Duke of Edinburgh Seen Wearing Hearing Aids for the First Time

Started by cinrit, October 28, 2014, 01:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duke of Edinburgh was seen wearing hearing aids for the first time at a reception in Buckingham Palace today.  The hearing devices were visible only because of a thin wire next to each ear.

Philip accompanied the Queen at a reception to honour recipients of the Victoria Cross and George Cross and their families.

More: Duke of Edinburgh seen wearing hearing aids for first time - ITV News

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Those are very, very discreet. Congratulations to the recipients of these awards.

HereditaryPrincess

I didn't realise that Prince Philip had problems with hearing, but as he is very old now, I guess it's quite common amongst his age group. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Moving on, he's looking remarkable for his age and I'm amazed that he's still able to continue performing royal engagements - that's something I admire him for. I have a feeling that he's going to live for a long while, like the Queen Mother.

TLLK

His cousin King Michael of Romania is very close in age to Phillip and seems to have inherited the same longevity genes.

HereditaryPrincess

^^^ How old is King Michael, @TLLK? I knew he wasn't young but am not exactly sure how old he is.