Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIt was her all-time favourite designer that the Duchess of Cambridge chose for a very special appearance in New Zealand on Thursday.

All eyes were on Kate as she and the Duke of Cambridge arrived in the town of Blenheim, situated in the heart of Marlborough wine country, to take part in a service of remembrance for New Zealand's war dead and to lay a wreath in their memory.

She wore a military blue coat by Alexander McQueen, the same British high-end label the Duchess chose to design her wedding gown and has worn on countless occasions.
More: Kate Middleton picks Alexander McQueen for outing in New Zealand | Mail Online

Lady Adams

Since we all keep talking about Kate's dress flying up earlier this week, I thought I'd show two pics of when this happened to Michelle Obama yesterday:
Barack Obama Saves Wife Michelle From Wardrobe Malfunction: Picture - Us Weekly

President Obama held it down for her, and she was wearing a slip.  :thumbsup:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George royal tour style in video

HereditaryPrincess

I thought Kate's blue coat was lovely, apart from the pockets - they were a little on the large side for me. Her cocktail dress was elegant and I thought the fern was a thoughtful touch, although it was a bit much on the dress IMO. I also liked today's outfit - so far Kate has dressed well! :thumbsup:

Lady Adams

From Twitter:

QuoteVictoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror

Bev Hayes, 68, said about Kate :"I complemented her on her green dress. She said she liked it but William thought it was a bit bright"

:hmm:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

FanDianaFancy

FL Michelle Obama  should have had her dresses weighted. How hard  is that?????????
Because  of ones' lifestyle being  photographed  on the tarmac, getting offf the  helicopter, etc,  HAVE THE DRESSES weighted.
She  could  , should know by now, go pants like Hillary and  Laura  did  for  boarding AF1 and  Marine!

I  think FL Michelle Obama has missed the mark many times  in her fashion, protocol, and  things.

Sorry and yea,I voted for Obama.

K  looks nice. Could use  some more weight.   Alexannder McQueen adn Jenny nPackman  have an abundance  of pr  riches  from K. She always  wears them. fine. What  about  other British  designers? She  wears some  of  them , but not much.  AM  Fashion House JP fashion recieve the most  noterity adn  she has  been in them for  iconic  moments  then and still now.
She does  wear repeats which  throws in a common, earthy  touch. The sailing outfit  is  a repeat   from several times over. Timeto  retire that one from public. It  was perfect  for the yacht  event: blue, naval looking, nautical looking.  The blue wedged. The black heels  and nude heels .  I sure the nude heels will show up, are   a staple for her.  She loves  really  high , classic heeled pump. We here who like heels or  any shoe  knows, if it works, keep it!! No testing out  shoes and at particular times. For her walking , standing, going up steps, perhaps these  shoes feel like slippers  . Good for her.
K looks  pretty. Her hair  could be trimmed  just a few inich  off the  bottom to make it  shorter, yet  still long.  Fuller  on top . Layered  more  or layered something  to make the top fuller. 
The  hair  simply pulled back with faux  hair piece to as a ponytail holder  was  fine.  I assume it  was a faux  piece. It  could have hers too.  Some people do use  a faux  hair  ponytail holder. Her hair  was poofed  on top and  it  was  really  good for a windy  day.  For a serious  affair held outside.  It was a god look.  Classy. Smart. Elegant. Simple. No hands moving the hair   while laying a wreath  or  bowing  her head  for prayer.
K is a natural amoung the people  in attitude. Energy.

I am giving  some negative  with some postive   opinions.

Lothwen

I don't understand wearing the coats as dresses.  It was 68F and sunny today.  No need for a coat. And I hate the one she was wearing today.  The cut and color and not flattering on her.

Why doesn't she just wear a dress or a blouse and skirt? 

Double post auto-merged: April 12, 2014, 04:09:45 AM

I'd like to see Kate get away from wearing the coats all the time.  I like these dresses for daytime events

Erdem | Darice printed twill dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Alexander McQueen | Belted crepe pencil dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Fendi | Tiered dégradé organza dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Roland Mouret | Antila two-tone wool-crepe dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Diane von Furstenberg | Cadence silk shirt dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Fendi | Color-block crepe dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

