Denmark-Birthdays and other milestones

Started by TLLK, April 15, 2018, 01:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug67

Happy birthday Felix.  I hope he can enjoy his birthday with his dad seeming better.  Looks so much like his father.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on July 22, 2020, 03:08:55 PM
Happy Birthday to Prince Felix of Denmark who was born 18 years ago to Prince Joachim and his former wife Princess Alexandra now the Countess of Fredericksburg.

Handsome royal celebrates his milestone 18th birthday - see new photos | HELLO!

Nice photo of Prince Felix surrounded by his father, mother, stepmother, brother and half siblings. Photo was taken at the Danish royal family's private estate in France.

Login ? Instagram

:crown: :bdaycake: :bday7:
It looks like divorce did not mean enemies forever with Joachim and his former wife. How wonderful to see, as it is so important for the children! And what handsome children. 

Macrobug67

TLLK

Yes they do seem to all get along which considering what has happened to Prince Joachim, is best IMHO.

LouisFerdinand

Happy Birthday to Prince Nikolai who was 21 on August 28. He is the eldest son of Prince Joachim.   

:bday4: :bday4: :bday4: :bday4: :bday4:

PrincessOfPeace

A thread to discuss the Crown Prince and Princess and their family

Its a long way from Tasmania to Crown Princess of Denmark

Prince Frederik and Princess Mary met 20 years ago at the Slip Inn during the 2000 Sydney Olympics | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Wow! It's been 20 years since this couple met in 2000  and later married in 2004. For those who are not familiar with their story, the condensed version is that they met at a pub in Sydney. CP Frederik was there with other royals: then Prince Felipe of Spain, CP Haakon and his sister Martha Louise of Norway and Prince Nikkos of Greece (cousin to both Frederik and Felipe). Mary was there with friends and the pair began talking and then going out. The pair corresponded throughout their early years of dating with a few long visits to reconnect. Late Mary moved to France and then Denmark before they announced their engagement.

LouisFerdinand

It is nice to learn that Mary included Australian snow gum eucalyptus in her bridal bouquet.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Princess Cassandra

She has certainly made the transition - she just seems so Danish now.  And what a lovely family they have!

TLLK

I admire how she learned a notoriously difficult language to pick up as an adult.  :)

LouisFerdinand

Did Mary take Danish lessons in both Australia and Denmark?

Curryong

Danish is apparently a very difficult language and now Mary is completely at home in it. A few years ago I met some Danes who giggled a bit about her mastery of the language, as far as grammar is concerned, but I noticed when she gave a speech in honour of Frederik a couple of years ago how at home she was. A workmate has a son who settled in Norway fifteen years ago, having married a Norwegian girl, and he has an accent in English too, something his relatives find hilarious. Inevitable, I suppose.

Amabel2

I thought that she got some flak from Danes for her accent or not being that good at Danish....

Curryong

Yes, she did in the early years. But after all Mary has been living in Denmark for many years now.

TLLK

Quote from: Amabel2 on September 25, 2020, 08:13:36 AM
I thought that she got some flak from Danes for her accent or not being that good at Danish....

Like @Curryong said she did  receive some criticism for her accent and pronunciation, but it has lessened over time. Likewise Maxima, Marie, Mathilde, Paola, Silvia, Maria Teresa who all learned a second, third or fourth language as adults will likely never fully achieve native accent and pronunciation but most seem comfortable with speaking a primary language in their respective nations.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on September 24, 2020, 08:02:44 PM
I admire how she learned a notoriously difficult language to pick up as an adult.  :)
Yes, especially when there were so many  other demands on her time....learning new patronages, starting a family, royal engagements....etc

Curryong

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 25, 2020, 03:45:44 PM
Yes, especially when there were so many  other demands on her time....learning new patronages, starting a family, royal engagements....etc

With regard to actually learning the language though, didn't Mary go to Denmark and live and work for a while there before she and Fred became engaged? Although I agree that the best time to learn any foreign language is in childhood or teen years, it's also helpful to actually live in the country and learn how to negotiate daily life, everything from dentist appointments to food shopping, going to the hairdressers, ordering a take away lunch, buying bus tickets etc etc. In my view that's a hundred times better than sitting with a tutor being instructed in a language.

TLLK

@Curryong-Yes she did go there prior to their engagement announcement so it did give her an opportunity to start learning Danish. Former sister-in-law Alexandra had a bit of a head start when it came to learning Danish as she was already a fluent German speaker and there's some similarities in sounds.

Blue Clover

They have managed to keep their relationship together! Twenty years and four children later I think Mary was up for the job and has performed very well.

LouisFerdinand

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 16, 2020, 12:29:29 AM
The future King Christian XI turns 15   
Prince Christian of Denmark turns 15 ?????????! - YouTube

My God!! It doesn't seem more than five minutes since he was a baby being christened!

TLLK

I'd forgotten that both Christian and Leonor were born in the same year. Which makes sense when you consider that their respective parents married within a couple of months of each other. Very handsome photos of Prince Christian who IMO favors his mother.

Curryong

Yes I agree. I think both Christian and his sister Izzy resemble Mary. Izzy is very pretty. I got quite a shock when I saw the recent photos about how much darker Christian's hair is now to when he was younger. I wonder who he will end up marrying? Almost certainly a commoner but part of me does want at least one wedding of the younger generation of European and Scandi royals to have a prince and princess fall in love. The Belgian, Spanish, Netherlands families have young daughters in their ranks!

TLLK

Prince Christian of Denmark tests positive for COVID-19 ? Royal Central- Apparently there was an outbreak at his school. The family has gone into isolation at the Frederik VIII palace.

QuotePrince Christian of Denmark, second in line to the Danish throne, has tested positive for COVID-19.

His parents, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, received news of a local outbreak of COVID-19 at the Traneg?rdskolen in Hellerup, which Prince Christian attends, last Sunday and he subsequently underwent a test.

Prince Christian is currently in isolation at Frederik VIII?s Palace at Amalienborg. He has not been in contact with other members of the royal recently, apart from his parents and siblings. The Danish Royal House has been advised by the Danish Agency for Patient Safety to also be tested. The entire family will stay in isolation in Frederik VIII?s Palace until cleared to break isolation according to the current guidelines.

Official announcement (in Danish.) H.K.H. Prins Christian er i dag testet positiv for COVID-19 | Kongehuset

Curryong

That is very bad luck, not just for poor Christian and his siblings, but for his parents too, almost be on Xmas week before their isolation ends. Back to Zoom I suppose, for most things. Queen Daisy is in the danger age group and can't be out and about anyway. Hopefully it will still be a Merry Christmas for the DRF.