Buckingham Palace Human Resources Investigation

Started by sara8150, March 03, 2021, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

For what it's worth, June 2022 Sovereign Grant report will have IMO (I'm like 99.9% sure) new and very much updated policies and procedures for both Staff and Principals*. The Principals will be 'updated' to this era with the new guru ethnics person.  The shouting and screaming and bad treatment is 5 years old past. As I said, this bullying policies in big, medium companies is only about 5 years old. I worked in oil, giant, 5 years old. New robotics co. 3.5 years old. 

Possible leaks? 50/50 to Valentine Low, The Times or Camilla Tominey, The Telegraph. 

* For the Senior Royal Working members.  Ex Andrew and Ex Meghan are the ones the press is pointing a finger. Andrew will probably be recommended by his mother to take the progam personally asap, for his 'home' employees. Not a peep can or should come from his cleaner, driver, etc. during his forever home for jail.

wannable

Non of those articles have to do with the Bullying claim, but with the Oprah interview.  :flower:

The bullying claim, I believe we wont have any more news until March-June 2022.

TLLK

Royal staff have reportedly taken back Meghan Markle bullying claims

QuoteBut now, in the newly added epilogue for Finding Freedom: Harry & Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family, authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand reveal how Royal staffers requested that their claims be taken back.

"Two of the individuals," the epilogue says, "asked for any allegations made to HR about their experiences with Meghan to be rescinded."

The epilogue also addressed the Palace's investigation into the claims: "Employees who worked for Harry and Meghan [were] invited to give testimony about her alleged behaviour in the workplace (a move also welcomed by the Sussexes, who sources said hoped the process would 'shed light on the reality of these rumours')."

The investigation into the claims, which is being carried out by an independent law firm, were due to be released in June of this year. But, the investigation has been delayed and details of any findings are not expected to be released to the public until 20

@Curryong-I recall you mentioning this in an earlier thread a few months ago.

PrincessOfPeace

Valentine Low said on Twitter a few days ago nothing has been withdrawn because it was Jason Knauf who forwarded the complaints to Simon Case.

TLLK

I will check out that Twitter post @PrincessOfPeace . Do you recall if it was on his Twitter account?

Curryong

A Tweet that doesn?t answer the question of whether the two staff members had/have withdrawn their complaints. If Low knew that had happened when his article that came out just before the Oprah interview that caused such a stir, he wasn?t being completely candid at the time, was he? 

And I did indeed mention that the two staff members had withdrawn their allegations with the same sort of rebuttal that Scobie has now come out with.

AFAIR I posted it on here at around the time there was the kerfuffle in the media  as to whether Knauf would be appearing in Meghan?s case against the DM for copyright. He did indeed give testimony by document after which the DM?s case collapsed like a flat souffl?. It was months ago, anyway.

wannable

Facts: An email from Jason to Simon. Jason is the man Valentine refers to. The Sussexes had more than a dozen, to be exact 18 staff members for them alone.

Curryong

Fact: Low still did not answer the question he was asked by a fellow Tweeter. That was ?Is it true (had he heard) that the two staff members referred to which Scobie referenced, withdrew their complaints? (after being told that Jason had referred the entire matter to Case.)

Fact: I heard that months ago, and TLLK correctly remembered that I posted it here.

It doesn?t matter how many staff members were employed by the Sussexes. We don?t know how many are going to speak to the Inquiry or how many have withdrawn their complaints like the two mentioned. So let?s stick to facts we know.

TLLK

IMO those former members of the Sussex staff can go forward and meet with the third party investigation team. If a couple of them have determined that they were not bullied by the Duchess of Sussex, then they can relate their experience to the team. Anyone who believes that they were bullied can likewise share their experiences.

The ultimate goal IMHO is to create an environment in which BRF staff can truly have "Dignity in the Workplace." That should apply to all including "the Principals." There should be a protocol in place so that those who believe that they're being bullied can go to their HR representative and be  able to log their concerns.

Curryong

I think we?ve agreed on these points before that you have so lucidly expressed, TLLK. There should have been some sort of protocol and mechanism in place in all the Palaces for decades IMO. Staff for Princes Charles and Andrew have reportedly had their grievances. Some have recounted them in bios of the two royals. 

The point is however, that as far as this Inquiry is concerned we don?t know who is going to come forward to complain about what, or how many people are involved. And all should of course be invited to speak, including ?the Principals?. However, who knows, some ex employees may well have moved on and just don?t want to participate.

wannable

Royal aides reveal bullying claim before Meghan's Oprah ...The Times & The Sunday Times ? article ? royal-aides-reveal-...
Mar 2, 2021 ? The complaint claimed that she drove two personal assistants out of ...

The 'list of personal assistants is very very limited.  Each one has 1, 2 driven out. They were poor performers or there's a pattern of short term/turn over of employment. 

TLLK

Video Icon

Article by The Times Royah Nikkah on the investigation.

QuoteAn investigation into claims that the Duchess of Sussex bullied members of her staff has led to Buckingham Palace ?improving the policies and procedures? in its HR department, according to royal sources.

However, the findings from the highly sensitive inquiry, which was paid for privately by the Queen and conducted by an independent law firm, will never be published.

It is understood they will be kept under wraps to protect the privacy of those who took part and to limit tensions between the Sussexes and the palace. Courtiers have insisted the inquiry, which was launched in March last year, should ?not be played out in public? to ensure those who took part felt ?comfortable?.

Some participants are deeply disappointed the report is being ?buried?.

It is understood that the inquiry only recently concluded but those who took part have not been informed of its outcome which has caused upset.
Changes to the royal household?s HR policies as a result of the inquiry were expected to be published in the annual Sovereign Grant report later this month, which details the use of the annual payment by the government to the Queen to fund the royal family?s official duties, and includes royal staffing.