I think she is trying to look more elegant, hence the coatdress overkill and only two dresses, but I have hated these dresscoats so far... The green ode to the zipper, the red button parade leader outfit and the blue nurse's uniform (i did like the blue color itself.) And, I definitely do not share her fascination with suede shoes... Informally I find her uniform of skintight jeans and the horrible ever-present wedges tacky but liked the blue and white top, nice and comfy. I loved the black and white dress she wore to meet the children but thought she should have worn color and not black and white to the event and certainly not what appears to be her other security blanket besides the hair which is the high heels, flats would have been much more appropriate and thoughtful. The black dress, I thought the embroidered detail was very aging and the black clutch and black shoes made it funerary and the security-blanket hair which needed to be smoothed out of the way to show the embroidery was inadequate for a dress with details on the shoulder...  I did like the fit.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

Duchess of Cambridge's £48 nautical stripe top sells out after New Zealand sailing trip

QuoteTo the untrained eye, Kate was wearing a simple blue-and-white top to go sailing in New Zealand. But the £48 striped garment has sold out after royal fashion followers flocked to copy her nautical theme.

British brand ME+EM was inundated when she wore its Breton top while piloting an America's Cup yacht off Auckland.
More: Duchess of Cambridge's £48 nautical stripe top sells out after New Zealand sailing trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

Jenee

It's interesting how the clothes she wears sell out like that. On the one hand, I kind of understand liking something you see someone else wear and then buying it yourself... On the other hand, I find it a bit creepy.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

PrincessOfPeace

Royal tour 2014: Duchess of Cambridge style watch. As the Duchess of Cambridge embarks on a three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia, see what she chose to wear

Royal tour 2014: Duchess of Cambridge style watch - Telegraph

Jenee

I have to admit that the only outfit of Kate's that I have loved so far is the green dress that she worn under that ugly green coat. The black dress with the silver embroidery wasn't bad but as someone else pointed out, the entire outfit was a bit funeral-y
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lothwen

I liked the black dress, but because she had the fern detail on the shoulder I thought her hair should have been pulled back, or in an updo. That's why Kate can't wear jewelry (IMO) because her hair distracts from it.
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

^^I agree with you, Lowthen.

The cocktail dress could have really been spectacular if she had put her hair in an updo (I'm thinking a chignon on the opposite side of the fern, but anything up would have been lovely). We could have had a clear view of the lovely beading, and of her jewelry, and added to the formality of the event.

Quote from: Lothwen on April 12, 2014, 03:41:32 AM
I don't understand wearing the coats as dresses.  It was 68F and sunny today.  No need for a coat. And I hate the one she was wearing today.  The cut and color and not flattering on her.

Why doesn't she just wear a dress or a blouse and skirt? 

I wondered that too-- especially after seeing her with photos of children wearing sundresses.

I mean this as nicely as possible, but perhaps she is cold? Many women on the thinner side are often cold. Kate looked so thin at the yacht racing that I'm a bit worried for her.

Pamela

^^Lothwen, I like your dress ideas!  :clap: They're much more interesting and exciting than Kate's.

So far Kate's clothes on this tour have been a huge disappointment to me. Frumpy, plain and boring. I know people have commented before that she dresses too old for her age, and while I didn't agree then, I think so now.

I'd rather see elegant and interesting outfits, not one solid wall of color on the torso and a pair of dark high heels. Yawn.

TheRealDuchessOfSussex

I like this dress Lela Rose | Chantilly lace dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM

but I don't know if it would look good on Kate or Harry's future fiancee :windsor1: :vday4: :royalsneeze: :wed: :princess: :ww: :cheer: :daisy: :love12: :happycanada: :happyuk:
I think I'm the only one here that has written a letter to the Queen and got a letter back from the Lady in Waiting..... :P :happy15: :wed:

Pamela

Lady Adams

Finally! Kate is wearing a NZ designer: Emilia Wickstead (in a design you might recognize-- she wore it in pink in 2012)

Press Association Images
Press Association Images

It stayed down while leaving the plane. She's got a fern hat on, and wearing the fern broach today. So, safe to say, she's paying homage to her host country. (It doesn't take much to make me happy.)

Lothwen

I don't like what she wore for the wine tasting. I thought she could have worn a casual style dress, or a skirt
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

^^ I really hate jeggings. I really hate wedges. Together I think they look ridiculous.  :hehe:

Lothwen

I have a pair of jeggings that I love, so I can understand why she wears them, but I don't understand why that's the only thing she wears for her "casual" events.
Harryite 12-005

Izabella

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 13, 2014, 04:23:50 AM
^^ I really hate jeggings. I really hate wedges. Together I think they look ridiculous.  :hehe:

:thumbsup: