Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2

Started by Curryong, October 19, 2021, 04:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread to discuss the former staff for the members of the British Royal Family

BP and KP both picked up several Sussex staffers after Harry and Meghan left. That doesn?t mean however that Amy loathed working for Meghan. In fact we know she didn?t, as she turned up to the Fashion Pod event hosted by Meghan after her own departure.

And it?s reasonably common for many people to change their minds at short notice about living and working abroad. In fact that happened to me when a girlfriend bailed barely two weeks before we were due to sail to Australia. Also, friends of mine several years ago were all ready to take up a job in LA when the husband, who had been head hunted and newly hired, got cold feet because of leaving his teenage children. In fact  I?ve heard of that sort of sudden change of mind a lot.

And it doesn?t say here that Amy was planning to work and live abroad at all, merely that she was going to do some travelling in 2019.

Another Close Aide of Meghan Markle Is Leaving Kensington Palace Role

wannable

^ Amy never left London to work abroad.  She is one of the Jason Knauf of the alleged MM bullying, 'always having someone in her sight' claim

Amy Pickerill CV/Resume Experience

Experience
The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Director of The Earthshot Prize
The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Full-time
Employed Jan 2020 ? Present

Mental Health Innovations (maternity cover)
Director Of External Affairs
Mental Health Innovations (maternity cover)
Employed Aug 2019 ? Jan 2020
Employment Duration 6 mos
Location London

The Royal Household
Assistant Private Secretary to The Duchess of Sussex
The Royal Household
Dates Employed Nov 2017 ? May 2019
Employment Duration1 yr 7 mos
Location London

Office of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, The Royal Household
Senior Communications Officer
Office of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, The Royal Household
Dates Employed Sep 2016 ? Oct 2017
Employment Duration1 yr 2 mos

Royal Bank of Scotland
Head of Campaigns and Regional Media, Press Office
Royal Bank of Scotland
Dates Employed Jul 2015 ? Sep 2016
Employment Duration1 yr 3 mos
Location London, United Kingdom

Ogilvy Public Relations
Secondment to Ogilvy Media Influence
Ogilvy Public Relations
Dates Employed Nov 2014 ? Jun 2015
Employment Duration 8 mos
Location Manhattan, New York

RBS
Total Duration3 yrs 10 mos
Title Head of Campaigns, Press Office
Dates Employed Sep 2012 ? Nov 2014
Employment Duration2 yrs 3 mos
TitleM edia Relations Manager
Dates Employed Feb 2011 ? Sep 2012
Employment Duration1 yr 8 mos

HM Treasury
Press Officer
HM Treasury
Dates Employed Jun 2009 ? Feb 2011
Employment Duration1 yr 9 mos
Location Westminster, London

Curryong

Where in my previous post did I say that I believed that Amy left the post of Maghan?s PS to go abroad for work? In fact I said the opposite, and the article I put as a link stated the same. Neither the article nor myself stated that Amy had left London to work in any other country. If you read the article linked it said she was looking forward to some travel in the future. You can travel and vacation abroad without taking employment there.

No names of persons employed by the Sussexes and supposedly part of the complaint of bullying by Meghan have ever been put out in the public arena, by Valentine Low, Jason Knauf or anyone else.

Would you care to link any such article that has been published naming any names? And it is extremely doubtful indeed that any such people will be named after the Inquiry is over, as the focus and emphasis appears to be to build structures in the Palaces for the future, not rake over alleged incidents that would be about three years old in 2022/23.

I couldn?t care less what Richard M said or didn?t say about Kate?s waist. And the Twitter mob are for ever on the rampage over something. They are almost as bad as Fail commenters, with many probably the same people. If Piers Morgan attacks people that is fine I suppose.

Curryong

And if you didn?t believe that I said that she worked abroad in my post why then post the woman?s entire employment history in your reply? Not much point as I hadn?t mentioned any of it in my post.

wannable

For the record. Although there is a tiny gap from March 2019, when all the Sussex left over employees were severed (payment) from the job to her starting date with MH institution in August 2019. 

I am glad though she was rehired by William, Jan 2020.  It's his project under the Royal Foundation umbrella. She has posted all the work done via her linkedin, so she seems quite proud of it.

Curryong

Well the DF?s own RR had a very different take on Amy Pickerell?s leaving, so below is either the truth from Rebecca English, or as usual none of these RRs know what they are talking about.

Why Amy Pickerill, Meghan Markle's Top Royal Aide, Is Quitting

One might ask, if Amy (who was Assistant PS, not a PA) was so traumatised by working for Meghan it?s a wonder she turned up after her employment ended for the fashion pod event. Plus Knauf gave evidence on Meghan?s behalf in her court case against the newspaper group early this year, curious behaviour if he disliked her so much.

Once again, the bullying allegations are just that, unproven. And, once more, nobody has ever been named in the public sphere. .

Incidentally, if you look,at Amy?s employment history there is a consistent pattern of one to two years employment in each job. Hardly long years of sticking to one thing.

wannable

Eventually 'some' mysteries are solved.  I don't think this one will be, BP Bullying thread, financial end year, some changes or not to the HR Management rules and reg.

Her CV is consistent climbing up the ladder (enter glassdoor, place each position she's had from the beginning to the latest 'director', salary earnings...says the story). This means she is good at work and very likely 99% sure has leadership.

I think Amy is very lucky to work and have face to face access with William Hague/Prince William with this secured 10 year project.

Curryong

Prince Charles' top aide quits: Pressure of ongoing inquiry leads to shock resignation | Daily Mail Online

Fawcett the Fence, long time aide to Prince Charles, has resigned all his posts with Prince Charles/Clarence House in the wake of the cash for access scandal, the Inquiry for which has not yet ended. He is described as ?a shadow of his former self?. Like Charles?s other mate Nicholas ?Fatty? Soames,  Fawcett prided himself on dressing the same way as Charles and adopting the same gestures. It would be sad if it wasn?t so laughable. Anyway, Charles, who undoubtedly knew what was going on with the scandal, has one potential future troublemaker gone.

TLLK

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/princes-charless-top-aide-michael-fawcett-quits-charity-amid-honours-inquiry-ts0z0s2m9

QuoteThe Prince of Wales?s right-hand man and the head of his charity has resigned amid a ?cash for honours? inquiry, it emerged last night.

Michael Fawcett has resigned as chief executive of The Prince?s Foundation after questions were raised in the autumn about the awarding of a CBE to Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, a Saudi billionaire, in 2016.

It was alleged that Mahfouz had sent thousands of pounds to fixers with links to the Prince of Wales on assurances that he could receive the honour. Mahfouz denies wrongdoing. Fawcett, who had been accused of offering to help secure a knighthood and British citizenship, was said to be ?heartbroken and shattered?.

TLLK

Fawcett's replacement is to be the woman who has been filling in during his absence Emily Anne Cherrington.

The working mother entrusted with Charles' charity amid donor scandal | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe woman standing in for Michael Fawcett at the Prince's Foundation following his resignation is a working mother-of-two described as a 'safe pair of hands'.

Emily Anne Cherrington, 38, has been acting chief executive of the Dumfries House-based organisation since Mr Fawcett temporarily stepped down in early September.

It comes after reports that Charles's ex-valet Mr Fawcett offered to help a billionaire Saudi donor to the prince's charity secure a knighthood and British citizenship.

Mrs Cherrington is married to husband James with whom she has a son and a daughter, and they live in the Leicestershire town of Market Harborough.

She has been with the charity for more than four years, having joined in May 2017 as senior deputy executive director and then being appointed COO in January 2020. 

She is said to be a 'safe pair of hands' and sources at the Prince's Foundation told MailOnline she would 'continue' in this role while an investigation is carried out.

The confirmation comes after 59-year-old Mr Fawcett, who was Charles's right-hand man, dramatically quit last night over the 'cash for honours' inquiry.

TudorQueen

Part 2 of news and discussion about Current and Former BRF Staff members

Sadly in a hard year, the queen has suffered another loss.

Fortune Fitzroy, Dowager Duchess of Grafton died at 101 on Friday. Fortune was the queen's mistress of the robes since 1967, and lady of the bed chamber before that from 1953. She was appointed mistress of the robes while still a countess, a role usually held by a duchess.