The Sunday Times understands Buckingham Palace no longer plans to make any public statement on the inquiry, or even publicly acknowledge the subsequent changes to its HR policies.

The palace instigated the unprecedented investigation after it emerged that two senior members of staff claimed they had been bullied by Meghan during her time as a working royal. Another former employee said they had been ?humiliated? and claimed two members of staff had been bullied. One aide claimed it felt ?more like emotional cruelty and manipulation, which I guess could also be called bullying?.

Meghan, 40, denied the allegations which were first reported in The Times in March 2021. Her lawyers described the claims as a ?calculated smear campaign? before the Sussexes? interview with Oprah Winfrey the same month and said the media was ?being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative? about the duchess.The palace, which initially planned to conduct the inquiry internally, said it would ?not tolerate any bullying and harassment? and was ?very concerned by the allegations? that Meghan forced out two personal assistants and undermined the confidence of a third.

A palace spokesman said: ?Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learnt. The royal household has had a dignity at work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.?

After the allegations emerged, including claims that young members of staff were ?broken? and reduced to tears by Meghan?s behaviour, a royal source said: ?The actual worst incidences haven?t come out. There are some harrowing stories to tell.? Another palace source said: ?There?s a lot that could come out in the wash that hasn?t been told.?

The original complaint was made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf, then communications secretary for the Sussexes, who later served as chief executive of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?s Royal Foundation until January this year.

PrincessOfPeace

Something tells me if the report acquitted Meghan it would have been made public.

Macrobug67

I?m not surprised it?s not released.  Workplace investigation reports are kept confidential in most situations. 

TLLK

As I recall, didn't BP state that they were always planning to keep the findings private?

wannable

IMO it will remain private like a card under the sleeve. That card can be cut into several mini cards/victims. I hear 3 original files all in safe hands.

So when Harry and Meghan do anything untoward, out comes a mini card to the media. Let us see if they are effectively done over like the Windsor couple, live a real quite life in Montechito. Start counting days until a itch, roll down a window?.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 19, 2022, 08:09:43 PM
IMO it will remain private like a card under the sleeve. That card can be cut into several mini cards/victims. I hear 3 original files all in safe hands.

So when Harry and Meghan do anything untoward, out comes a mini card to the media. Let us see if they are effectively done over like the Windsor couple, live a real quite life in Montechito. Start counting days until a itch, roll down a window?.

Well, that?s hardly likely as apparently most of those who gave accounts to the Inquiry have never been informed of the findings of the investigation, leading supposedly to upsets.  BP staff, even courtiers, even if they are virulently anti-Meghan, won?t be given access to the files. And if anything gets shown or imparted to the media then that directly contravenes privacy legislation.

And, The investigation would not have either exonerated or cast blame on Meghan because it was focused on (future) palace policies to protect the workplace environment around BP and other royal workplaces. The palace didn't specifically investigate as to whether those allegations were true or false. BP and KP HR practices may not have come out of this sparking bright either, so that will mean that the Palaces have their own reasons for keeping this report under wraps.

Nightowl

I am a firm believer where there is smoke there is fire and that in keeping the report locked away for good, it protects all parties.....the very people interviewed and Harry and Meghan.  And that there have been mistakes made by both sides in this issue.  Nobody is perfect and i have seem money, power, titles go to people's head and then  self-entitlement along with egos goes out of control.   Andrew  is a perfect example of that and Harry's behavior is showing the same, both meed to learn to be very quiet and keep out of sight for a while.......like a few years so people cam digest the the issues and maybe work things out,   

wannable

I?m not being mean, with those two you have to have several cards up the sleeve and be 1 step or more forward. Their independence is BS, they are obsessed with William and Kate. If they truly were not obsessed they?d not have trash talked Harry?s family.

Dangerous people have to be dealt with cards that if you want to call it blackmail so be it.  You do another Oprah, we will spill the tea so to speak. I see no other way to deal with those 2.

Nightowl

Absolutely and totally agree with your comment.......*never* trust a person that has lied about you, JUST NEVER!   

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 20, 2022, 03:24:48 PM
I?m not being mean, with those two you have to have several cards up the sleeve and be 1 step or more forward. Their independence is BS, they are obsessed with William and Kate. If they truly were not obsessed they?d not have trash talked Harry?s family.

Dangerous people have to be dealt with cards that if you want to call it blackmail so be it.  You do another Oprah, we will spill the tea so to speak. I see no other way to deal with those 2.

In what way are the Sussexes obsessed with William and Kate? Are they always taking about Harry?s brother and sister in law every five minutes for months? Because the only people that I can see who are obsessed with anybody are tabloid journalists, royal authors, ?royal experts?, media commentators etc. They?re the ones that can?t stop talking, and haven?t stopped talking about the Sussexes day in day out in newspapers, docos, YouTube channels etc for over three years.

BP made it very clear at the start of the Inquiry that the investigation would be centred around how HR processes in the Royal palaces could be improved for the future. It was the media who lied, stating that the inquiry would make Meghan and the allegations of her bullying left, right and centre.

It has also always been made clear by the Palace that the findings of this inquiry would be kept private. The law firm in charge of the procedure didn?t even call Meghan (or Harry) to testify.  No part of this report that even mentions Meghan can be leaked AT ALL due to British privacy laws. Not now, not in the future. 

TLLK

Yes @Curryong is correct in that the findings were not going to be made public.  Going forward this information a will create thenecessary changes to HR policies.

Honestly I don't believe that the Sussexes are "jealous " of the Cambridges. 

wannable

Watch it being leaked not sooner not later, with patience when necessary