Princess Diana 'Almost Outed George Michael to Harry', Former Royal Aide Claims

Started by cinrit, October 01, 2014, 12:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Of course she was complicated.  I didn't say you said this History Girl re: Abuse.  Just a general observation.

HistoryGirl

I didn't say you insinuated that i said it either. The idea that just cause she told Harry to shut up she was a bad mom is ridiculous. But it is clear that the drama of their marriage did affect William and Harry as it would affect any child. Nothing abusive, but still difficult to deal with I think. 

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 02, 2014, 03:26:00 PM
Anne Boleyn was written about during her own life; those sources are what we now use to piece together aspects about her. Hundreds of years from now when people study Diana, this "gossip" is what they will use to piece her character together along with things that she said herself. How do you define gossip anyway? You seem to see gossip as anything that's negative about Diana whereas anything positive must be the truth. I'm just simply informing you that historians don't see it that way. They collect the good and the bad because not one single individual that has ever existed has only good aspects. ‎We discuss Bill Clinton's affairs...he's not dead and neither are his family members; should we wait six hundred years to discuss that or what?

I, along with many others, like to have the full picture, the good and the bad‎, in order to do my best to analyze a situation; clearly that is not the case for all.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 03:26:08 PM

:goodpost: I want to collect the facts and hear both sides before I come to an opinion.

Double post auto-merged: October 03, 2014, 12:16:27 AM

Quote from: sandy on October 02, 2014, 01:44:39 PM
I agree FDF Diana has two living sonswho must be aware of the slamming of their mother and how hurtful it is. Anne Boleyn has been dead for centuries. Big difference.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2014, 01:45:49 PM

Quote from: TLLK on October 02, 2014, 03:36:08 AM
The article mentioned that it had been raining heavily and that HM along with Kate joined the hunting party at lunch time. HM was getting over a cold and opted to stay indoors.

Well the fact remains that there are no more photos of her dragging dead birds around.And if she were such an eager beaver about hunting she would have gone on that weekend of hunting that W an harry went on (Jecca was in the hunting party).
Well I believe that there are not too many photos because people are shooting with guns/bow and arrows instead of their phones. :lol: Just because there are no photos doesn't mean that various royals are not out with the groups. Security seems to be better recently at Sandringham than at other places ie: The White House.

sandy

So how come Jecca Craig went with William and Harry on that weekend and Kate supposedly an avid huntress did not join them?
I don't think she hunts anymore.

HistoryGirl

I don't think she was ever an avid huntress, she just liked to go to be with William. She probably wanted to stay home with George that weekend.

Canuck

That's my take on it, HistoryGirl.  I've actually read speculation that Kate stopped hunting after receiving some appeals from PETA -- I take that with a big grain of salt (knowing PETA's self-promotional ways), but in any event it seems like Kate was happy to go along on hunting excursions but not as avid a hunter as some members of the BRF.

HistoryGirl

I don't even know what we're discussing anymore lol William and Kate obviously enjoy spending time together

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 03, 2014, 01:39:42 PM
I don't think she was ever an avid huntress, she just liked to go to be with William. She probably wanted to stay home with George that weekend.
Agreed. She likes the outdoors and so I wouldn't be surprised to see her out with him and the family. I've never read that she was an "avid huntress."

wannable

She's a crack at it, started at age 14 as an extracurricular activity from Marlborough with clay pigeon shooting, passed on later to pheasant. She won various times.

She was also member and trained at the National shooting centre in Besley.

Ex source: News of the World linked in RIF, actual available  internet source: the express, Adam Heliker - Kate Middleton is no fool with the Gun.

SophieChloe

It seems Kate was an all-round good egg - could she also walk on water?

What the hell happened to her?  What is with the lazy girl we have now?  Never mind, I have my own thoughts  :nod:

[mod]Very naughty of me, but we must get back on topic....Princess Diana and George Michael :hug:[/mod]

Double post auto-merged: October 06, 2014, 04:42:03 PM

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 02, 2014, 11:41:20 PM
The idea that just cause she told Harry to shut up she was a bad mom is ridiculous. But it is clear that the drama of their marriage did affect William and Harry as it would affect any child. Nothing abusive, but still difficult to deal with I think. 
Totally agree @HistoryGirl - A Mother telling her child to shut up is normal to me.  The day my children are wiping my .... and dribble off my face, they can tell me to shut up too. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

SC-The picture that popped in my mind. If they really want to have  a go they're going to put a "I heart Prince George" button on your t-shirt while they visit you at the home.  :hehe:

SophieChloe

^  :clap: :happy15: I do love him - I love ALL children.  He is gorgeous  :hug:

sandy

Quote from: wannable on October 03, 2014, 04:24:46 PM
She's a crack at it, started at age 14 as an extracurricular activity from Marlborough with clay pigeon shooting, passed on later to pheasant. She won various times.

She was also member and trained at the National shooting centre in Besley.

Ex source: News of the World linked in RIF, actual available  internet source: the express, Adam Heliker - Kate Middleton is no fool with the Gun.

Still have not seen her trailing around picking up dead birds lately. If she were so avid she would have kept WIlliam company on his hunting trip. Jecca was there.

Double post auto-merged: October 03, 2014, 05:28:36 PM

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 03, 2014, 01:39:42 PM

She picked up and left George other times. I don't think she could have been bothered going on a hunting weekend. Now if it had been Mustique...

HistoryGirl

That was one time. Mothers have been known to take vacations without their children but that doesn't mean you wanna leave them every single chance you get.

sandy

It was more than one time.  And the hunting expedition was only a weekend.  She is seen shopping by herself and going to parties. Women can manage to leave the children and don't have to be glued to the house. It has been known to happen.

SophieChloe

HistoryGirl

I don't quite see how comparing Kate to Diana is gonna erase Diana's flaws.

sandy

Believe it or not Kate has flaws. I'll go no further.

These tell all people come out of the woodwork. Maybe this guy will criticize Diana for putting too  much salt on her steak. Makes it not so good to be a famous person it is not known if the person next to him or her is making up notes for a future book.

SophieChloe

[mod]OK, time to cool off :friends: :catfight: Locking this thread for now :chill: :hug:[/mod]

SophieChloe

[mod]Thread unlocked. Please keep it friendly and about Diana and George :hug:[/mod]

amabel

I didn't say you insinuated that i said it either. The idea that just cause she told Harry to shut up she was a bad mom is ridiculous. But it is clear that the drama of their marriage did affect William and Harry as it would affect any child. Nothing abusive, but still difficult to deal with I think. 
Good heavens if telling yoru child to shut up is bad mothering!  I think its a ptiy she didn't tell Harry to be quiet more often....

SophieChloe

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on October 04, 2014, 11:55:25 AM
Good heavens if telling yoru child to shut up is bad mothering!  I think its a ptiy she didn't tell Harry to be quiet more often....
:lol: Maybe she wanted some duct tape now and then for Harry.

I agree History Girl that the drama during the Wales' separation/divorce did affect the boys. Using a child as a confidante is not the wisest thing to do as they are not equipped with the emotional maturity to deal with it.