The Wales' Children Christenings-All years

Started by sara8150, July 25, 2013, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

What to expect at Prince George's christening
What to expect at Prince George's christening - hellomagazine.com

William and Kate havent decide for christening date will be but im sure will be October or less christening or next years before off to trips we have wait and see will have official date be from palace,clarence house no guess games till annoucement christening dates will be..

chavita

No way they would pick James Middleton over Harry for Godfather.
Harryite #0009

FanDianaFancy

Two godparents easy-Pippa and Harry.
James M for their next child.
K has one sister. Easy choice there.
K and W each have  a brother.
PH would  be first  for this child over JM.
Maybe they  will have JM too, but they  have to have other men as  godfathers and  JM would take up one of those spaces  reserved for  crowed heads,  PW  closet  titled  named friends, etc.

Seems a christening  would be  by Oct., the latest.  That is three months.  kind of long.

memememe

The Christening can't be before October because The Queen will be in Balmoral and she will have to be there.  It will probably follow tradition, at least I hope it does, and thus be in BP with the Archbishop of Canterbury doing the honours with water from the River Jordan and a few photos released afterwards to the public and maybe even a video of the family gathering before or after with the actual event being totally private for the family and godparents.

sara8150

im sure PW and Kate will chosen godparents who will be but both already chosen siblings PH and Pippa since wedding in 2011 and both havent decide who will add godparents will be?!? PW and PH both had 6-7 godparents as baby you will find out who will be Prince George's godparents will be!! But HM Queen will be there for christening plus member of Royal family too who will attend on lists..

Double post auto-merged: July 26, 2013, 03:49:44 AM

Who will be the god parents? From naughty Uncle Harry to a posh estate agent and a 6ft lady rower...
Who will be the god parents? From naughty Uncle Harry to a posh estate agent and a 6ft lady rower... | Mail Online

Jmax2

I don't think they will include a Midd sibling at all.  It's just not tradition to acknowledge any other family than the royal one, and Godparents are inevitably - a royal, a group of the royal parent's (in this case William) hangers-on, and one rich guy.  So it'll be four of William's friends, prince or princess _______ of Europe (not Harry, he'll be Godfather to the spare), and the Duke of Westminster.

I can't see this changing.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

sara8150

Quote from: memememe on July 25, 2013, 09:52:51 PM
The Christening can't be before October because The Queen will be in Balmoral and she will have to be there.  It will probably follow tradition, at least I hope it does, and thus be in BP with the Archbishop of Canterbury doing the honours with water from the River Jordan and a few photos released afterwards to the public and maybe even a video of the family gathering before or after with the actual event being totally private for the family and godparents.

HM Queen been in Balmoral every years on summer vacation till October i think so but HM Queen will be there for her great-Grandson's christening she wont miss that but HM Queen DID attend her grandchild's christening and she never miss!! Plus member of Royal family's christening also you will find out..But will have official pictures also due permission from palace and Clarence House also to publish pictures and plus magazine around world plus USA too

megaroozle

I'm putting my money on one of the van cutsem brothers.Besides arent the God parents usually a married couple? That's what I have come to see but I guess anything is possible.

Sandor

I don't think so; none of William's were a married couple.

If Baby George has the usual number (six), I think it will be one member of the RF, one close friend, and one wealthy aristocrat.

(Not the Duke of Westminster;  his wife was William's godmother so that would be odd, imo).

Nor do I think they'll have any of the Greeks;  I was thinking they might choose one of the European Royals, Like Frederik or Mary.

Limabeany

They, W&K, have no relationship with any of the European Royal Houses, barely with the Spencers, even less with the Greeks and an apparently now occasional lukewarm one with the Windors. But they will have some...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

FanDianaFancy

-godparents of PW and PH

For Prince William: former King Constantine II of Greece (his paternal cousin); Princess Alexandra (his paternal cousin); the Duchess of Westminster; the Lady Susan Hussey; Lord Romsey (his paternal cousin); and Sir Laurens van der Post.

For Prince Harry: the Prince Andrew (his paternal uncle); the Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (his paternal cousin); the Lady Vestey; Mrs William Bartholomew; Bryan Organ; and Gerald Ward

wikki-source

I would be shocked if they  do  have Pippa and Harry be  godparents.
Then maybe, room for one  of  PW  's  closets  friends. Seems he would  be allowed this. K, no. His friends seem to be her freinds anyway.
The rest  have to be  of the nobility,  superich somone.

Maybe for this  kid, Begiums' new  K and Q.
PW  is godparent to Princess M.Cahntal Pavlos  ' child.

Maybe she and her  prince husband.

It  will be itneresting how  PW, K, QEII and TPTB  chose this.

sara8150

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on July 26, 2013, 04:01:45 PM
-godparents of PW and PH

For Prince William: former King Constantine II of Greece (his paternal cousin); Princess Alexandra (his paternal cousin); the Duchess of Westminster; the Lady Susan Hussey; Lord Romsey (his paternal cousin); and Sir Laurens van der Post.

For Prince Harry: the Prince Andrew (his paternal uncle); the Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (his paternal cousin); the Lady Vestey; Mrs William Bartholomew; Bryan Organ; and Gerald Ward

wikki-source

I would be shocked if they  do  have Pippa and Harry be  godparents.
Then maybe, room for one  of  PW  's  closets  friends. Seems he would  be allowed this. K, no. His friends seem to be her freinds anyway.
The rest  have to be  of the nobility,  superich somone.

Maybe for this  kid, Begiums' new  K and Q.
PW  is godparent to Princess M.Cahntal Pavlos  ' child.

Maybe she and her  prince husband.

It  will be itneresting how  PW, K, QEII and TPTB  chose this.

We have wait and see who will become official godparents be?!? I'm sure William been close their royals cousins mostly I'm sure William and Kate know circle friends since attend weddings they chosen godparents for their baby George let William and Kate decide on the lists limit 6-7 godparents if both chosen foreign royals you will surprise!! I don't know who will be on the lists?!?

IF William and Kate chosen siblings to become godparents due respectively since their wedding April 29,2011 I don't wanted judge on William and Kate let their decide have sibling as godparents mostly royals can allowed have godparents plus family they can trust in family member..

Lucy

Actually Diana chose three of her own untitled friends to be Prince Henry's godparents.

I seriously doubt W & K will choose anyone as old as Will's god parents were when Chas chose them for him.

I agree that one of the van Cutsems is a good bet. I also think one of the Spencers shall be chosen as Will is always adamant about including them in anything connected to him...as in bd parties, weddings et al. He may choose Viscount Louis Spencer, for instance.
Could be Uncle Henry will be included and / or one of the Kents, such as Lady Helen Taylor.
As for one of Kate's siblings, Phillipa is the most likely.

Baby Georgie will always be surrounded by Middletons, Spencers and Windsors. Both W & K are very family oriented which is jolly ideal given the burden of being royal.
DIANISTA # 1

Lothwen

I can't imagine them having Harry, Pippa, or James as the godparents, since they are already uncles and aunts. Maybe a cousin, or a very close friend. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

corydora

I will let you know when my invitation arrives  :happy15:
Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

sara8150

Royal Baby Baptism: How Prince William, Kate Middleton's Son Will Be Christened
Royal Baby Baptism: How Prince William, Kate Middleton's Son Will Be Christened - Yahoo! omg!

Prince Charles got christening after he was born on November 14,1948 and he christening on unknown date of December 1948 when he was one month old
Prince William got christening when he was two month old on August 4,1982 on his Great-Grandma the HM Queen Mother's birthday and he not happy baby im tell you! im hope baby george not get same his dad!
Prince Harry got christening at two month old on December 1984 and his older brother stole show!  :yesss:

Double post auto-merged: July 27, 2013, 03:51:37 AM

Royal baby Prince of Cambridge to wear nostalgic christening gown
http://www.latimes.com/features/image/alltherage/la-ar-royal-baby-prince-of-cambridge-christening-20130722,0,2557317.story

Jmax2

Quote from: Lucy on July 26, 2013, 11:36:56 PM
Actually Diana chose three of her own untitled friends to be Prince Henry's godparents.

I seriously doubt W & K will choose anyone as old as Will's god parents were when Chas chose them for him.

I agree that one of the van Cutsems is a good bet. I also think one of the Spencers shall be chosen as Will is always adamant about including them in anything connected to him...as in bd parties, weddings et al. He may choose Viscount Louis Spencer, for instance.
Could be Uncle Henry will be included and / or one of the Kents, such as Lady Helen Taylor.
As for one of Kate's siblings, Phillipa is the most likely.

Baby Georgie will always be surrounded by Middletons, Spencers and Windsors. Both W & K are very family oriented which is jolly ideal given the burden of being royal.

It would be great if W & K were willing to choose Middletons and Spencers as Godparents.  Pippa and James will be influences no matter what, so why not admit that publically by naming one of them?  The fact that they are an uncle and an aunt is no barrier, after all, prince Andrew is one of Harry's Godfathers. 

And, as someone mentioned on another board, baptisms and christenings are times of renewal and reconciliation, so choosing a Spencer would be a wonderful way to demonstrate that William, at least, is willing to move on from the past and end the royal habit of holding grudges.  Making the Viscount Althorp a Godparent would be a great way to accomplish this without throwing grease on to the fire.  But, really any close member of Diana's family will do.

Honestly though I just don't see it.  IMO, the Godparents will be made up of hangers-on, a royal, and a really rich guy or gal.  It is the royal way, and I can't see that changing.
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

FanDianaFancy

You guys are  right. That would  look nice, cool,   if  PW  had  an aunt  Spencer of  his  or  uncle Spencer be a godparent.

Any chances, I would think not, but TPB, II or LPBLopes.
I bet TPTB  would  love and are  probably pushing  for that.

No. 
If so ,before one of his aunts or  his uncle Spencer?
Wow!

I am just speculating.

Jmax2

I could see a Parker-Bowles as an outsider option for a Godparent.   I do see Charles pushing for it.  But whether he'll succeed, who knows?

sara8150

godparents chosen is Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton but Prince William chosen favour Tom Van Straubanzee for godfather from prep school and Kate chosen Alice St.John Webster for godmother from Marlborough College but i dont know will add more godparents Wills and Kate makes decide on godparents add three finger cross..

Jmax2

^^ Somehow I think Prince Harry won't be this child's Godfather.  He strikes me as a traditionalist, and my guess is he'll want to focus his wisdom on the child that will share his role in life.  I'm betting he'll be prefer to be a Godfather for child number two.

Double post auto-merged: July 28, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

How about these Godparents:

Pippa - no because she too high profile

Harry - no because he'll want to be Godfather to the spare

So:

Thomas Van S
Kate's friend
Peter Philips
Princess Bea
James Middlton
Laura Lopes

I think the Spencers are out completely, they weren't included in the wedding, they won't be included in this.  But for the rest, Charles is happy (Laura Lopes), Kate's happy (her friend and brother), William's happy (TVS), and the queen and royals are happy (Bea and Peter).

I think this is possible.

georgiana996

Harry most probably will be godfather I mean comeon hehe
I love their christning gowns ..should be kept safely for generations http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/archive/2008/04/17/wessex.jpg
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Jmax2

Andrew is a godfather to the spare, Harry, so it makes sense that Harry would wish to be a godfather to the spare as well.  Not having him as godfather to George is not an insult after all.  And, like I said, I can see Harry wanting to do that.

Rebound

This christening better happen quickly, before George outgrows that gorgeous gown!

sara8150

Prince George: Who will William and Kate ask to be his godparents?
Kate Middleton baby: List of Prince George's potential godparents - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: July 30, 2013, 05:40:24 PM

Prince George to wear replica of 172-year-old christening gown
Prince George to wear replica of 172-year-old christening gown - hellomagazine.com