Monarchies of the World: Articles from 2006-2008

Started by PrincessPreppy, April 22, 2003, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TB

I Pirates

Jenee

Quote from: wombat on December 14, 2005, 05:48:23 AM
QuoteHer Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah Tuesday inaugurated the Arab regional conference on domestic violence in presence of senior government officials and with the participation of experts and practioners from 17 Arab countries in addition to Pakistan and Iran.

at first glance, I thought that said ab regional conference :lol:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Ladybee

The twin Princes have been named:

-Nicolas Casimir Marie

-Aymeric Auguste Marie.

Wombat

Princess Claire gives birth to healthy baby twin boys  ~ Expatcia

QuoteThe first child was born at 6.54pm on Tuesday, weighed 1.98kg and was 44cm long. The second child was born at 6.55pm, weighed 2.21kg and was 45.5cm long

Wombat

King urges dialogue to fight extremism ~ Jordan Times

QuoteHis Majesty King Abdullah on Thursday held talks here with Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on bilateral relations and Mideast issues.

Wombat

Reduced Workload For King Harald ~ Norway Post

QuoteKing Harald has decided on a reduced work-load in future, and may have been on his last state visit to a distant country. He has dropped a planned visit to India next year

Wombat

Queen Beatrix Glows At Jubilee Dinner ~ Hello

QuoteAs her silver jubilee year draws to a close, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands appears to be relishing life more than ever

Wombat

More Birthday Celebrations For Belgian Royals ~ Hello

QuoteWith Christmas almost upon us people all over the world are buying their last few presents. The Belgian royal family has already indulged in a spot of gift giving, however, in preparation for the 50th birthday of Prince Lorenz' - the husband of King Albert's only daughter, Princess Astrid - on December 18.

Wombat

Lice 'undermined Napoleon's army'  ~ BBC News

QuoteHard genetic evidence that lice-borne disease played a key role in Napoleon's disastrous retreat through Russia in 1812 has been produced by researchers
ewwww... :unsure:

Lola

"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Wombat

Queen Rania Plants Trees To Honour Bomb Victims ~ Female First

QuoteJordan's Queen Rania helped schoolchildren plant trees to honour the victims of last month's bomb attacks in Amman

Wombat

Queen Beatrix Has Christmas Surgery ~ Female First

QuoteDutch royal QUEEN BEATRIX is set to spend New Year's in hospital following an operation on her knee

sara1981

everyone vote for CP's baby to become godparents who would be very close to CP couple

Wombat

Seasonal Outings For Norways Royal Children ~ Hello

QuoteThe younger members of Norway's expanding royal family have been delighting well-wishers with their appearances over recent days, and there was special excitement when the latest addition to the brood, Sverre Magnus, attended his first ever Christmas Eve church service.

TheRoyalist

I've got to admit, I wasn't sure about Mette-Marit (like many other people) when she first wed Haakon, but I have to say I've been impressed by what I've seen, she was really dignified and truly looked and acted the part of the Princess and future Queen during the Norwegian royal family's visit to Britain back in November. I'm glad she seems to have been finally accepted by all.

Joanne

Wombat

Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy Raise Funds For Hurricane Victims at American Foundation of Savoy Orders Ball in New York City ~ PR Web

QuoteTheir Royal Highnesses Prince Emmanuel Philibert and Princess Clotilde of Savoy, the Prince and Princess of Venice, paid a 48 hour visit to New York City, arriving December 9th, through Sunday evening, December 11th. The Prince is the grandson of the last King of Italy, Umberto II, who died in 1983

Wombat

Crown Prince gets high marks ~ Aftenposten

QuoteA new survey suggests that Crown Prince Haakon is doing the best job of all the royals. His wife and sister are doing the worst

Wombat

Jordanian King condemns terrorist blasts in Iraq ~ Kuna

QuoteJordanian King Abdullah II condemned on Friday the terrorist blasts in Iraq over the past two days that led to killing and injuring scores of Iraqis.

Wombat

King Abdullah attends funeral ~ Jordan Times

QuoteHis Majesty King Abdullah and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan arrive in Dubai on Thursday to attend the funeral of the emirate's late ruler Sheikh Maktoum Ben Rashid Al Maktoum, who died on Wednesday

Wombat

Liza Minnelli Dates Royal ~ Female First

QuoteLIZA MINNELLI is starting the New Year with a new toyboy - a 27-year-old Austrian royal
I she still alive? :rolleyes:

Wombat

Norways Future Queen Starts Kindergarten ~ Hello!

QuoteThe new year has brought new adventures for Norway's future monarch, after little Princess Ingrid kicked off 2006 by attending her first day of kindergarten

Wombat

Princess Maxima Wins Liable Case ~ Female First

QuotePrincess Maxima of the Netherlands has won a legal action against a magazine that claimed she hit her children's nanny

Princess wins joust with gossip mag ~ Expatica

QuoteA court in Amsterdam ordered 'Privé' to pay Maxima EUR 5,000 and to publish a rectification as quickly as possible, or face a EUR 25,000 fine for every week it delays printing the retraction

Take that :ugh: tabs! :rant: