The Spanish Royal Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, June 12, 2018, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

King Felipe's Christmas speech had the most viewers for any of the past royal holiday speeches in the country's history. I believe that much of it was due to how the King would address the ongoing issues surrounding his father's financial dealings.

Curryong

I wish that JC himself would address the ongoing issues connected with his financial affairs, otherwise known as corruption on a large scale. Of course he's not going to, especially as he knows he could well end up in jail, as his son in law did with his doings, and in his own case he would probably die in there.

Nevertheless, leaving huge messes for your son to deal with, especially when said son is your successor on what has been in the past quite a volatile throne, is neither kind, nor honourable nor decent behavior. Perhaps he could reflect on this the next time he goes to confession.

I do wonder whether, apart from his own greed and cupidity,  paying off and/or catering to his various girlfriends and mistresses' demands and wants had some bearing on his actions.

TLLK

QuoteNevertheless, leaving huge messes for your son to deal with, especially when said son is your successor on what has been in the past quite a volatile throne, is neither kind, nor honourable nor decent behavior. Perhaps he could reflect on this the next time he goes to confession.
Amen!!

IMHO Juan Carlos and his Belgian counterpart King Albert need to both consider asking for forgiveness as their personal lives have definitely had an impact on their successors. Fortunately for the monarchs in the Netherlands and Japan, their predecessors' actions were more kind, honorable and decent.

TLLK

TLLK

It would appear that the marriage of Infanta Cristina and her husband I?aki Urdangarin is struggling. She lives in Geneva with the children. He is still incarcerated at a minimum security prison but has passes to go out from time to time. He's reportedly now in a relationship with another woman.

I?aki Urdangarin y Ainhoa Armentia acuden juntos a su lugar de trabajo tras la exclusiva de 'Lecturas'

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 20, 2022, 02:34:59 PM
It would appear that the marriage of Infanta Cristina and her husband I?aki Urdangarin is struggling. She lives in Geneva with the children. He is still incarcerated at a minimum security prison but has passes to go out from time to time. He's reportedly now in a relationship with another woman.

I?aki Urdangarin y Ainhoa Armentia acuden juntos a su lugar de trabajo tras la exclusiva de 'Lecturas'

Why aren?t I surprised by all this? When you  deliberately take a corrupt path other things begin to crumble. And after a few temporary passes a new relationship? Please!

TLLK

BREAKING: Spain?s Infanta Cristina separates from husband, Inaki Urdangarin ? Royal Central

QuoteInfanta Cristina of Spain has separated from her husband, Inaki Urdangarin.

The couple, who have been married for 24 years and who have four children together, have parted just days after photos of Inaki Urdangarin holding hands with another woman appeared in the Spanish press.

In a brief statement, the couple said ?by mutual accord, we have decided to to separate. Our dedication to our children remains the same. Given that this is a private matter, we ask the utmost respect for all those involved.?

The statement was signed ?Cristina of Borbon and Inaki Urdangarin?.

IMO it was time for the couple to end their marriage even though rumors of his infidelity had been around for some time. Hopefully the "pink press" which makes the UK's tabloids look sweet and polite, will leave their children, her sister etc...alone and stop badgering the family for information. Personally I doubt that the reigning King and Queen will offer up any statement beyond the usual "TM  have been informed and support their decision." Cristina has been a persona non grata for years after the news of the NOS scandal broke. She's been publicly estranged from her brother and sister-in-law for a very long time due to her own involvement in the scandal. While the ice might thaw in time for the siblings' private relationship, I don't anticipate Cristina to be present at any official events except for the eventual funerals for her parents.

TLLK

A look back at Cristina and Inaki 's history together. Reportedly they both met at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and later announced their engagement in 1997 and married in October of that year. The couple had four children together with three sons and a daughter.

A look back at the 24-years history of Infanta Cristina and I?aki Urdangar?n ? Royal Central

PrincessOfPeace

King Felipe has tested positive for Coronavirus today, after developing mild symptoms last night.  He will self-isolate for 7 days.

TLLK

Felipe joining Margrethe in that now expanding club of current and former royal Heads of State who have had COVID. Honestly it might be easier to just tally the ones who HAVE NOT tested positive. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

NEW: King Felipe VI of Spain has Covid ? Royal Central

King Felipe VI of Spain has gone into isolation after contracting for coronavirus.

The Spanish monarch tested positive on February 8th 2022 after developing mild symptoms. His official engagements have been cancelled for the coming week and he will remain in isolation.

His wife, Queen Letizia, is symptom free and has tested negative meaning she can carry on with her official duties. Their younger daughter, Infanta Sofia, has also tested negative. Their elder daughter, Princess Leonor, is currently in Wales where she is studying.

The first engagement cancelled for King Felipe VI, who has just turned 54, was his meeting with the President of Bosnia-Herzegovina which was set to take place on February 9th 2022.

King Felipe has been vaccinated against coronavirus.

TLLK

A timeline of I?aki Urdangar?n?s time in prison ? Royal Central

QuoteOver the past 15 months, news of I?aki Urdangar?n being offered new conditions to serve his sentence for tax fraud and money laundering have come out regularly. Let?s take a look back at the timeline of the story.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Queen Sofia organized a small private party for her sister Princess Irene of Greece to celebrate her 80th birthday. Also in attendance were Queen Anne Marie of Greece, King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Infanta Sofia.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1525827476319899650/Ce5CVUC9?format=jpg&name=small

TLLK

The SRF is in Mallorca for their annual summer holidays. Former Olympian King Felipe is training for an upcoming race.

Mallorca | Primera salida al mar de Felipe VI

Even though they're on vacation, the family always has a number of official engagements.

QuoteOfficial activities for next week:

01.08.2022 - King Felipe, Queen Letizia,  Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sof?a visit the Cartuja de Valldemossa.

02.08.2022 - King Felipe meets the President of the Government, Mr. Pedro S?nchez P?rez-Castej?n at Almudaina Royal Palace.

04.08.2022- King Felipe and Queen Letizia offer a reception to the Authorities of the Balearic Islands and a representation of the Balearic Society at Marivent Palace.

06.08.2022- King Felipe awards the trophies for the "40th Copa del Rey-Mapfre" sailing regatta at Ses Voltes Enclosure of the Parc de la Mar in Palma.

King Felipe will participate as every year in the regatta aboard the Aifos of the Spanish Navy.

TLLK

TLLK

Today the family are visiting la Cartuja de Valldemossa. Typically there is at least one visit to a historic or significant site when the family are at their summer holiday residence.

Foto: Los reyes y sus hijas visitan la Cartuja de Valldemossa | Fotos posado real: Los reyes Felipe y Letizia y sus hijas Leonor y Sof?a visitan la

TLLK

Queen Letizia attends Atl?ntida Mallorca Film Fest ? Royal Central

QuoteQueen Letizia attended the closing ceremony of the Atl?ntida Mallorca Film Festival, celebrating Spanish cinema.

Queen Letizia arrived at the La Misericordia Cultural Centre on the closing night of the film festival and was accompanied by the President of the Balearic Islands, Francina Armengol, as well as other cultural and governmental dignitaries, along with Jaume Ripoll, the Director of the Atl?ntida Mallorca Film Festival.

TLLK

TLLK

Curryong

Yes, one of the nicer things about these Mallorca vacations is that we see the King going out to dinner with his mother and daughter, Queen Sofia out and about with her sister as well, just different combinations that we don?t usually necessarily see.

Curryong

How tall is Leonor! Ex Queen Sofia, Queen Letizia and the two Infantas out to dinner. Leonor towers over her sister, other relatives and even others in the background. She?s taken after her father, Felipe, in height that?s for sure. I wouldn?t be surprised if she?s nearly six foot already!

SSMM LA REINA LETIZIA SALE A CENAR CON LAS INFANTAS Y LA REINA SOFIA EN PALMA DE MALLORCA MIENTRAS FELIPE VI SE ENCUENTRA EN COLOMBIA - SSMM LA REINA

Macrobug67