Glowing Zara Phillips chooses a flattering tunic to dress the newest baby bump

Started by chavita, July 12, 2013, 01:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chavita

QuoteGlowing Zara Phillips chooses a flattering tunic to dress the newest royal baby bump as she celebrates at her grandmother's Coronation Festival

Taking a tip from her cousin-in-law the Duchess of Cambridge by showing that maternity wear need not be dowdy, the expectant Zara Phillips stepped out yesterday looking chic and elegant.
The Queen's grand-daughter, who announced she is expecting her first child with husband, rugby star Mike Tindall, looked radiant in a flattering tunic dress featuring a graphic print and an interesting asymmetric sleeve.
Zara, 32, joined other members of the royal family, as well as the entire Middleton clan to watch a gala performance of music and dance from throughout the Queen's reign as part of the Coronation Festival, in her first public appearance since revealing she was pregnant.
Harryite #0009

Lothwen

Kate isn't the first "famous" pregnant woman to dress in a classy manner. What Zara is wearing doesn't look anything like what Kate would wear. Why is an article about Zara talking about Kate?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

georgiana996

:P because kate managed not to look like a bag lady while pregnant a fate nit even sarah sophie or diana cud escape from ....
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Limabeany

Kate did not look great to me except in a few occasions and mostly the color was what was nice not the attire itself. Most of her coats were shapeless. The color in some was nice but the fashion was boring and shapeless and required her to hold it to her crotch with her clutch-bearing hands to give her some form. The polka dot dress was particularly inappropriate for everything she wore it to given the UK winds and the fact that she isn't 12.  :blank: I think the first dress she wore, the first time out was nice and comfortable but I particularly feel that is not an appropriate working dress. Yes, that was a work visit. Her above mid-thigh length preference is also, in my opinion, inappropriate for her line of work, rare as it may be.  :notamused:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

She wasn't holding her crotch ... she's always held her hands like that.  She'll probably continue to, until she gets out of that awkward "what-should-I-do-with-my-hands" period. :hehe:  For the record, since we're commenting on it, I've liked the majority of her maternity dresses.  They concealed her stomach well, which is the same thing I'd do if I knew everyone was watching it.

Not crazy about Zara's this time ... maybe next time.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

She seems more impersonal than awkward but to each his own opinion. She is holding her dress to her at the crotch, if that suits you better, to give it some semblance of shape as well. Sh is pregnant, not fat. There is no concealing necessary. Rania and Letizia dressed fine. You don't need to wear shapeless coat-dresses to look presentable and elegant.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

I prefer to think of it as holding her hands under her belly, since there's no reason to think she's holding her crotch. :lol:  And to be fair, Kate has been watched much, much more than Letezia or Rania.  Most people (myself included) had no idea when either was pregnant any of the times they were.  But since this is Zara's thread, let's wait and see how Zara holds her hands.  I've decided it's not so much the print I don't like about her tunic, it's that it kinda looks like the muu-muus one of my friends likes to wear around her house.  But if she's comfortable, that's what matters most.

Cindy

Limabeany

Again, I did not say hold her crotch but hold her shapeless dress at that area to hold it down. :) In any event, I found her style bland and not the best dressed pregnant woman since Eve, the magazines make her out to be.

cinrit

^^ You're right ... you said "hold it to her crotch".  :thumbsup:  But I didn't see a reason for "crotch" to even be included in the description.  But that's why there are forums, because people have different opinions and different ways of expressing themselves.

Cindy

Lothwen

I'm interested to see how Zara will dress her pregnant body as her bump begins to grow. She has an interesting fashion sense.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

chavita

Quote from: Lothwen on July 14, 2013, 01:33:34 AM
I'm interested to see how Zara will dress her pregnant body as her bump begins to grow. She has an interesting fashion sense.

Yes, let's call it interesting. :censored2:

I liked the print on the dress. Not fond of the different sleeves, if you are going to do that, go for very different sleeves in length. THis one looks like she cut it off.
Harryite #0009