THE FOOTMAN: Fortune?s Good Fortune ? The story of the Queen?s Mistress of the Robes as she celebrates her 101st birthday ? Royal Central

The Queen Attending The Maundy Service At Chichester Cathedral. She... News Photo - Getty Images

Fortune FitzRoy, Duchess of Grafton | The Royal Watcher

She was related to the Queen Mother. The queen mum's paternal grandmother was the Frances Smith, 6th of 7 kids of Oswald and Mildred Smith. Oswald and Mildred's third child Edward was the great-great grandfather of Fortune.

In October 1946 she married Hugh Fitzroy, at the time the Earl of Euston, later 11th Duke of Grafton. Her husband died in 2011.

The couple had five children, but since their eldest son died in 2009, the 12th duke is the couple's grandson.

She is survived by her 4 children as well as 9 grandchildren and at least 3 great-grandchildren (the current Duke has 3).

Curryong

Don?t know whether this post is OK here or not.

Harry issues a statement about The Times linking him to the Cash for Honours scandal in a recent article.

A spokesperson for the Duke of Sussex has released a statement following a new report linking him to Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, the Saudi billionaire whom an investigation concluded last week had donated money to Prince Charles' foundation in exchange for a CBE honour.

Prince Harry speaks out as Prince Charles' cash-for-honours scandal grows | Channel

It is disappointing that The Sunday Times, knowing all the facts, has chosen to encourage speculation by being deliberately vague to try to create a falsified link between The Duke of Sussex and the CBE scandal, of which he had no knowledge or involvement," the statement reads.

"The Duke and his advisors, as well as his nonprofit Sentebale, severed ties with Mr Mahfouz and his associates in 2015, no longer accepting further donations to Sentebale and discontinuing any plans for a fundraising event amid growing concerns over the motives for his support.

"The Duke had one planned meeting with this donor nearly eight years ago, did not introduce him to any members of the Royal Family, and expressed his concerns about the donor."

TLLK

The Duke of Sussex released a statement in response to The Times article regarding his former association with the wealthy Saudi donor  Mr. Mahfouz who was named in the PoW's former director Michael Fawcett's firing. Mahfouz had previously donated in 2013 amounts totaling to 50,000 pounds  to Prince Harry's charity Sentebale but he cut ties with him in 2015 over concerns about Mahfouz's suspected motivations for donating to the charity. There has been no link or suggestion that Prince Harry tried to provide access to Mr. Mahfouz to his father or any other member of the BRF.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/assets/uploads/updates/2021-12-05/914357_6917769_harry-statemen_updates.jpg

Prince Harry Disappointed at Being Linked to Crisis Engulfing His Father

QuotePrince Harry was dragged into the mess after reports in The Sunday Times showed his Sentebale charity also received ?50,000 in 2013.

Harry met Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz at a pub, posed for photographs and was in discussion about holding a charity auction or thank you dinner which ultimately never took place, the newspaper reported.

The Duke of Sussex came out fighting in a statement from his spokesperson suggesting he raised concerns about the donor. There is no suggestion Harry offered help securing a knighthood or citizenship for Mahfouz.

wannable

Both the son and father cut ties with a bad person who was giving cash to charities to cover his shady dealings. Ends.

Many bad people do this, hence it's always good to do background checks.  The Cambridges used to be involved in ARK charity, the last one they attended W said he wanted to make sure about background checks, he did, since then no more yearly ARK.

Background check practice should always be done for personal and work life.

TLLK

I wholeheartedly agree @wannable that anyone choosing to donate to a charity or organization should take the time to do a preliminary background check. While the BRF and other royals do have staff who are vetting the groups that request a royal patronage, it might be different and difficult to do such a check with individuals who offer to donate to their numerous patronages.

wannable

The issue with the Saudi billionaire is still news. Not sure why Harry's PR team decided to make a statement that he had 'warned' his father.  Clarence House replied back saying they have no communication of the alleged warning from H.

I stand with my previous opinion, background checks. Mistakes are made, famous people charities just have to be more careful with whom they associate.

wannable

NEW (official as of today 15/12)

Jean-Christophe Gray
Private Secretary and Head of Household to HRH The Duke of Cambridge
Kensington Palace
Full-time
Dates Employed Feb 2021 Present
ETA: As of today also Director of The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Previous experiences:
Director
Company NameHM Treasury
Dates EmployedJun 2015 ? Mar 2021
Employment Duration5 yrs 10 mos

Prime Minister's Official Spokesman
Company NameCabinet Office
Dates EmployedDec 2012 ? Mar 2021
Employment Duration8 yrs 4 mos

Director
Company NameMinistry of Housing, Communities and Local Government Full-time
Dates EmployedDec 2020 ? Feb 2021
Employment Duration3 mos

Various, including Deputy Director, General Expenditure Policy
Company NameHM Treasury
Dates EmployedApr 2002 ? Dec 2012
Employment Duration10 yrs 9 mos

Education:
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Degree NameMSc, European Politics and Policy
Dates attended or expected graduation1997 ? 1998

University of Oxford
Degree NameBA, Modern History
Dates attended or expected graduation1994 ? 1997

TLLK

Kate Middleton's stylist Natasha Archer welcomes baby number 2 and shares a sweet snap on Instagram  | Daily Mail Online

QuoteKate Middleton's stylist and close friend Natasha Archer has welcomed her second child.

Royal photographer Chris Jackson, the husband of the 34-year-old royal aide, announced the news by sharing a sweet picture of their newborn baby boy on Instagram.

The snap shows the couple's eldest son Theo, who was born in 2018, looking over his sibling, who is sleeping in a cot by the Christmas tree at the family's home in Barnes, south west London.

The sweet and festive picture was liked by more than 26,000 who sent their good wishes to the happy parents.

Chris took a beautiful and tender photograph of their two sons.  :wub:

wannable

Lady Farnham, who had been the Queen's Lady of Bedchamber since 1987 and rode with the Queen on the way to her Diamond Jubilee service in 2012, died four days after Christmas aged 90. It follows the death of the Queen's Mistress of the Robes Ann Fortune FitzRoy, the Duchess of Grafton, aged 101 last month and is another blow after the passing of husband Prince Philip in April

TLLK

Sadness for The Queen as her close friend and aide, the Lady of the Bedchamber, dies aged 90 ? Royal Central

The Queen?s Lady of the Bedchamber, Diana, Lady Farnham, has died at the age of 90.

Lady Farnham has been Lady of the Bedchamber to the monarch for over three decades, having been appointed to the senior position in 1987.

She was a close friend of The Queen, and accompanied her on many of her Diamond Jubilee engagements in 2012 in place of Prince Philip when he was hospitalised.

Lady Farnham?s death comes less than a month after the monarch lost another of her ladies-in-waiting, the Duchess of Grafton.

As was the case with Lady Farnham, the Duchess of Grafton was one of The Queen?s most trusted confidants, and her death at the age of 101 last month left a huge void in the Royal Household.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, a royal source said: A royal source said: ?It is very sad for the Queen.

?Everyone loved Lady Farnham, she was always so good humoured. She was also a very glamorous and attractive woman.

?It has not been a good year for the Queen ? losing her husband and then the Duchess of Grafton and now Lady Farnham.

?They were dear friends who supported the Queen on official duties.?

Lady Farnham died on 29th December 2021.

I'm very sorry for QEII as she's lost family and long time friends in the past ten years in addition to her husband. I feel as though her world is shrinking especially with the required isolation from the pandemic.

Blue Clover

Yes, it is very sad for the Queen. Here long-time friends were people she could depend on and confide in, a void must be left as a result of so many losses.

fawbert

The Duchess of Grafton and Lady Farnham were not only friends of the Queen but family. All three ladies descend from the Smiths of Midhurst. The Duchess and Lady Farnham were the Queen's third cousins.

Not too remote. I still see my third cousins.
Fawbert

TLLK

Thank you for the additional information @fawbert. Their loss must be keenly felt by HM.

fawbert

Rebecca Priestley, MVO, [nee Deacon], wife of Adam Priestley, has given birth to a second son, Paddy.

Peerage News: Patrick Michael Walter Priestley [born 2022]

Mrs Priestley, a former secretary to The Duchess of Cambridge, was awarded the MVO in 2017. She married Adam Priestley in 2017. Their first son, Billy, was born in 2019.
Fawbert

fawbert

Sir Richard Buckley, KCVO, FRGS, has died aged 94. He served as private secretary to the Duke and Duchess of Kent from 1961 to 1989.

Peerage News: Lieutenant Commander Sir Richard Buckley, KCVO, FRGS 1928-2022
Fawbert