King Philippe at Remembrance Day in Brussels

Started by Jennifer, November 13, 2014, 12:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteYesterday, on November 11th, King Philippe of the Belgians attended a commemorative ceremony on the occasion of Remembrance Day.

This year, Remembrance Day is even more special than usual, as it marks the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War I. And even though this day was originally meant to serve the remembrance of soldiers of World War I, all servicemen and women, who have served in either of the two World Wars or conflicts after 1945, are remembered on this day.

Yesterday's remembrance ceremony took place at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Brussels — the tomb of five unknown soldiers, victims of World War I, buried in 1922 and honoured with this magnificent monument. Outside the tomb, an eternal flame burns. The tomb stands at the Congress Monument, a large column marking the creation of the Belgian state.

Read more:
King Philippe at Remembrance Day in Brussels | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston