consoling each other. :P

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

I do not mean to be rude in anyway, but I think if he was seeing her they would not inform everyone until later. If they did come out and say she is his girlfriend, the press would do anything to get near her family, friends, and her most of all. They would stop at nothing to get another story. Prince William knows what his mother went through with the press, and he would never want anyone to have to go through that. If she was not meeting the Queen, I would think nothing of it, but she is being introduced to the Queen. They also need to Queen's permission to get married before he is 25. So, the Queen's first impression could base how their relationship will go. We can all just pray that the Queen dislikes her, sorry I know that sounds mean, lol.  :)  

FetchingHag

QuoteWe can all just pray that the Queen dislikes her, sorry I know that sounds mean, lol.  :)
Yes it is a little mean.. but It gives us Hope :)  :)  :D  :D  :D  :D  

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Even if it is true, a royal wedding takes at least 8 months to plan, we can go and win his heart by then.  :)